Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 5:25 pm

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
price up 30 euros

Originally Posted by b1513
Many places will be unavailable the longer this thread goes on.
When I first saw this 8 hours ago I had a 4 day award res at HH Vienna stadtpark and could have gotten rooms for eu 84 or Plaza for eu 109.

Now it's eu 113 and eu 209 so I guess I will stay with my award . This is getting some play so if refundable act first and think later
Old Dec 10, 2012, 5:58 pm

Does anyone have a link to the promo page alluded to by BlondeBomber and JJJJust where it says we will get credit? The link posted in this thread doesn't say one way or the other whether we get credit, which by default should mean we do, but I don't think we should make any assumptions.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:00 pm

Programs: HHonors, Marriott Rewards, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by brooklyngal
Does anyone have a link to the promo page alluded to by BlondeBomber and JJJJust where it says we will get credit? The link posted in this thread doesn't say one way or the other whether we get credit, which by default should mean we do, but I don't think we should make any assumptions.
The link in the OP DOES say you will get points. First body paragraph. Second sentence. It, and the rest of the promo, remains silent on stay/night credit.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG PLATINUM, HILTON DIAMOND
Savings up to $400 on the next 3 stays...but 2 stays away from diamond...
Really want to know if this qualifies for stays.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Why do I have to be the guinea pig for this? I don't want to be the guinea pig .

At least I actually need a hotel in the particular area that night, so I'm not mattress running this or anything. It is about half an hour further away from where I have to go, but it saves me $60-70 over the hotel I was going to book anyway. I'll live if I don't get the points due to the savings, but I will report back as soon as I see how it shows up on my account. Hopefully it goes well!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Why do I have to be the guinea pig for this? I don't want to be the guinea pig .

At least I actually need a hotel in the particular area that night, so I'm not mattress running this or anything. It is about half an hour further away from where I have to go, but it saves me $60-70 over the hotel I was going to book anyway. I'll live if I don't get the points due to the savings, but I will report back as soon as I see how it shows up on my account. Hopefully it goes well!
Somebody's gotta be first. I'll be checking this thread frequently for your report since I have two rooms for Sunday.

Bobette
Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:03 pm

Programs: WN A-List (w/CP), Hilton Diamond
Great deal!!! Thank You!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Identity Platnium (Cosmopolitan), Palladium Card, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TheBOSman

thanks bos(s)!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:31 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Just print out the promo page (screen capture) and keep it if you are concerned about not earning points....

Aren't I good?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Best rate(by far) I have ever gotten at the SeaTac Hilton for two upcoming stays.....$54. Thanks!!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:06 pm

Thanks, cblaisd, for posting the screen shot and verbiage.

Do you all suppose whether "All stays are eligible to earn Hilton Hhonors points" means that it will also earn miles? In particular, is this rate eligible for the Virgin Atlantic promotion?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:34 am

Programs: US air -chairman, SPG-Plat, Hyatt - Dmnd, Hilton -Dmnd, Hertz - five star
Originally Posted by brooklyngal
Thanks, cblaisd, for posting the screen shot and verbiage.

Do you all suppose whether "All stays are eligible to earn Hilton Hhonors points" means that it will also earn miles? In particular, is this rate eligible for the Virgin Atlantic promotion?
if it earns points, it HAS TO earn miles. That's what I'm betting on, but looking at what a mess Hilton's customer service is, I wouldn't be surprised if they screw up one way or another.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:04 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by alexkgtu
if it earns points, it HAS TO earn miles. That's what I'm betting on, but looking at what a mess Hilton's customer service is, I wouldn't be surprised if they screw up one way or another.
+1

I feel all this speculation has been totally unnecessary. If it is stated in the T&C that this rate earns points, it should be clear that it counts for miles, stay and night credit as well. Or has anyone in fact ever experienced anything else?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:16 am
cjd

Wouldn't it be so simple for Hhonors Representative to enter the thread discussion and clear up this mess as to whether customers get stay and night credits as well as the promised points. Surely people at Hilton are reading all this discussion and speculation. Have never seen any rates in the past that only give points and not stay/night credits. No mention of this in the Hhonors Terms and Conditions.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:28 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by cjd
Wouldn't it be so simple for Hhonors Representative to enter the thread discussion and clear up this mess as to whether customers get stay and night credits as well as the promised points. Surely people at Hilton are reading all this discussion and speculation. Have never seen any rates in the past that only give points and not stay/night credits. No mention of this in the Hhonors Terms and Conditions.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.