Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at LAX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2019, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
January 2021 Update, courtesy of CalItalian:

Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty are now permanently combined in the Hertz facility until the move in a couple of years to the under construction consolidated car rental facility/garage a mile to the west on the corner of Arbor Vitae and La Cienega.

Returns do not allow agents to check in cars and provide in-person receipts; it has to be emailed. Contracts will not be closed until the vehicle has been sanitized. Be sure to take a photo of your dashboard (fuel gauge/mileage) and any other photos of the vehicle before you leave it in case there are any issues.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Renting at LAX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, United Premier, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Global Entry
My Lax Experience has been Excellent the past 2 Weeks. i'm glad Hertz
stepped up its presidential Circle program for a while it was pretty useless.

Week 1 8/12 rented a Toyota Corolla (C)
Directed to presidential Circle

Picked an Infinity 2017 QX 30

Week 2 8/19 rented a Toyota Corolla (C)
Directed to presidential Circle

Picked an 2017 Jaguar XF

All for the price of a Toyota Corolla.

I'm not sure what is with all the hype with National Executive Elite status. I just got mine status match by National. There prices are HIGH!! I will stick with Hertz Since I have to fly to LA every two weeks for work if I'm receiving cars like these.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:26 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Arrived at LAX at little after 11 am this past Saturday (Labor Day Weekend) and the lot was about as empty as I've ever seen it. I only saw two Nissan Pathfinders, a Nissan Rogue, and a Ford Explorer in the stalls; luckily, a lot attendant pulled a 2017 300s (9,500 miles) into a space which I immediately grabbed. Before I left, a Ford Fusion and a GMC Yukon were brought into the PC area.

Premier Upgrades consisted of a convertible Camaro RS and an Infiniti Q50 both of which had renters in them.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Twice last month the UC PC lot had nothing but a few generic sedans (Camry, Altima etc) with a few folks hanging out waiting for smth nicer to show up...
I ve seen it full of interesting cars recently too.
It really depends on timing..
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:59 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by azepine00
It really depends on timing..
Based on a brief glimpse from the shuttle while exiting the lot, anyone renting on Labor Day afternoon likely had their pick of interesting cars.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: VISA Infinite, AmEx Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum for Life, Hertz 5*, Sixt Platinum
LAX
Booked: PFAR Chevy Suburban
Received: PFAR Chevy Suburban, 12000 miles, with Sirius, no navigation, no moon roof

Parking lot was empty, my name not on the board.
Should feel Lucky, I guess.
22 days for $1400, for which I was happy

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 7, 2017 at 10:55 am Reason: moved from free upgrade thread because there was no free upgrade here
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:13 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Night of 9/8
PC lot was full, not a single interesting car though
including
Pick your color Nissan SUV including rogue/pathfinder
pick your color Kia Sorento
a lone expendition that I originally took but later found out it's governed at 75mph.
a lone sonata hybrid and fusion hybrid se
nothing interesting at all.
premium upgrade was stocked with every type of Infiniti in the hertz fleet (qx30/60/70/80 q50/60/70)
originally had a gle350 at premium upgrade that I took as my base rate was $15/day so an extra $25/day would still be a steal, but the moment I took it somebody stopped me and said they accidentally parked it there so they need it back if I'll have to pay extra $80/day.
Asked the agent for something premium and was told I either have to pick something from the suvs or pay for an upgrade. They're very unwilling to work something or despite that they have an overflow of cars. Almost everything parked on the resered spots are something premium or luxury.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, United Premier, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Global Entry
9/9
PC
1 Mercedes GLl350 ( some one took )
1 2017 Nissan Armada
1 2017 2017 fully Nissan maxima (I took this Nice Car!)
8x 2017 Kia Niro pick
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I was here last Thursday(Sept 21st) early in the afternoon. Second time checking out Ultimate Choice after being very unimpressed with the initial roll out. Reason was the rates were over double w/ National for the one day.

PC had some full size cars and some small size SUVS. Crap.

The premier upgrade $25 PC area was completely empty.

Will stick to National unless I want to grab a Dream car... Worst I've seen in the Executive Select aisle is probably a CLA250/Audi A4. Actually probably a Cadillac CTS. And we are talking CANADIAN airports, where you'd be lucky to get a Chrysler 200 with Hertz lol.

Hertz still wins when it comes to dream car resos. Demand isn't very high(dream car lot at LAX was packed, there was even a G wagon)
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SKYEG
I was here last Thursday(Sept 21st) early in the afternoon. Second time checking out Ultimate Choice after being very unimpressed with the initial roll out. Reason was the rates were over double w/ National for the one day.

PC had some full size cars and some small size SUVS. Crap.

The premier upgrade $25 PC area was completely empty.
I was there the night before, and it was basically the same, although there were a few medium-size SUVs, plus one Nissan Maxima that I grabbed. The Upgrade area did have 2 Mercedes though.

Still, better than Five Star which was empty. I don't mean "had nothing good", I mean *empty*. Not a single car.

LAX is definitely turning into my least favorite of the UC locations, although the Maxima was actually better than I expected.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by docbert
I was there the night before, and it was basically the same, although there were a few medium-size SUVs, plus one Nissan Maxima that I grabbed. The Upgrade area did have 2 Mercedes though.

Still, better than Five Star which was empty. I don't mean "had nothing good", I mean *empty*. Not a single car.

LAX is definitely turning into my least favorite of the UC locations, although the Maxima was actually better than I expected.
UC is overall good IMO. However it really is turning into a huge guessing game. Literally no rhyme or reason. 3 times at SFO around same time over 4 weeks. PC status. Land at Wed/Thur around 7pm local time. One time multiple Infiniti Q50s and many SUVs. One time literally was 95% Fusion Hybrid and 2 Kia SUVs. Other time was assortment of F Cars, 1 300C and an Explorer XLT.

Others reported Camaros, Mercs and more. What is actually the decided factor on this? Toss out some nice cars from time to time to get the word out?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:45 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
LAX on Monday, October 3 and Tuesday, October 4 around 4 pm in the PC area has been downright pathetic both days. Especially today. There were a total of 12 vehicles and none in the upgrade area. Just one midsize SUV. Everything else was full size or smaller.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:56 pm

Programs: Hertz PC
So what did you get? And, what's everybody's strategy when you run into a situation like this? Cut your losses and get what's available, hang around hoping something nicer shows up, or ask an employee if they can work any magic (if they even have an influence on what gets placed where and when).
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:10 pm

I had a number of one full week reservations at Hertz LAX this week for about $105 w/ all taxes/fees (Hybrid AAA CDP reservation for $103.30 less $40 AAA PC). Day after day starting Sunday. I'm using it for moving some items so I didn't have to have it on a specific day. I live within 15 minutes of LAX so it's easy to drive by and see what is in President's Circle from Arbor Vitae without going on the lot. I am normally looking for the largest SUV I can get from President's Circle.

Sunday was full of cars about 3 pm but just two standard SUV's.
Monday around 3 pm hardly any vehicles but there was a minivan.
Tuesday, today, around 10 am there were at least 15 mostly Suburban's, Yukon's and one Navigator (plus plenty of other vehicles including Mustang convertibles...not totally packed with vehicles but close) in the President's Circle area. All had around 20K to 30K in mileage but were well maintained. I took one of the Yukon's.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:12 pm

I returned my vehicle from last Tuesday, Oct. 10 today at LAX around 10 am. I immediately rented another vehicle from the President's Circle area.

President's Circle was fairly full at 10:15 am. They were constantly bringing in vehicles while I was there checking out various SUV's in the aisles.
As I've stated previously, I'm always looking for the largest SUV.
This week, I had a choice of a Yukon, Expedition and Suburban. All had between 25K & 31K miles but all were very well maintained. I chose the Suburban. I an on another very low small (midsize) pickup truck (IPAR) rate.

Most of the vehicles in President's Circle were C-F but there were plenty of other SUV's of all kinds and a few minivans, too. It's been very warm recently so I saw no convertibles in PC, except Ultimate Series, today.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:27 am

I got an Audi A4 from the PC section a few weeks ago on a Friday morning. It was parked in a premier upgrade space, but they didn't charge me anything extra.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.