Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at LAX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2019, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
January 2021 Update, courtesy of CalItalian:

Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty are now permanently combined in the Hertz facility until the move in a couple of years to the under construction consolidated car rental facility/garage a mile to the west on the corner of Arbor Vitae and La Cienega.

Returns do not allow agents to check in cars and provide in-person receipts; it has to be emailed. Contracts will not be closed until the vehicle has been sanitized. Be sure to take a photo of your dashboard (fuel gauge/mileage) and any other photos of the vehicle before you leave it in case there are any issues.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Renting at LAX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:49 pm

PC Upgrade

Hi ladies & gents,

As a PC, we can upgrade for $25 daily. What are the upgrade options? Do they include some from the Prestige such as Range Rover?

I have read that we PCs could also go up to the counter and be very nice to the mgr and they might give us one of the Prestige for $25 upgrade. I read that but has anyone actually able to do that?

Thank you.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As a President's Circle member you are entitled to a free upgrade up to a maximum upgrade category of full size

There is no defined benefit for buying upgrades - if you want to lose the benefit of just being able to get in car and go, you could go and try to purchase an upgrade at whatever rate it is charging

Would seem much easier just to book the car desired up front
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:13 am

thx 4 responding. Yes, not trying to get the comp upgrade but want to survey our PCs in what was the BEST they got after paying $25 upgrade at LAX Hertz.

Also I prefer and love surprise, be adventurous, why book with certainty.

Last edited by george2; Jun 5, 2018 at 12:15 am Reason: p.s.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by george2
thx 4 responding. Yes, not trying to get the comp upgrade but want to survey our PCs in what was the BEST they got after paying $25 upgrade at LAX Hertz.

Also I prefer and love surprise, be adventurous, why book with certainty.
Book with certainty and you will know what the price is when you book and you wont be wasting time trying to see whether you can negotiate a rate better than you could have just booked up front. Biggest benefit of PC is not having to queue to speak to an agent and spend time at the location - just get in the car and go
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:29 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

The $25 upgrade charge applies specifically to vehicles that are in the Premium Upgrades section of the Ultimate Choice section. It generally does not apply to anything else on the lot or to anything else on the lot or to any vehicles that might be in the "Ultimate Series" section (which are negotiated on a case-by-case basis). You can always ask (nicely) if they will assign something to the Premium Upgrades area (or even the regular PC section), but this is far from guaranteed.

Most of the time, I usually just choose from the regular PC section. Often the vehicles selection there is pretty decent. It's rare that I find anything that much better in the upgrades section that I'd be willing to pay $25 extra per day for (plus taxes/fees of course).
Old Jun 5, 2018, 5:11 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by george2
...not trying to get the comp upgrade but want to survey our PCs in what was the BEST they got after paying $25 upgrade at LAX Hertz.
Hello, George2 and welcome to FlyerTalk!

Since your question is about the Hertz station at LAX, I've moved your question into the dedicated thread for this location. You may read previous posts in this thread to get an idea of what kinds of cars you may expect to see in the President's Circle section as well as the Premium Upgrades ($25) section.

FlyinHawaiian, Acting Moderator
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Forum
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by xienon
I can't remember the last time I saw a Q50 or QX70 (or anything Luxury and above) in the National Exec area. I rent a lot from EWR and I generally make both a Hertz and National reservation and find that Hertz PC actually has luxury cars whereas National is better if you want something bigger.
Last 3 Hertz rentals were Q60 3.0t, Jaguar XE, Land Rover Discovery Sport
Last 3 Hertz rentals were Ford Ecosport, Mazda CX5, Mustang Convertible
To each their own. I don't care about a luxury badge so much, I rather have a feature heavy car in good condition with low miles. I'll give Hertz a few more tries since it's the cheaper option for me, I was unimpressed mainly due to the condition of the cars. IME National has had a bit more variety on the Executive Selection, lower mileage cars, and the greeters have been more willing to pull something specific for me without additional charges.
bedeve likes this.

Last edited by tstad; Jun 5, 2018 at 10:04 am
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:53 am

thx AutoSlash
Old Jun 9, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
FYI, LAX location still is not charging the $7.50 per day (up to $37.50) airport concession fee (which was to replace the $10 flat per rental airport concession fee that ended on 12/31/17). No concession fee is currently being charged regardless of what your reservation says.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 4:39 pm

Good to know! Mine had it listed on the estimated, I’ll follow up after to see if I got charged.

LAX PC lot, got a Cadillac ATS last night at 7PM. No jaguars in sight yet. Also for some reason my PC status doesn’t show up for them until they dig deeper. Despite it showing on my hertz app. Is this because I’m under 25 with a USAA reservation (although I tie it to my hertz #) or is there something else wrong? Anyone else ever have this problem?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by PilotH
Good to know! Mine had it listed on the estimated, I’ll follow up after to see if I got charged.

LAX PC lot, got a Cadillac ATS last night at 7PM. No jaguars in sight yet. Also for some reason my PC status doesn’t show up for them until they dig deeper. Despite it showing on my hertz app. Is this because I’m under 25 with a USAA reservation (although I tie it to my hertz #) or is there something else wrong? Anyone else ever have this problem?
Don't know how Ultimate Choice changes it, but under-25s are generally not allowed to rent from the Dream, Prestige, or Adrenaline collections.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:11 pm

Hi Guys
Do Hertz have the new Facelift Mustag Gt at LAX
I have a booking for one the 24th of August for 5 weeks.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Does Hertz LAX have a lot of Escalades? Trying to book one but the website says it’s not available.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:43 pm

What are the Coupe options I can find at LAX with just regular PC and not upgrade?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 9:22 pm

This morning at about 11 am. PC lots have 1 Q60 (2K miles), 1 Q50, 1 Range Rover Discovery which was taken and seas of 300S. I am 24 and they don't allow me to take the Q60 although last month I drove out a Q50 at MDW's PC lots. So end up with a Toyota Avalon. So sad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.