Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at LAX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
January 2021 Update, courtesy of CalItalian:

Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty are now permanently combined in the Hertz facility until the move in a couple of years to the under construction consolidated car rental facility/garage a mile to the west on the corner of Arbor Vitae and La Cienega.

Returns do not allow agents to check in cars and provide in-person receipts; it has to be emailed. Contracts will not be closed until the vehicle has been sanitized. Be sure to take a photo of your dashboard (fuel gauge/mileage) and any other photos of the vehicle before you leave it in case there are any issues.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Renting at LAX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:06 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Hertz LAX
August 1st 2018

Booked FCAR, got the confirmation email to head straight to PC. So I walked right off the bus and to the PC aisles. They were well picked over at 930am on a Wednesday. A few fusions (my normal daily driver at home!), a few Malibus, a Nissan smaller SUV, and a grip of 300's - which I took to make it an upgrade to a LCAR. No Infinitiy's or other "luxury" options in PC, though they did have half a dozen in the "exotic" spots. For the freeway cruising I am doing this week, the 300 will do just fine. 8700 miles on it, with XM radio, and it still had new car smell. Bags in the trunk and I was rolling in less than 2 minutes. Folks at the checkout gate were lovely.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:11 pm

Hertz LAX
August 1st 2018

Booked FCAR, got the confirmation email to head straight to PC. So I walked right off the bus and to the PC aisles. They were well picked over at 930am on a Wednesday. A few fusions (my normal daily driver at home!), a few Malibus, a Nissan smaller SUV, and a grip of 300's - which I took to make it an upgrade to a LCAR. No Infinitiy's or other "luxury" options in PC, though they did have half a dozen in the "exotic" spots. For the freeway cruising I am doing this week, the 300 will do just fine. 8700 miles on it, with XM radio, and it still had new car smell. Bags in the trunk and I was rolling in less than 2 minutes. Folks at the checkout gate were lovely.

Slim pickings this morning

One of these ended up being my ride.
Alclayno likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 4:44 pm

Following up, when I returned the car from my trip the PC section was mostly 300ís and Nissan maximas. Saw a Ford Explorer and a few Fusions still.

Friday at 3:30pm
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:33 pm

I got fed up of the selection here for the summer season so i've booked a weeks rental from Burbank airport tonight. I doubt it will be be any better but SURELY it can't be worse? I might beg them to see if they'll let me keep my current CX-5.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: Hertz
Booked an L4 class last month. Had low expectations of a Nissan Pathfinder being allocated. On arrival had been allocated a Toyota Highlander....but an issue with the vehicle meant we had to ask for an alternative (assuming we'd then get a Pathfinder)...but just as speaking to the Gold agent in the yard another L4 was getting parked up a few spaces down and she said take that....which was a very nice Dodge Durango AWD GT spec with Sirius etc. Great engine on it.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, WOH Globalist, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Was doing some test bookings [MENTION=44658]LAX[/MENTION] and encountered this:

Has anyone seen or know what this looks like in person? I haven't been able to find any information of it online.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, MileagePlan Gold
Originally Posted by ELOW

Has anyone seen or know what this looks like in person? I haven't been able to find any information of it online.
Maybe something similar like the special edition Penske GT Mustang?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 2:41 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

That's an appealing option. It's $179.10 with my corporate rate. If I were going splurge, I'd probably pay $20 more for the 911.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite

It's Yellow with black stripes
Basically a Z06 with special emblems
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, WOH Globalist, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by LJ7006
It's Yellow with black stripes
Basically a Z06 with special emblems
You are sure this was a Z06? and not the standard Vette that they usually rent?
If it is a Z06 it might be worth renting probably not renting outright but if upgrade price is right.

Edit: looks like you were right? didn't notice it was listing 22mpg which matches the Z06. Standard one hwy lists 25mpg
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Question... I have a rental coming up at LAX. Am in PC and currently have an ICAH (E6) Hybrid reserved... will I still be able to select anything from the PC section if I don't want the hybrid since its still an Ixxx? Or am I better off dumping that and just reserving a midsize ICAR so I can use the PC area?

Last edited by rylan; Aug 13, 2018 at 8:49 am
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by rylan
Question... I have a rental coming up at LAX. Am in PC and currently have an ICAH (E6) Hybrid reserved... will I still be able to select anything from the PC section if I don't want the hybrid since its still an Ixxx? Or am I better off dumping that and just reserving a midsize ICAR so I can use the PC area?
The only cars that you won't be allowed to use Ultimate choice are Economy, Compact and Manager's Special.
All the other class reservation grants you the right to use ultimate choice.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:24 pm

Renting Luxury at LAX, What do you think i get and what can i maybe upgraed to for not so much more?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:02 pm

You'll almost certainly be given a Chrysler 300.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by mikejones84
Renting Luxury at LAX, What do you think i get and what can i maybe upgraed to for not so much more?
Originally Posted by Bjam99
You'll almost certainly be given a Chrysler 300.
[MENTION=747748]mikejones84[/MENTION] - If a Chrysler 300 works for you, and you have access to PC, you might as well just to a ICAR or FCAR reservation and grab one from PC and be on your way. They are a dime a dozen at LAX.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.