Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by skyscanner
No, it's not hubbub at all! It's the benefit 50% of members sign-up for with FC. If it does not get renewed, many of them will want their money back, and rightfully so. FC's very own existence is at stake here.
I'm referring to the "elite", gazillon dollar coin-in players allegedly complaining about "scab" players becoming Diamond because of FC, when in reality there are probably more DIAD and tournament Diamond players than Founderscard members.

But yes, Diamond is the premier perk and will hurt them if it changes drastically. I'm also guessing that the delay in news could possibly be tied into CET exiting the bankruptcy case.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by skyscanner
No, it's not hubbub at all! It's the benefit 50% of members sign-up for with FC. If it does not get renewed, many of them will want their money back, and rightfully so. FC's very own existence is at stake here.
So, I believe FC has like thousands (25,000 members +); where do you have the reference that 50% ONLY sign up for Caesars.

I do NOT believe that is true at all. Many *hate* gambling and gaming properties, and that would not be considered a benefit at all.

But, I'll stand corrected if you can show a source. Also, remember FC was around for quite a few years prior to the Caesars benefit.

Is it a nice benefit. Yes. Do the terms and conditions say it can change at any time. Yes. Is membership non-refundable per the terms and conditions you agree to when you join FC. Yes.

Not sure how people will get their money back. That's like asking for your money back when you don't plan on staying/using a NON-refundable hotel stay. Or a NON-refundable airline ticket. You agreed to the terms when you purchased.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:27 pm

I don't believe he was saying 50% ONLY sign up for FC to get Diamond, but that half the members redeem that perk (but I'm not him so I can't fully say that, haha). And if there are 25K members, and over 10K have redeemed that perk, that's 40%+. And even if you don't play, you can benefit from that perk, and that's why I think so many have redeemed it.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by NJKen
Has anyone signed up this month for the founders card and upgraded to diamond? If so what is your expiration date?

I'm looking to buy the card and this is the most important item to me. However I have a business trip this month for a week and am staying at a caesars property.
I would suggest waiting until they confirm the renewal. I have a contact there and she mentioned that they are having a hard time renegotiating the contract and that several of the batches they've sent to Caesars to be upgraded to Diamond in mid-December/January have not been upgraded since Caesars is refusing to do so.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold / Million miler
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Do the terms and conditions say it can change at any time. Yes. Is membership non-refundable per the terms and conditions you agree to when you join FC. Yes.

Not sure how people will get their money back. That's like asking for your money back when you don't plan on staying/using a NON-refundable hotel stay. Or a NON-refundable airline ticket. You agreed to the terms when you purchased.
Speaking only for myself - I joined SOLELY for the Total Rewards Diamond status. Nothing else FC offers interests me. I paid for two years. If the Diamond benefit goes away, I will had had it for less than two months; as opposed to the two full years I was expecting.

And if it goes away (and regardless of their terms and conditions) I will ask for a full refund from FoundersCard. If they refuse, my next step will be to talk to a class-action attorney; just to get his professional opinion on the situation.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by frequentflaya
I would suggest waiting until they confirm the renewal. I have a contact there and she mentioned that they are having a hard time renegotiating the contract and that several of the batches they've sent to Caesars to be upgraded to Diamond in mid-December/January have not been upgraded since Caesars is refusing to do so.
I have been suggesting the same to people.

I mentioned the same to a buddy, and he said that the FlyingClub "fast track" to VS Gold was also worth it to him. So, there are a lot of potential perks. It just depends on what is important to you. Everyone's situation is different.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by mileage junkie
Speaking only for myself - I joined SOLELY for the Total Rewards Diamond status. Nothing else FC offers interests me. I paid for two years. If the Diamond benefit goes away, I will had had it for less than two months; as opposed to the two full years I was expecting.

And if it goes away (and regardless of their terms and conditions) I will ask for a full refund from FoundersCard. If they refuse, my next step will be to talk to a class-action attorney; just to get his professional opinion on the situation.
When you signed up, it clearly states upgrade available through January 31, 2017. What grounds would you use to sue them?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by angiez628
When you signed up, it clearly states upgrade available through January 31, 2017. What grounds would you use to sue them?
I joined in November and applied for upgrade immediately. Was sent email saying my upgrade would be completed by Jan 15th at the latest. I have not been upgraded as of yet. Kinda irritating to me. I havent received what I signed up for or been given the upgrade thround jan 31, 2017 as program stated either. :-(
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Mike Valko
I joined in November and applied for upgrade immediately. Was sent email saying my upgrade would be completed by Jan 15th at the latest. I have not been upgraded as of yet. Kinda irritating to me. I havent received what I signed up for or been given the upgrade thround jan 31, 2017 as program stated either. :-(
FoundersCard is such a scam!
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Erik Mung
I have feeling they will be dropping the perk to Platinum instead of diamond. if they do that the benifit is not really worth it. since Plat only offers a few perks.
I get Platinum anyway (which is worthless), and I'm not interested in gambling enough for Diamond. If they drop this, I am definitely dropping Founders Club. I use a couple of other benefits, but this is the one that saves me quite a bit of actual $$. Without it, I can't justify keeping the card.

I have 2 friends who are on the fence about getting the card, waiting to see how this plays out.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 11:06 pm

I predict an announcement today. Semi-gut feeling.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Travis 72
I get Platinum anyway (which is worthless), and I'm not interested in gambling enough for Diamond. If they drop this, I am definitely dropping Founders Club. I use a couple of other benefits, but this is the one that saves me quite a bit of actual $$. Without it, I can't justify keeping the card.
I'm like you, I will also drop it. I will also likely move my play to Mlife for practical reasons.

I hold no anger towards Founders Card or Caesars for this. Founders Card is a networking club who offers it members group discounts. They never set out to be a hack for easy Diamond, it just happened to work out that way and they used it to their advantage. In the beginning of Founders they stuck to their principals and only accepted people with legitimate businesses who would benefit from a Networking Group. Their group events are valuable if your goal is to network with other business leaders and entrepreneurs. The fact that the business owners are a great target for the travel industry lead to the power to negotiate group benefits. Win/win here. There are still a great number of benefits for their target audience without Caesars. The fact that Diamond hackers will no longer get any value, is what it is.

The only instance where I see people have a right to be angry and get refunds are people who signed up in the last few months and didn't get an upgrade through January 2017.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:34 pm

hopefully today we find something out.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Erik Mung
hopefully today we find something out.
it won't be renewed, too many people requested the Diamond perk and they did not spend enough for CET to see the partnership with FC worth it.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Travis 72
I'm not interested in gambling enough for Diamond.
There are actually other ways to get diamond without gambling. Sometimes, what is right in front of you is NOT visible.

Originally Posted by Harry Lyme
I predict an announcement today. Semi-gut feeling.
I love "gut feelings."

Originally Posted by angiez628
There are still a great number of benefits for their target audience without Caesars. The fact that Diamond hackers will no longer get any value, is what it is.
Exactly. I've been asked this question over and over. People who say "but if I sign up for 2 years..." and my response has always been the same "no benefit is guaranteed." It seems, that even if you repeat it over and over people still get upset that benefits are not guaranteed. I've always encouraged folks to look at the big picture, overall benefits, risk/reward of joining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.