Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Fairmont Chase points cannot be redeemed directly for free night certs
The OP was not referring to hotel redemptions, but rather flight redemptions.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:30 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, FPC Premier, UA Silver, Hyatt Explorist, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by leonard016
A little known feature of Fairmont Rewards is the airfare redemption option. I am copying from the T&C (highlight is mine):

Travel
• You may redeem Fairmont Rewards for available airline tickets and car rentals through our toll-free travel redemption number 1-855-234-2538 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• You will be told the amount of any service fee, if applicable, before you book your airline ticket(s) through our toll-free number.
Redemptions may be made in 1 Fairmont Reward increments for each $0.0100 incremental ticket value. For example, 20,000 Fairmont Rewards can be redeemed for a $200 airline ticket.
• If you want to book a ticket with a value greater than the redemption value of your Fairmont Rewards, the additional amount must be paid for using your Card. Sufficient credit must be available for the transaction to be approved.
In addition, there may be bonus offers for a ticket with a “fixed” value, for a discounted number of Fairmont Rewards, available through our toll-free number, where permitted by law. Redemptions for this specific item have the service fee waived.
If you choose to book a ticket using the “fixed” ticket bonus option, and the actual ticket value is less, the number of Fairmont Rewards needed to redeem remains the same. For example, an offer to redeem 25,000 Fairmont Rewards for one roundtrip scheduled airline ticket valued at up to $335 will still require 25,000 Fairmont Rewards if the ticket you book is valued at $300.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Need some clarification about the annual free night based on $12K spend. If my anniversary is Aug 2015, but I complete the spend requirement in Dec 2014, when does the free night post?

Last edited by italdesign; Oct 23, 2014 at 11:15 am
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by italdesign
Need some clarification about the annual free night based on $12K spend. If my anniversary is Aug 2015, but I complete the spend requirement in Dec 2014, when does the free night post?
Per T&C:
Anniversary Bonus Night: If your net purchases total $12,000 or more Annually, on your Anniversary you will receive a certificate redeemable for one night’s stay. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. (“Annually” means the year beginning with your Enrollment Date through the first statement after the anniversary of your Enrollment Date.
“Anniversary” is the date that is twelve months after your Enrollment Date, and the same date each twelve months thereafter. “Enrollment Date” is the day on which we approve you as a Program member.)

So...You should get your Free Night Cert approximately two-three months AFTER your Enrollment/Anniversary date.
I enrolled April 9, received Certificate July 11 of the following year.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 7:36 am

Free nights for more than 2 persons per room?

Not sure if this has been asked. For the 2 free night certificates, can it be used to put 3 or 4 persons in a room? thanks.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Chister908
Not sure if this has been asked. For the 2 free night certificates, can it be used to put 3 or 4 persons in a room? thanks.
As long as the room you book allows it. I had four in my Kea Lani room.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Anyone else's points earned via the cc taking waaay longer than normal to post? I feel like I'm dealing with Amex MR points here... It's taking at least two statements for points to post. I received my points from the July statement in September, the August statement in October, etc... Normally, points post a couple days after the statement cuts on my other Chase co-brand cards. It's not a big deal, but I'm used to Chase posting more immediately than that, so I was just curious if others are experiencing the same delay with the Fairmont card.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:43 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
Originally Posted by orca1114
Anyone else's points earned via the cc taking waaay longer than normal to post?
This is only one data point ... but not for me. No changes.

And, I'm still interested in why the card is no longer offered via Chase's main page.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:15 pm

I am going to use my Chase Certificate at the Kea Lani. Should I use my suite upgrade at the time of reservation or at the check in?
Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by JCary
I am going to use my Chase Certificate at the Kea Lani. Should I use my suite upgrade at the time of reservation or at the check in?
Thanks.
I haven't been to that location, but I always use the suite upgrade at time of reservation, that way they'll reserve a suite. Generally there is only a certain type of "suite" that's eligible and it will not be the grandest in the house, that's for sure.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Thanks.
Kea Lani is an all suites property. So, you would be upgrading from suite classification you book to next level, if available. Use the upgrade at time of reservation, if possible. If not, try again at check in. Also, if you have no luck with Fairmont Resevations, try the actual Resevations desk at the Kea Lani.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 8:58 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Your certificate gets you a Fairmont room which is below even a garden view room so one suite upgrade certificate doesn't do too much for you.

I have heard that they might allow you to use two to get upgraded to a partial ocean view. YMMV....

Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Your certificate gets you a Fairmont room which is below even a garden view room so one suite upgrade certificate doesn't do too much for you.

I have heard that they might allow you to use two to get upgraded to a partial ocean view. YMMV....
They let me use two....to get to Garden View (Fairmont->Mountain->Garden). But we were eventually upgraded to a very nice Partial (full-on view but low floor).
Old Dec 5, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Thanks for Confirming!

Originally Posted by tjbrooks
They let me use two....to get to Garden View (Fairmont->Mountain->Garden). But we were eventually upgraded to a very nice Partial (full-on view but low floor).
Old Dec 6, 2014, 9:54 am

Has anybody got the the bonus from this card twice?
Contemplating trying again soon. Cancelled my last card in May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.