Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2017, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by solstys
Hi, my dining/spa certs expire 2/28 and I know I'll get new ones on 3/1. I have a stay at the Kea Lani, starting on 3/2. My question is, is there any way to use the 2/28 certs at the Kea Lani, either by calling the hotel and having them apply them to my account now or getting a gift card at my local Fairmont? I can go in person to my local Fairmont, if that helps. Otherwise, looks like I'll be having a lunch or 2 there.
Neither suggestion would work. You could call FPC politely asking for the certs to be extended by 3-4 days mentioning your upcoming stay, but obviously any exception would be at FPC's discretion.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, WN Companion
Just finished my first month as a cardmember - received my monthly CC statement, and on the same day, a nice card from Fairmont announcing that my free night certs would be in my FPC account. Excellent timing!

Except that they're not... at least not yet.

My FPC account IS updated as to status, current upgrade/dining certs, etc.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by betterbydesign
Just finished my first month as a cardmember - received my monthly CC statement, and on the same day, a nice card from Fairmont announcing that my free night certs would be in my FPC account. Excellent timing!

Except that they're not... at least not yet.

My FPC account IS updated as to status, current upgrade/dining certs, etc.
This is actually good news (to me, at least). Or to folks who are looking to have their FN cert expire as late as possible, so that there is a decent chance of booking for summer 2018, rather than summer 2017

Let us know when the FN cert finally post in your online account!
Old Feb 15, 2017, 7:50 pm

I received the card last week, nearly a week after it appeared online in my Chase account. Whoo! Rookie question: Can I book a six night stay as follows: Nights 1 & 2 paid, 3rd night free with certificate, 4th night free with Citi Prestige, 5th and 6th nights with signup certificates, using the suite upgrade for the entire stay?
Old Feb 15, 2017, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paradox
I received the card last week, nearly a week after it appeared online in my Chase account. Whoo! Rookie question: Can I book a six night stay as follows: Nights 1 & 2 paid, 3rd night free with certificate, 4th night free with Citi Prestige, 5th and 6th nights with signup certificates, using the suite upgrade for the entire stay?
No. The suite upgrade cert is valid for a maximum of five nights.

Also, the Citi Prestige card technically requires *paying* for at least three nights, so you may or may not get lucky being reimbursed.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:07 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Hi, my dining/spa certs expire 2/28 and I know I'll get new ones on 3/1. I have a stay at the Kea Lani, starting on 3/2. My question is, is there any way to use the 2/28 certs at the Kea Lani, either by calling the hotel and having them apply them to my account now or getting a gift card at my local Fairmont? I can go in person to my local Fairmont, if that helps. Otherwise, looks like I'll be having a lunch or 2 there.
Call the FPC line and have the reservation # in hand. With a firm reservation in hand they will extend them. Done this two years now.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Have you ever had issues using a free night cert anywhere?

As far as I know all Fairmont hotels (except for the Heritage Places) are required to accept free night certs regardless of what the hotel calls the lowest room category.

E.g. at the Fairmont Singapore the lowest room cateory is a "Deluxe room" and you can definitely use a free night cert at that roperty.
I've been having trouble booking at Hamburg using a free night cert. They have Fairmont rooms, but they only hold one person. I've been told that to book a room for 2, I need to use both the free night cert and also to use an upgrade cert. I assume HUCA might get a better result, but I ultimately decided to just hang on to the certs and instead use Hyatt points at the Park Hyatt.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lkar
I've been having trouble booking at Hamburg using a free night cert. They have Fairmont rooms, but they only hold one person. I've been told that to book a room for 2, I need to use both the free night cert and also to use an upgrade cert. I assume HUCA might get a better result, but I ultimately decided to just hang on to the certs and instead use Hyatt points at the Park Hyatt.
You're right, that property only allows one guest in its Fairmont rooms.

I'd argue that the FPC T&C entitle you to use a free night cert for room that can be occupied two guests. Since the hotel chooses to designate Fairmont rooms as "single rooms", I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect a free night cert to be applied towards a Deluxe room (the lowest room category permitting 2 guests)
Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
You're right, that property only allows one guest in its Fairmont rooms.

I'd argue that the FPC T&C entitle you to use a free night cert for room that can be occupied two guests. Since the hotel chooses to designate Fairmont rooms as "single rooms", I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect a free night cert to be applied towards a Deluxe room (the lowest room category permitting 2 guests)
That was my thought too, but I wasn't really up for the fight on it, so I just took the path of least resistance.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by ptownca
Call the FPC line and have the reservation # in hand. With a firm reservation in hand they will extend them. Done this two years now.
I didn't see this until now, but the advice is absolutely correct. I can confirm that I was able to extend them after giving them the reservation #. The first time I tried to extend them, FPC wouldn't allow it, but yesterday, I was able to do so.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I didn't see this until now, but the advice is absolutely correct. I can confirm that I was able to extend them after giving them the reservation #. The first time I tried to extend them, FPC wouldn't allow it, but yesterday, I was able to do so.
How far out are they willing to extend?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 5:07 pm

Still no Premier status after 5 weeks

Approved on 1/14, still no Premier status. Any data points on how long it's taken for people who applied during the rush?

FPC says they are backed up by 2 weeks telling me to wait until it's been 6 weeks and call back. Doesn't make any sense.

Also, received snail mail about 1.5 weeks ago saying free nights were added. Any recent data points on how long it took to see it on the account?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 5:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by noobiewildcat
Approved on 1/14, still no Premier status. ... received snail mail about 1.5 weeks ago saying free nights were added.
Sounds to me like Chase may have created a new account for you and all your benefits are going there.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:23 pm

Has anyone use the $25 dining certificate for happy hour or any non-breakfast meals outside of the regular lunch/dinner hours?

I know the terms said it is for lunch and dinner, but if the restaurant offers happy hour, or if I go eat my 'lunch' at 3:30 pm (i.e., outside of regular lunch hour, at a restaurant that is opened from 12 noon - 10 pm), then can you still apply the dining certificate?

Just asking bc I plan to go to the restaurant for a meal after a meeting, and the meeting could run over.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by gnomey
Has anyone use the $25 dining certificate for happy hour or any non-breakfast meals outside of the regular lunch/dinner hours?
I haven't tried it, but I can't imagine there would be a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.