Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Which miles and points blogs censor comments?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 24, 2013, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Beltway2A
First attempt at a wiki, so feel free to wiki away at it (add blogs, add links, etc, etc):

Censors:
Delta Points (Renés Points)
Frugal Travel Guy
Milesabound - censors himself on rants
milesforfamily
MileValue
Million Mile Secrets
Very Good Points
Point Me To The Plane
Flyertalk
Travel Blogger Buzz - (proof is TBBs own words here)
TravelSkills
The Points Guy
The Points of Life
GodSaveThePoints
One Mile at a Time

Does Not Censor:
First2Board
Fishing4Deals
Food, Wine, and Miles
Hack My Trip
Head for Points
Miles From Blighty
Miles To The Wild
Points Summary
The Points Jock - Bill of Rights +1
ThreadTripping
Traveling Well For Less
Wald Around The World
Will Run For Miles
Doctor of Credit
View From the Wing

Print Wikipost

Which miles and points blogs censor comments?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2013, 11:45 am

I have a blog called Will Run For Miles (www.WillRunForMiles.com).

I do not censor unless the post is spam.

The reason I delete bot spam is that they often has links, which, if opened, could do nasty numbers on people's computers, etc.

Kathy
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:20 pm

Nice plane, DP! ^
I need to get one of those cools symbols for my blog too.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: Southwest, United, Marriott
Originally Posted by Delta Points
I proudly censor comments on MY blog! - http://boardingarea.com/blogs/deltapoints/aboutme/

Readers are welcome to disagree with me and comment so on the blog but may not post foul language (The blog is PG-13!) , or launch personal attacks on me or other readers (I respect my readers)!

This policy is clearly stated on the blog for all to see on the blog. Sorry, you many not come and smoke in "my house" and expect me to put up with it!

BTW, Flyer Talk censors comments too (i.e. you can not say anything you want on FT either)!
I also choose not to read your blog due to the censorship and PG-13ness of it. It's your blog, do as you wish. I will do as I wish and not read it. ^
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
This thread has seemed to devolved into a bunch of bloggers with superiority and holier than thou attitudes trying to establish who has the higher moral ground. Geeeezzzzz.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 7:12 pm

Programs: A few
i just got censored on this f2b post

http://first2board.com/deals/the-us-...rld-mastercard

and i thought they weren't pimping cards?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh

http://first2board.com/deals/the-us-...rld-mastercard

and i thought they weren't pimping cards?
isn't that a first2deal one? separate sites?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:52 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by yerffej201
isn't that a first2deal one? separate sites?
They're pulling that content to the front page teasers.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by cruisr
This thread has seemed to devolved into a bunch of bloggers with superiority and holier than thou attitudes trying to establish who has the higher moral ground. Geeeezzzzz.
Not quite. More like a bunch of posters with superiority and holier than thou attitudes trying to establish they hold the higher moral ground over bloggers.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 8:19 pm

A commenter on TBB's blog posted that FTG deleted Gary's comment on his blog which had Gary's superior PointsHound referral link

I would prefer if someone else can confirm this happened, as if true, it would easily reach a new low in censoring. To the point where it might deserve it's own special section in the wiki
Old Jun 5, 2013, 8:24 pm

Programs: Starwood, US Airways/The New American
You were not censored.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by verygoodpoints
You were not censored.
So why was my comment not posted?
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
<edited by request>
DP has added this to the wiki. I would suggest this has nothing to do with which blogs censor comments, and would therefore respectfully request if he thinks this is important that he removes it and puts it in another thread. If anybody actually cares about this point, which they may well do, it can take it on it's own life there. But it does not change the fact that the DeltaPoints blog is one of the most heavily censored blogs in the market. While the author has attempted to suggest they only censor comments that are derogatory or spiteful or criticize the blog, they are known to have censored comments which merely point out that better offers than the ones posted on the blog are available, which one would think would be in the best interests of that blog's readers.
I see DeltaPoints has done a heavy amount of editing to the wiki here. That censoring seems to extend beyond his own blog...

I had added: [DeltaPoints] "does not like being called out on inaccurate info" and he deleted it.

Thankfully most people I talk to see right through the inaccurate information posted on that blog but I do feel bad for the DP readers who don't know any better and don't see when that 'helpful info' from DP has been challenged. Sad.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 6:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ladies and Gentlemen, Dear Kids,
this threads wikipost is being edited by all and sundry. While its certainly appreciated that members are embracing the new function so wholeheartedly, may I remind everyone to calm down and use their creative energy someplace else. There is a function available to the mod to lock down/freeze the wiki post, which I may make use of and only add entries using my mod powers. This would be a shame, especially in such an interesting topic.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR forum
Old Jun 6, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: Starwood, US Airways/The New American
So why was my comment not posted?
Your comment is there, and has been since about 8 hours after you left it. No one on first2board censors, but our configuration does require a 1st time commenter be approved before the comment is visible. This significantly reduces spam.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Ladies and Gentlemen, Dear Kids,
this threads wikipost is being edited by all and sundry. While its certainly appreciated that members are embracing the new function so wholeheartedly, may I remind everyone to calm down and use their creative energy someplace else. There is a function available to the mod to lock down/freeze the wiki post, which I may make use of and only add entries using my mod powers. This would be a shame, especially in such an interesting topic.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR forum
I appreciate it's a bit of a circus, but one has to appreciate the irony of the threat of censorship in a post about censorship

Originally Posted by verygoodpoints
Your comment is there, and has been since about 8 hours after you left it. No one on first2board censors, but our configuration does require a 1st time commenter be approved before the comment is visible. This significantly reduces spam.
Updated wiki, my apologies.

Maybe it will get answered too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.