Consolidated "Starbucks - games, promotions, devaluations, et al" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Starbucks - games, promotions, devaluations, et al" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by United747
The app was alerting me for the same reason. Except I have none expiring next month.
Same here. The app also sends me phantom notifications. I hardly use it anyway nowadays since it's so bad; I just use the Apple Wallet pass.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 2:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Segments
Just received an email reminding me that I have stars which expire February 1st. Nice that they remind you especially since there have been so many dashes which encouraged a decision to buy rather than redeem (or hoarding for good redemption values in my case)
The email was nice. Now I just need to venture out to a Starbucks. I tried to redeem my stars over the weekend, but that location (in a grocery store) didn't allow that option.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
I love the app. The rewards program is pretty solid. Starbucks is consistent and I like that.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 7:05 am

Did anyone participate in the Bingo challenge?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by kipper
Did anyone participate in the Bingo challenge?
I earned all 300 Stars.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Looks like star dashes don't extend the expiration date of your earned stars anymore. Or maybe they never were? Not sure.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by tmiw
Looks like star dashes don't extend the expiration date of your earned stars anymore. Or maybe they never were? Not sure.
I'm not sure they ever did. Every Star expires six months after earned, but I go to the Bux too often for expiration to matter anyway.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by emmanuel_t
I'm not sure they ever did. Every Star expires six months after earned, but I go to the Bux too often for expiration to matter anyway.
I tend to hoard mine and I haven't been in a while so that's probably why I got the "expires soon" email from them the other day. It'd be nice if they didn't expire as long as one was Gold.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:47 pm

I tend to hoard mine and I haven't been in a while so that's probably why I got the "expires soon" email from them the other day. It'd be nice if they didn't expire as long as one was Gold.
Ah. I generally use my rewards within a few weeks as an end-of-week treat, and usually on something comparatively simple when considering what many use their rewards for (Grande latte + almondmilk and extra shot).
Old Apr 9, 2017, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by emmanuel_t
I earned all 300 Stars.
So did I.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
If you use the app, you can always see your star expiration by month under the "History" option.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:01 pm

The app drives me crazy whenever I run into a Starbucks that doesn't have good cellular signal. The app loads extremely slow when all I need it to do is show the barcode.

I would use the card in my Apple Wallet, but have had trouble with it before. According to the partner helping me, it was a common occurrence so I've avoided it since.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by eeflyer
The app drives me crazy whenever I run into a Starbucks that doesn't have good cellular signal. The app loads extremely slow when all I need it to do is show the barcode.

I would use the card in my Apple Wallet, but have had trouble with it before. According to the partner helping me, it was a common occurrence so I've avoided it since.
Just pull up your card as if you were going to pay in store and take a screenshot of it. When you are in a Starbucks, just pull up the screenshot from your photos and use it to pay; you don't need cell service or wifi. Works exactly the same way as pulling it up 'live' from the app.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
Just pull up your card as if you were going to pay in store and take a screenshot of it. When you are in a Starbucks, just pull up the screenshot from your photos and use it to pay; you don't need cell service or wifi. Works exactly the same way as pulling it up 'live' from the app.
That's a great suggestion, I'll try it! It sounds so obvious now that you mention it
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Really not sure if this is an appropriate thread to post this, but as a fairly new Starbucks App user, thought it might be useful to others.

Promotion running now for any "green level" members. A single purchase from July 20 until July 31 will earn a year of gold status.

Jump straight to gold Level with a single purchase.
https://www.starbucks.com/promo/rewards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.