Wiki Posts
Search

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Thanks everyone. Great stuff. Tonight I had chicken noodle soup with two packs of crackers, a whole wheat roll, meatloaf with mashed potatoes, green beans and gravy and diet chocolate pudding. A fine vintage of diet ginger ale was the refreshing beverage to compliment the dinner.

Seriously, considering, it wasn't that bad. Meat loaf and mashed potatoes is a huge childhood comfort food for me so that was nice to have. No food or water for me starting at midnight and running until sometime tomorrow. So the vicariousness goes into overdrive.
If you're still in the hospital Saturday, I will be in New Orleans. No matter where I go or what I eat, I promise to make you salivate.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
Just finished off the leftovers from last nights dinner. A nice shrimp scampi, perfectly seasoned with cayenne pepper and fresh parsley and oregano, served over a bed of garlicky linguine.
Please let me join the others in wishing Gadget Freak a speedy recovery!
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:10 pm
Suspended

Breakfast: Coffee and warm bread rolls drenched in butter and honey straight from the oven of a 100 year old bakery in the village square.
Late afternoon : A smoked mackerel dip and deep-fried zucchini balls with more crusty bread rolls from the bakery.Two bottles of local red wine.
Dinner: baked mushrooms stuffed with three cheeses,garlic,onion and olive oil, grilled swordfish and oven-baked lamb wrapped in vine leaves with potatoes in a heavy oil and garlic sauce.Two more bottles of local red wine.
Galaktoboureko and expressos with some sort of cinammon shots.
Greek food never used to be this good !
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by Clint Bint
Breakfast: Coffee and warm bread rolls drenched in butter and honey straight from the oven of a 100 year old bakery in the village square.
Late afternoon : A smoked mackerel dip and deep-fried zucchini balls with more crusty bread rolls from the bakery.Two bottles of local red wine.
Dinner: baked mushrooms stuffed with three cheeses,garlic,onion and olive oil, grilled swordfish and oven-baked lamb wrapped in vine leaves with potatoes in a heavy oil and garlic sauce. Two more bottles of local red wine.
Galaktoboureko and expressos with some sort of cinammon shots.
Greek food never used to be this good !
I really have to go to Greece. But for the time being I'm glad I am out of surgery, out of recover and back in my room. They are letting me order food but I kept it pretty light. I ordered hard boiled eggs, wheat toast, chicken broth, chicken noodle soup and diet orange jello. I'll pretend it thinks like smoked mackerel dip

And thanks for the well wishes everyone.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by BamaVol
If you're still in the hospital Saturday, I will be in New Orleans. No matter where I go or what I eat, I promise to make you salivate.
I hope to be out by then but I will certainly be in foods deprivation mode. And NWO is a great food city. Looking forward to it.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by indianwells
Chicken escalope in a panko crumb, swede and carrot, garlic & rosemary crispy potatoes and a chicken gravy.

Beautiful. Panko is a great alternative to heavier frying batter. Thanks for posting those.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Some lovely vacation breakfasts:

1) Sausage link, egg, and cheddar on a sesame bagel

2) Lamb bacon omelet + home fries + brioche toast ...

... and a giant cinnamon roll

Last edited by silverthief2; Oct 16, 2015 at 6:29 pm
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Old Fashioneds,Apple Martinis,Margaritas,Long Island Iced Teas,Jack and Cokes,some sort of distilled grape shots and a couple of slices of pizza.
After days of great Greek food we just decided to go hell for leather on the booze.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Clint Bint
Old Fashioneds,Apple Martinis,Margaritas,Long Island Iced Teas,Jack and Cokes,some sort of distilled grape shots and a couple of slices of pizza.
After days of great Greek food we just decided to go hell for leather on the booze.
Similar to yesterday. I had chicken noodle soup, salad with mandarin orange sections, goat cheese, walnuts on greens with raspberry vinegrette; then meat loaf, mashed potatoes, green beans and gravy. Finished with diet orange jello and diet chocolate pudding. I can't drink unfortunately.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Similar to yesterday. I had chicken noodle soup, salad with mandarin orange sections, goat cheese, walnuts on greens with raspberry vinegrette; then meat loaf, mashed potatoes, green beans and gravy. Finished with diet orange jello and diet chocolate pudding. I can't drink unfortunately.
First time I've heard of goat cheese served on a hospital tray. Where are you, some clinic for Hollywood stars?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
First time I've heard of goat cheese served on a hospital tray. Where are you, some clinic for Hollywood stars?
^ Down here, that's fancy slop!
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:34 am

Not quite. North Shore of Long Island, pretty far west, close to Manhattan.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Mac and cheese
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Went to Raaga in Chapel Hill for an indian buffet lunch today. Goat curry, chicken tikka masala and plenty of naan.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:32 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Manhattan

Today was a really bad day to be my stomach...

-Indian buffet (can't get enough of the matar paneer; as if that wasn't bad enough, gulab jamun made an appearance.)
-A cheeseburger with prosciutto
-Cricket flour pb&j "protein bar"

but on the plus side
-Seven cups of Ito En green tea

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.