Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Two new Diners Club USA MasterCards. Applications suspended mid November 2014.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eajusa
Applications suspended 11.13.2014 for a "couple weeks".

Harris Bank is now accepting applications for two new consumer Diners Club MasterCards. There is no new account bonus or annual fee waiver. This thread discusses the cards benefits and rewards. Please click HERE to discuss the application process.

Premier $95 annual fee, $35 additional cards, EMV, No foreign transaction fee, Primary CDW, Airport lounge access, $1 = 1 point on all spending.

Elite $300 annual fee, $150 additional cards, EMV, No foreign transaction fees, Primary CDW, Trip Cancellation / Interruption reimbursement, Airport lounge access, $1 = 3 points for grocery stores, supermarkets, drug stores, pharmacies and automobile fuel service stations when you pay at the pump, $1 = 1 point otherwise.

Diners Club Rewards airline and hotel transfer partners are discussed in THIS thread.

Many of the card travel benefits are listed in the Promotions section of the website.

A form to request cards for Authorized Users is HERE.
A form to setup Automatic Payments is HERE.

Differences between the legacy Professional cards and the new Consumer cards:
  • Card type. Professional = charge card; Consumer = credit card
  • Foreign transaction fees. Professional 3%; Consumer 0.
  • CDW vehicle value cap. Professional = $75,000 (Diners) or $100,000 (Carte Blanche); Consumer = $50,000
  • Other insurance. On cursory examination there appears to be differences in the carriers and terms of the other coverages. The Consumer coverages may be a standard package arranged by MasterCard, while the Professional coverages may be inherited from Citi. Someone would need to read carefully side-by-side to find the differences.

Mint.com and PersonalCapital.com does NOT currently work with this card however I have confirmed that they will add it once they receive at least 5 requests to do so. So, for those that have the card and use these sites please send a support ticket asking them to add "Diners Club International" at the URL: https://www.bmoharriscreditcards.com...sumer/Login.do . ^

Between the Consumer (personal), Professional (legacy), and Corporate Cards there are a variety of contacts for various needs:

Cardmember Customer Service
1-800-2-DINERS (1-800-234-6377)
Outside the US: 1-514-877-1577

Internet Help Desk
1-877-263-5018 (Mon-Sun, 24 hours a day)

Club Rewards
Customer Contact Center: 1-800-234-4034 (Mon-Sun, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. ET)

TTY Service for Hearing Impaired Customers

Professional and Consumer Cardmembers: 1-866-889-0889
Corporate Cardmembers (US and Canada): 1-866-859-2089
Corporate Cardmembers (Outside North America): 1-800-976-6037

Corporate Client Services: 1-800-964-9444 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET)

Corporate Sales Group: 1-800-999-9093 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET)

Travel Management Companies
For inquiries and lead referrals please email [email protected]
or call 1-800-999-9093.

Payment Address

Diners Club Professional
P.O. Box 6012
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6012

Diners Club Commercial / Corporate
P.O. Box 5732
Carol Stream, IL 60197-5732

Diners Club Consumer
P.O. Box 6012
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6012

Overnight Payment Address
BancTec Inc.
2100 A Corporate Drive
Addison, IL 60101

Wire transfer payment information

Bank Name: BMO Harris Bank N.A.
Account #: 1982143000
Account Name: Diners Wire Payments
Address: 111 W. Monroe
Chicago, IL 60603
ABA: 071000288
Swift code: HATRUS44
Payable to: Harris/Diners Club (include name/account#)
Cutoff time is 2pm CT

Insurance - Inquiries and Claims
•MasterRental Coverage (Primary Collision Damage Waiver Coverage)
•Purchase Assurance and Extended Warranty
•Common Carrier Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits
•Hotel/motel Burglary Coverage
•Travel Assistance Services
•Travel Accident Insurance
•Flight Delay Coverage
•Baggage Delay Coverage
•Lost or Damaged Luggage Coverage
•Master Assist
(US): 1-800-MC-ASSIST (1-800-622-7747)
(Outside the US): 636-722-7111 (collect); or en Español: 1-800-633-4466

RoadAssist Roadside Services
1-877-764-3576
(Outside the US): 904-636-3647 (collect)

Collections
Professional: 1-888-551-4881 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET)
Corporate: 1-888-551-4667 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET)
Consumer: 1-888-551-4881 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET)
Print Wikipost

Two new Diners Club USA MasterCards. Applications suspended mid November 2014.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by ftomasze
Hmmmm, this ought to be interesting.

No way to pull payments...
BMO Harris shows up in BofA's checkfree-based bill pay system. So I think push ought to be ok.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
So the CSR forwarded my information to a supervisor and he/she should hopefully call me tomorrow. He had no idea why the option isn't there for me. I'll probably call back anyway because I don't really trust CS anywhere to follow up. Interesting note: apparently they use Western Union SpeedPay to handle online/phone payments.

Originally Posted by geclub1
BMO Harris shows up in BofA's checkfree-based bill pay system. So I think push ought to be ok.
Yeah I noticed this as well while I was on hold (I searched for "Diners Club" and not BMO).

BTW, I don't think it's check-free. I added Diners Club as a payee and BoA says "Delivered by: 10/14/2014".

EDIT: actually, maybe it is. We're past the cutoff to send it off today. So the payment will get initiated tomorrow (10th) if I were to pay now. Considering that it's Columbus Day on Monday, Tuesday would be the 14th, which does jive with check-free. Never mind.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Okay -- I can deal with push it really makes no difference to me.

Only thing, will we be sending payments to BMO or Diners Club?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by tmiw
So the CSR forwarded my information to a supervisor and he/she should hopefully call me tomorrow. He had no idea why the option isn't there for me. I'll probably call back anyway because I don't really trust CS anywhere to follow up. Interesting note: apparently they use Western Union SpeedPay to handle online/phone payments.

Yeah I noticed this as well while I was on hold (I searched for "Diners Club" and not BMO).

BTW, I don't think it's check-free. I added Diners Club as a payee and BoA says "Delivered by: 10/14/2014".

EDIT: actually, maybe it is. We're past the cutoff to send it off today. So the payment will get initiated tomorrow (10th) if I were to pay now. Considering that it's Columbus Day on Monday, Tuesday would be the 14th, which does jive with check-free. Never mind.
Would you post pictures of the front and back of the new Diner's Club card? I'm really curious to see what it looks like. If you don't want to, no worries.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by uklevi
Would you post pictures of the front and back of the new Diner's Club card? I'm really curious to see what it looks like. If you don't want to, no worries.
It's on the Diners Club page...looks nice.

If only it were metal like the CSP.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:57 am

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
There's an autopay enrollment form here:

https://www.dinersclubus.com/ca/docs...pplication.pdf
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by tarakcih
I applied for the Elite card tonight and got instant approval (around 8 apps in the past 6 months and 15 in the past year). Called them 5 minutes later and they were able to tell me that my credit line was $50,000 (which is much higher than any other credit card lines I have)!

This card is just sooo promising with the MS opportunities. In fact, I've calculated that starting at my home airport of DFW and using Diners Club's partners of Alaska and British Airways, I can book the following 5 award trips for under $1,000, including the $300 annual fee, MS costs and award taxes/fees:

1) DFW-YVR and back
2) DFW-CDG and MAD-DFW (or back from CDG/BCN etc)
3) DFW-HNL and back
4) DFW-GRU and GIG-DFW (or pretty much any South American city served by AA)
5) DFW-ANC and back

So 5 round-trips to France/Spain, South America, Hawaii, Canada and Alaska for under $1,000.

Or I could travel from Portland, Oregon to Vancouver, BC on Amtrak and back for $8-12 depending on the MS method.

Add in the Chip and PIN, no FTF, lounge access...if I had to keep only one card, this would be it.
I like the 3x on spend BUT i just don't see how the economics of this beat the Office Supply Chase Ink/Visa savings edge method. I would only use this card if i could no longer buy debit cards from office supply stores otherwise the economics don't seem to make sense.

Am i missing something here?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
I like the 3x on spend BUT i just don't see how the economics of this beat the Office Supply Chase Ink/Visa savings edge method. I would only use this card if i could no longer buy debit cards from office supply stores otherwise the economics don't seem to make sense.

Possibly. Alaska and no cap.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 2:30 pm

And that people are blacklisted by Chase...some of us don't have a better alternative.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 2:50 pm

\ i just don't see how the economics of this beat the Office Supply Chase Ink/Visa savings edge method. I would only use this card if i could no longer buy debit cards from office supply stores otherwise the economics don't seem to make sense.

Club Rewards points can be redeemed for miles on many more airline partners than UR:

Aeroplan
Alaska
BA
Thai
Hawaiian
Delta
El Al
Eva
Frontier
IcelandAir
SAS
South African
Southwest
Virgin Atlantic

In addition, Club Rewards rules allow you to redeem for miles into ANYONE'S frequent flyer account (except for BA and Frontier the last time I checked), not just spouse or family members. For me this has been huge, in the 20+ years I've had the legacy card easily 90% of my points have gone into into non-family member's FF accounts. Finally for as long as I can remember Diners has offered an annual opportunity to receive a percentage bonus when redeeming for BA (this past summer it was 30% I believe).
Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:08 pm

I don't have a business card so I am not 100% about the details of the Ink/Office Depot etc. method but I believe the $200 card costs $5.95 and you get 1,000 points for that $6. With Diner's club, buying a $500 gift card at Kroger's gets you 1,500 points for the same $6.

Also, Alaska allows you to add a free stopover to any American Airlines international trip; so you can do things like CDG-DFW (stopover for a few months)- HNL for 20,000 miles in low season. Alaskan policy is actually better than American's old policy when it used to allow stopovers: you don't need to stop over at an International Gateway city!

Oh and last but not least you can transfer points to Choice Hotels and Best Western at a pretty decent rate. This allows you to book a hotel at the center of virtually any big city in the world (and many many small towns in the US) for a maximum of $54 with Best Western and $66 with Choice Hotels even in peak season doing the $6 per $500 gift card route at Kroger. I am perfectly fine staying at these kinds of hotels.

So, yes, I believe you are missing quite a bit
Old Oct 10, 2014, 6:08 pm

Hmmm, maybe I should call. Got instant approval on 10/2 but have not got a PIN yet.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I didn't get a chance to call DC back today nor did they call me about the online billpay. I'm not worried though if BoA billpay causes my DC account to get credited quickly. I may call and ask about the PIN change though, even though in all likelihood I'd just end up setting it to be the same as my other PINs.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by tmiw
I didn't get a chance to call DC back today nor did they call me about the online billpay. I'm not worried though if BoA billpay causes my DC account to get credited quickly. I may call and ask about the PIN change though, even though in all likelihood I'd just end up setting it to be the same as my other PINs.
The online interface says online payments are coming Nov 6.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by tarakcih
I don't have a business card so I am not 100% about the details of the Ink/Office Depot etc. method but I believe the $200 card costs $5.95 and you get 1,000 points for that $6. With Diner's club, buying a $500 gift card at Kroger's gets you 1,500 points for the same $6.

Also, Alaska allows you to add a free stopover to any American Airlines international trip; so you can do things like CDG-DFW (stopover for a few months)- HNL for 20,000 miles in low season. Alaskan policy is actually better than American's old policy when it used to allow stopovers: you don't need to stop over at an International Gateway city!

Oh and last but not least you can transfer points to Choice Hotels and Best Western at a pretty decent rate. This allows you to book a hotel at the center of virtually any big city in the world (and many many small towns in the US) for a maximum of $54 with Best Western and $66 with Choice Hotels even in peak season doing the $6 per $500 gift card route at Kroger. I am perfectly fine staying at these kinds of hotels.

So, yes, I believe you are missing quite a bit

The beancounters at DC have no idea what kind of can of whoopass they opened up. Anyone who can do $20k+ in the bonus category can be awash with cheap alaskan, hyatt, etc.. points. I could fly first class just about anywhere for $250-500 in MS costs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.