Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new Delta Comfort+

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:20 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kishkash
Just a quick note that my Delta app updated today and my seat of 5A for PIT>JFK (bulkhead on CRJ900), formerly Economy Comfort, is now listed as "Main Cabin." In line with this, the seat map shows what used to be EC in the shade of blue that used to designate "Preferred" seating. Exit Rows are a very deep blue on the map.
I saw this too, but I thought EC used to be green? Now it's harder to distinguish C+

Last edited by JBJ2435; Mar 1, 2015 at 9:20 am Reason: Typo
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: DL MM, UA Global Services, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by JBJ2435
I saw this too, but I thought EC used to be green? Now it's harder to distinguish C+
It was, and I'm with you on this. I'm probably overlooking a reason why this seat isn't C+ under the new rules.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
It was, and I'm with you on this. I'm probably overlooking a reason why this seat isn't C+ under the new rules.
All of my C+ seats say "main cabin" so your fine.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Just a quick note that my Delta app updated today and my seat of 5A for PIT>JFK (bulkhead on CRJ900), formerly Economy Comfort, is now listed as "Main Cabin." In line with this, the seat map shows what used to be EC in the shade of blue that used to designate "Preferred" seating. Exit Rows are a very deep blue on the map.
This has happened to me and my wife (FO) a couple of times over the last month or so where I've had to refer to alternate seat charts on DL.c and seat guru to confirm EC. Maybe another all too often DL IT glitch.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JBJ2435
All of my C+ seats say "main cabin" so your fine.
If you look at the legend to the lower left you should see that the lighter blue are now the former green and labeled as comfort plus.....bad choice for color coding....
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by B7e7US
Delta has included SkyPriority boarding as one of the C+ benefits, but they make very clear that no other SkyPriority benefit is offered to C+ passengers. Does this mean they will print "SKYPRI" on the boarding zone, or still give Zone ?
Some people could try to use this to access the special security lanes at some airports if it says it on the ticket
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:28 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by airwaysjack
Some people could try to use this to access the special security lanes at some airports if it says it on the ticket
They could avoid this by only printing SkyPriority in the boarding zone just below the seat number, but not on top.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by B7e7US
They could avoid this by only printing SkyPriority in the boarding zone just below the seat number, but not on top.
You're optimistic about people being able and willing to read their boarding passes.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
The new Delta Comfort+

Just boarded my STL-MSP flight and, because of a SDC to get back to my wife and newborn earlier, I gave up the upgrade on the later flight for a C+ bulkhead. Here's a few notes on the experience. I hope others on longer flights will weigh in as well.

During the food and beverage announcement, the FAs noted economy had a choice of sodas and juice, or beer wine and liquor for a charge.
Fortunately, when it came time to do the service, C+ did in fact get free liquor.
The FA mixed the drink for me, and kept the liquor bottle.
As it's an under-900 mile flight, no C+ snack basket. But in Sky Magazine it lists goldfish and cliff bars as being in the C+ snack basket and brownie brittle for F.
They announced the free entertainment for passengers in F and C+ -- so for grins I tried it out. No dice. Don't know if because of the SDC it hadn't validated or what, but I'll be writing Delta to find out what went wrong.

Hope these notes are helpful to others.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Platinum New Name: KeepClimbingEd
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Just boarded my STL-MSP flight and, because of a SDC to get back to my wife and newborn earlier, I gave up the upgrade on the later flight for a C+ bulkhead. Here's a few notes on the experience. I hope others on longer flights will weigh in as well.

During the food and beverage announcement, the FAs noted economy had a choice of sodas and juice, or beer wine and liquor for a charge.
Fortunately, when it came time to do the service, C+ did in fact get free liquor.
The FA mixed the drink for me, and kept the liquor bottle.
As it's an under-900 mile flight, no C+ snack basket. But in Sky Magazine it lists goldfish and cliff bars as being in the C+ snack basket and brownie brittle for F.
They announced the free entertainment for passengers in F and C+ -- so for grins I tried it out. No dice. Don't know if because of the SDC it hadn't validated or what, but I'll be writing Delta to find out what went wrong.

Hope these notes are helpful to others.
How did you access the entertainment, via seat back/bulkhead monitor or personal device?

Did the FAs make a big deal out of Comfort+ in their announcements a la the "let's hear it for the Diamonds" trumpets?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KeepClimbingDick
How did you access the entertainment, via seat back/bulkhead monitor or personal device?

Did the FAs make a big deal out of Comfort+ in their announcements a la the "let's hear it for the Diamonds" trumpets?
Personal device. (iPad) You input your first and last name and seat and it attempts to check it with a database. For whatever reason, I did not match the database.

As for Comfort+, on this flight it was still being referred to as Economy Comfort. So draw your own conclusions on that. :-) (FWIW, it was Delta Connection.)
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You're optimistic about people being able and willing to read their boarding passes.
Agree.^
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles DM, Hertz President Circle, Enterprise Platinum, IHG, BW Diamond Select, AA EXP
Observation from the last row of F

I was on flight from ATL to MKE this noon. I was seated in row 4 of an MD, so I was curious how the C+ thing was going to go. When the FA & beverage carts went by and asked row 10 what they wanted to drink, the person in 10B asked for a beer and the FA asked for their credit card. But the guy next to him chimed in quick to say the Comfort+ should get "adult" beverages for free starting today, to which the FA said the 1st is tomorrow...then said no wait it is today LOL. I did not see any added snacks on the cart, but the flight is only 674 miles. Although we had the brownie brittle in the F basket. This MD did not have the new seat covers or "reserved for Comfort+ customers" on the overheads either.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Personal device. (iPad) You input your first and last name and seat and it attempts to check it with a database. For whatever reason, I did not match the database.
I've had that happen before. If you use the live support chat they'll probably just give you a coupon code to get your videos for free.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:41 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Comfort + for partners

For those with partner status (Skyteam, VS Flying Club, Flying Blue, etc) did the rules for choosing comfort + change as well? I couldn't find this information on delta.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.