Wiki Posts
Search

The new Delta Comfort+

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; SPG Gold
Economy+ Experience Yesterday

LAX-MSP in domestic 767-300. Seats had new covers and as a lowly Silver I managed to snag an Econ+ seat. They were piloting the new service in advance of the official March 1 date.

I have to say the enhanced snack basket and free drinks was a nice bonus.

c|d
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:28 am

I think free drinks are on 900+ mile flights only- can someone confirm?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
Enjoy premium snacks on longer flights and complimentary beer, wine and spirits on every flight.
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...d.html#comfort
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by torn66
I think free drinks are on 900+ mile flights only- can someone confirm?
Snack basket is plus 900
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
What was in the snack basket? Same as in first?
Were drinks offered only when the cart was out or would FAs come back in the aisle to offer more?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by vgb2001
What was in the snack basket? Same as in first?
Were drinks offered only when the cart was out or would FAs come back in the aisle to offer more?
See the actual FA informational sheet here:

http://deltapoints.boardingarea.com/...5/02/8NS6l.jpg

The First Class flight attendant (FL) is to help with second service for Comfort+ passengers. You are entitled to more than one service, if time allows.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
"FA's will not be asked to monitor overhead bin space".

So the designated bins for C+ are just as much a free-for-all as the 1st class bins.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ben and Jerry
"FA's will not be asked to monitor overhead bin space".

So the designated bins for C+ are just as much a free-for-all as the 1st class bins.
That's what jumped out to me as well. So the gate lice problem persists...
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: DL GM .75MM, HH D, IHG GE, Nat Ex, ePlus
Originally Posted by filmdave
That's what jumped out to me as well. So the gate lice problem persists...
This is not as much a gate lice problem as it is a lack of space issue. This past Tuesday I was on a 757 ATL-MCO. This plane was configured with the galley on both sides of 2L. C+ starts at row 19 on the right and row 21 on the left. Row 19 has literally no overhead space and of course no storage under seats in front of them. Row 20 has an overhead bin, but there is equipment in it and only a slot to put in one bag. Row 21 on the left also has equipment and room for two bags.

Unless they designate overhead space on these planes up to two rows behind C+ seats, it is not going to get any better.

I was also on a 737-900 on Tuesday. I boarded about 25-30 with Sky. Every overhead bin around row 10 which is the front of C+ on these planes was full. Had to stick my bag in the last open slot over FC.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
C+ gets Sky Priority, so one has a chance to board before the folks in the back. Doesn't help if you can't board right away (e.g., coming from a connection) but should help somewhat.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
I'm not surprised about the no monitoring of bin space. Boarding with Sky will help except it leaves two problems, one is people in Sky tend to put their bags up as soon as possible, so first row of C+ will end up not having any bin space, and it doesn't allow C+ people to board late and have bin space, but we can't really complain as F pax can't really board late and expect anything short of full bins either.

I'm on row 10 on the 737-900 with a tight connection so will try and fight the gate lice to get some bin space.

The other service standards look pretty nice, I'm looking forward to trying it soon (I'm usually a sucker for FCM but am on an eco award ticket so ponied up for C+).
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
This will be interesting to see how the clown in the first row BEHIND Comfort+ reacts when he wants something from the snack basket and the FA says no
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:41 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
[QUOTE=WheelsFirst;24425860]I'm not surprised about the no monitoring of bin space. Boarding with Sky will help except it leaves two problems, one is people in Sky tend to put their bags up as soon as possible, so first row of C+ will end up not having any bin space, and it doesn't allow C+ people to board late and have bin space, but we can't really complain as F pax can't really board late and expect anything short of full bins either.

My wife and I often try to get the bulkhead and are used to dealing with this problem. We check luggage but both have a computer bag and I have a CPAP machine. Therefore, we are guilty of trying to board right after FC in order to get space. On some flights I have found that the FA will keep the first bin open so that people in the bulkhead will have space. I have also seen the FA try and find space in FC, but I have seen them "scolded" by the lead FA.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
This will be interesting to see how the clown in the first row BEHIND Comfort+ reacts when he wants something from the snack basket and the FA says no
I'll be looking for that next week if we don't get upgraded.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
Originally Posted by cardood
LAX-MSP in domestic 767-300. Seats had new covers and as a lowly Silver I managed to snag an Econ+ seat. They were piloting the new service in advance of the official March 1 date.

I have to say the enhanced snack basket and free drinks was a nice bonus.

c|d
I was on this flight as well and happily surprised with the pilot. they came through the cabin for drinks twice and snacks twice. snacks were the basic F basket of bananas, Kit Kat, Milanos, some snack bars, Goldfish and Chips.

I would be willing to guess if you asked an FA nicely they would get you an additional drink in the middle of the flight, but thats more of a guess and totally a case-by-case basis.

Overall i was quite impressed and this really differentiates DL E+ againsts the other US Majors. if only they would add real power in all their planes in E+....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.