Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new Delta Comfort+

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by azeckel
IND-LAX this morning on 737-800 (still branded Economy Comfort). I wasn't paying attention to the "free booze" announcements, but I assume it was offered. Not many boozing early Monday morning...

Snack basket had bananas, mini clif bars, peanuts, pretzels, biscoff, and oatmeal breakfast cookies.

Definitely no markings for bin space. Didn't try the personal entertainment, but gogo sure was slow. Didn't Delta announce awhile back that all the inflight entertainment was free? For everyone? Or is that just for the in-seat devices?
Delta Studio has been free for economy plus for a while now. I don't remember how far back that happened but it has been at least a year.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Not GoGo WiFi but Delta Studio TV, movies, and music (some of which is free for everyone).
But don't think you can use an Android Phone or Tablet, because you can't. Delta has excluded all Android users from this benefit.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by HongKonger
What's wrong with the word stewardess? So long as steward is used for the males. Same as actor/actress.
Nothing if you ask me. KLM still uses steward/stewardess. Although I believe they also call them cabin attendants or cabin crew. But alas, our American society loves to fabricate ways to be offended.

http://www.klm.com/corporate/en/abou.../the-crew.html

Personally, I think steward or stewardess sounds more professional than flight attendant (which sounds about as vague as the job description of a "hall monitor"). But alas, I call them F/A's because everyone else does.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum
Did this just start very recently? I flew last Monday, 23rd, and it still seemed like normal Economy Comfort. I passed on EC on my flight back Thursday as only middle seats were left, but had I known there was a free cocktail I'd probably have made a different decision.

Man...between finding out I can board with 1st with DM and getting free alcohol in formerly EC, I'm a happy camper right now.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Got free booze today in EC, on ATl-BWI. Of course, that only happened after I informed the FA of the recent policy change! (She had to go check with the purser to make sure I wasn't full of it.)

Why doesn't DL do a better job of communicating major policy changes to to its staff??
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by HDQDD
Nothing if you ask me. KLM still uses steward/stewardess. Although I believe they also call them cabin attendants or cabin crew. But alas, our American society loves to fabricate ways to be offended.

http://www.klm.com/corporate/en/abou.../the-crew.html

Personally, I think steward or stewardess sounds more professional than flight attendant (which sounds about as vague as the job description of a "hall monitor"). But alas, I call them F/A's because everyone else does.
IMO the terms steward and stewardess suggest different duties, as traditionally defined by sex stereotypes. To me, steward has connotations of a wine steward, so I would expect that FA to serve beverages but not prepare or serve food and not remove trays.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by AKABrownBear
Did this just start very recently? I flew last Monday, 23rd, and it still seemed like normal Economy Comfort. I passed on EC on my flight back Thursday as only middle seats were left, but had I known there was a free cocktail I'd probably have made a different decision.

Man...between finding out I can board with 1st with DM and getting free alcohol in formerly EC, I'm a happy camper right now.
New service started March 1.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
I just had a C+ seat from MSP to LAX.
Free booze, good snacks, and free headphones. When they passed the first class basket, they actually put the cart between the last row of C+ and the main cabin.
The seats had the new covers and I did remind the FA that the booze was free when they attempted to charge the couple next to me. The FA was funny and offered to buy me a drink.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:16 pm

Not sure if I follow the FA/stewardess argument. So if people use the wrong job title, the staff gets surly and feels like they're entitled to be so? And people wonder why U.S. cabin crew have such a horrible reputation around the globe..
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by BenA
I think they did a broad replacement of "Main Cabin" into everywhere "Economy" was previously used on the site as part of the rebranding. I even see "main cabin" now in the advanced search page.

IIRC, even Economy Comfort showed as "Economy" for the fare class (since it's handled as a separate miscellaneous charge on top of the base fare for those who pay). I agree it's confusing and that the itinerary page should show that you have a confirmed C+ seat. I also really wish Delta would stop showing me upsell ads for better seating on itineraries I already have it on...
Agree that pre-3/1, it made sense to just have "Economy" everywhere since EC was sold as a seat assignment. But the new DL language makes vague the difference of distinguishing between C+/Main Cabin/Basic Economy vs. between Main Cabin/First/D1 - so switching to the new language is just about as confusing as this sentence.

Basically, both the intent and execution of this rebranding campaign doesn't seem completely thought through.

Originally Posted by HongKonger
What's the big deal with using "flight attendant" instead if that's what people in the profession currently call themselves and, for the most part, prefer? Nothing.

I find that the majority of people I encounter who are insistent on using steward/stewardess in particular are usually doing so to incite a reaction and prove that their worldly experience is vastly superior to damn kids these days. I say FA but I still don't understand what's wrong with steward/ess.
I'm probably more lax than others here that, for the most part, there's no ill intent meant when someone says steward/stewardess - though I understand that in some respects the connotation associated with the term can be different. For me, it's simply along the lines of if I meet someone named Robert and he wants me to call him Bob, I'm going to call him Bob out of basic respect for his preference (and the fact that it makes no difference to me). I wouldn't call him Robert just because I felt like that's what he should go by.

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
But don't think you can use an Android Phone or Tablet, because you can't. Delta has excluded all Android users from this benefit.
I use DL Studio on my Android tablet all the time, as do many of my coworkers (different devices, even). Actually got halfway through Monuments Men on my last flight and plan to finish it up on my flight this weekend.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Plat, National Executive
Originally Posted by gooselee
1. On seat maps, C+ seats now show as a light blue, vs. dark blue for the preferred/exit rows. Makes is really difficult to distinguish and I can't imagine why they didn't stick with the green.

This.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Economy+ Experience Yesterday

Saw the "enhanced" snack basket on MSP-SEA and LAX-KOA yesterday. Packaged muffins, Clif Bars, bananas, and standard snacks on first flight. Second flight no muffins, but Goldfish and Milano cookies. No free drinks offered. I cross-posted this but no only not offered, but told NO when we asked for comp drinks. He begrudgingly gave us each one when I pushed but the whole row in front of us paid for cocktails.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by curl
Saw the "enhanced" snack basket on MSP-SEA and LAX-KOA yesterday. Packaged muffins, Clif Bars, bananas, and standard snacks on first flight. Second flight no muffins, but Goldfish and Milano cookies. No free drinks offered. I cross-posted this but no only not offered, but told NO when we asked for comp drinks. He begrudgingly gave us each one when I pushed but the whole row in front of us paid for cocktails.
Report it. It isn't up to the FA to decide whether passengers in C+ seats should get the announced benefits of those seats, including free drinks (regardless of any beliefs the FA might have about drinking alcohol).
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by gooselee
Agree that pre-3/1, it made sense to just have "Economy" everywhere since EC was sold as a seat assignment. But the new DL language makes vague the difference of distinguishing between C+/Main Cabin/Basic Economy vs. between Main Cabin/First/D1 - so switching to the new language is just about as confusing as this sentence.

Basically, both the intent and execution of this rebranding campaign doesn't seem completely thought through.

I'm probably more lax than others here that, for the most part, there's no ill intent meant when someone says steward/stewardess - though I understand that in some respects the connotation associated with the term can be different. For me, it's simply along the lines of if I meet someone named Robert and he wants me to call him Bob, I'm going to call him Bob out of basic respect for his preference (and the fact that it makes no difference to me). I wouldn't call him Robert just because I felt like that's what he should go by.

I use DL Studio on my Android tablet all the time, as do many of my coworkers (different devices, even). Actually got halfway through Monuments Men on my last flight and plan to finish it up on my flight this weekend.
I used it on a Galaxy Tab and on a Xperia Tablet. No issues at all. There was one version of Android that was not supported, but I think they fixed it.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Time for this troll to be banned. Keeps posting the same incorrect info despite repeatedly being called out about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.