Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new Delta Comfort+

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: Delta gold, United silver
Oh no . . .

Losing EC selection at time of purchase is a huge blow to me. Anyone know if as a GM, I can upgrade traveling companions on the same record locator at the 72 hour point, as I can now do at time of purchase? My toddler is SM and still in a car seat. Losing the bulkhead seats we usually snag at purchase is a big inconvenience.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BenA
The terminology has evolved to acknowledge the changing job description of onboard service: while thirty years ago the job was focused more on serving food, beverage, and amenities to passengers, the modern job is first and foremost a flight safety role. The transition accelerated after 2001 when security became a greater job responsibility as well.

The transition from steward/stewardess (a term that evokes visions of ocean liners, or even a wine steward at a restaurant) to flight attendant or cabin attendant simply more accurately describes the new job role.

The transition to gender neutral language is a positive side effect as well, of course, acknowledging the increased diversity in the role in recent years.

But the changing job description is the main driver - particularly on a low fare airline that offers no cabin service, it doesn't make sense to call the onboard crew a steward or stewardess. It also is the term most people holding the job prefer, and it's respectful and appropriate to use the same terminology the employees and employer both use.
....and that's unfortunate. A major step back in aviation if you want my personal opinion.

Back on topic, I read somewhere that there was already a MD aircraft floating around the system with the updated seating.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold
Terminology?

Looking at the Delta experience comparison chart, I find descriptions of the product features between classes confusing.

For Refunds, Main Cabin, First, and D1 say "Check fare rules." Basic Economy says "Nonrefundable." C+ says "Nonrefundable for upgrades. Check fare rules."

What does that mean--that if I were upgraded to First and then looked for a refund, that I wouldn't be refunded for First, or not refunded at all (surely not)?

For Change fees, Main Cabin, First, and D1 say "Check fare rules." Basic Economy says "No changes permitted." C+ says "No changes permitted for upgrades. Check fare rules."

Would someone interpret, please?

Fly safely,
Waywardflf
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by waywardflf
Looking at the Delta experience comparison chart, I find descriptions of the product features between classes confusing.

For Refunds, Main Cabin, First, and D1 say "Check fare rules." Basic Economy says "Nonrefundable." C+ says "Nonrefundable for upgrades. Check fare rules."

What does that mean--that if I were upgraded to First and then looked for a refund, that I wouldn't be refunded for First, or not refunded at all (surely not)?

For Change fees, Main Cabin, First, and D1 say "Check fare rules." Basic Economy says "No changes permitted." C+ says "No changes permitted for upgrades. Check fare rules."

Would someone interpret, please?

Fly safely,
Waywardflf
I think DL means that DC/C+ seat fees are not refundable. Otherwise, refunds and change fees are determined by the original fare rules at the time of purchase. However, all E fares are totally nonchangeable and nonrefundable: fly the ticket as written or lose the entire cost of it.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:19 pm

Programs: Delta FO, Club Carlson Conceirge, HHonors Gold, IHG Gold
Long time lurker, first time poster...

Thought I would give you my experience with Comfort+. I flew MSP to MCI 3/1. As an FO I selected my seat the night before, with no reminder/indication that it was any different than any other time I changed from a premium seat to Economy Comfort (selected premium seat at booking, can't "refund" premium seats if selecting something different). I usually print off a boarding pass at the airport when I walk in the door, and was surprised to see that I was given SKY PRIORITY on my BP. I had read here about the enhancements to EC so I shrugged and walked to SKY to check my bag.
As a FO in MSP, I usually do not have access to SKY baggage check, but this was a nice benefit. My employer had paid for me to get TSA precheck, so I bypassed the longer than usual SKY security line and went through the metal detector.
At the gate, like reported here, FC and DM were asked to board together. SKY was called next. I sat window bulkhead on the 3 seat side of a MD-90, no one sat in the middle, and the isle pax was the last to board. Alcohol was offered, but there was no snack basket (393 miles).
Usually this flight has 2 sets of FAs serving drinks and pretzels, but this time a 3rd drink cart came from the front, with a single FA, who combined and stirred my cream and sugar with my coffee before handing it to me (typically given the cream and sugar to stir in myself). I didn't pay much attention to the remainder of the service because of my own blinding LED reading light above me in a darkened cabin.

Comfort+ really came off as a First Class "lite". It feels to really have positioned itself more in between FC and Coach, instead of just a Coach seat with more leg room.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Any reports on the wine DL is serving in EC/C+?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
I thought "nonrefundable for upgrades" meant if you paid for Comfort Plus and then got an upgrade to first you wouldn't get your comfort plus money back.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I just flew tonight in C+. Got free drinks and a snack basket. One thing I am notching is that the crew first comes through with regular beverage cart & standard peanuts/pretzels/biscoff, and then follows this with the snack basket. It seems strange to me to have two separate snack services in C+, so I would suggest that they combine them.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:50 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Nice C+ service yesterday OGG/LAX.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Bierjunge
I just checked out the prices for an upgrade to C+ and it's 97EUR (about 110 USD) for STR-ATL (I have no status with DL).

Can someone confirm that the prices increased compared to Economy Comfort? Do I get "more" in C+ than I would have got in EC or is it just a new name for the same services (a simple rebrand)?
C+ is the new name for EC. They also changed what you get: Sky Priority (boarding, Security Theater, etc.), free booze and snack basket.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:18 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Economy+ Experience Yesterday

We got the standard single serve Wente, not sure if that's the norm though.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by sethb
C+ is the new name for EC. They also changed what you get: Sky Priority (boarding, Security Theater, etc.), free booze and snack basket.
Will C+ give you really Sky Priority for Security etc.? The Delta Website shows the perk only for Boarding:

"Inclusive of boarding only. No other Sky Priority amenities apply."
Old Mar 3, 2015, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by gooselee
I use DL Studio on my Android tablet all the time, as do many of my coworkers (different devices, even). Actually got halfway through Monuments Men on my last flight and plan to finish it up on my flight this weekend.
Originally Posted by B7e7US
I used it on a Galaxy Tab and on a Xperia Tablet. No issues at all. There was one version of Android that was not supported, but I think they fixed it.
You might not plan on this working on your next flight. Both of my flights yesterday had Delta Studio BETA. For months it has worked fine on my Kindle and SG4, yesterday it did not and I got the unsupported device. The fact that they released a Beta version on to their planes is crazy. It is now back to only supporting apple devices.

I also didn't get a snack basket on either flight. Now I need to send another complaint for snacks.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by airplanegod

Back on topic, I read somewhere that there was already a MD aircraft floating around the system with the updated seating.
Yes -- I flew it on 2/28 from DCA to ATL. Seating said "Comfort +"
Old Mar 3, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum
Flew last night in the new Comfort+. Announcement didn't mention that there was free booze for our section so a lot of people by me tried to initially pay for it. The FAs knew about the change though and had everyone put their cards away if they tried to offer one. I definitely enjoyed my free Woodford.

Didn't see a snack basket, got the standard pretzels (this was also a 59 minute flight though). TBH I may have chosen pretzels anyways so didn't really bother me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.