Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2017, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you're curious or interested in the answer, you probably could volunteer for an experiment......
I'll volunteer. You didn't say which end of the experiment would be on. Thus of course i call dibs on being the person swinging the bottle.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Stubtify
I once tried to break one and could not do so hitting it against concrete. I had to take a hammer to it.
Think of the comic scenes that ensue when people try to "christen" a new ship by hitting it with a champagne bottle. It rarely breaks on the first attempt, especially when done by novices.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 6:40 pm

. It rarely breaks on the first attempt, especially when done by novices.
The ship or the bottle?
Cotumely likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:38 pm

Programs: DL DM MM
Mr. Hudek IV

Mr. Hudek the Fourth wins the DYKWIA award of 2017! I fly that route sometimes so I'm annoyed that a non-rev (non-employee non-rev, arrgh!) got upgraded over paying elites (seems like half the cabin boards at Prem or Sky).
Old Jul 9, 2017, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by LonghaulCommuter
Mr. Hudek the Fourth wins the DYKWIA award of 2017! I fly that route sometimes so I'm annoyed that a non-rev (non-employee non-rev, arrgh!) got upgraded over paying elites (seems like half the cabin boards at Prem or Sky).
Unless DMs who had instruments waiting to clear at the gate didn't clear and instead those seats went to non-revs, what is your complaint when an upgrade is not a published benefit on that route?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: Delta
Think of the comic scenes that ensue when people try to "christen" a new ship by hitting it with a champagne bottle. It rarely breaks on the first attempt, especially when done by novices.
I christen thee, The Flying Wasp.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by DeltaDunce
I christen thee, The Flying Wasp.
^
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by sundrop
Checking in at the Gainesville, Florida airport. If you've ever been here you know the airport is small.
Gainesville does not have a small airport. Gainesville does have a Greyhound bus station next to a runway.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Flaflyer
Gainesville does not have a small airport. Gainesville does have a Greyhound bus station next to a runway.
The Gainesville airport is positively gigantic compared to an airport such as this one, which I have been through on multiple separate occasions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden...gional_Airport
Old Jul 9, 2017, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
The Gainesville airport is positively gigantic compared to an airport such as this one, which I have been through on multiple separate occasions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden...gional_Airport
I'll see your GCK... and raise you a PDT (which I used to fly to several times per year), or even a PUW - when you realize that they are landing jets there without a tower.....
Old Jul 9, 2017, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
GCK's tower is closed for the morning departure and evening arrival with AA from what I recall.

The smallest airport I know of (depending on what metric you want to use) that receives regular passenger service is OLF: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._M._Clayton_Airport

Disclaimer: I have actually been through Wolf Point, Montana, although not involving fly into or out of the airport. The airport looks to be right-sized for the area.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
GCK's tower is closed for the morning departure and evening arrival with AA from what I recall.

The smallest airport I know of (depending on what metric you want to use) that receives regular passenger service is OLF: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._M._Clayton_Airport

Disclaimer: I have actually been through Wolf Point, Montana, although not involving fly into or out of the airport. The airport looks to be right-sized for the area.
Been through there also. Numerous times when ticketed from Grand Forks to Seattle or Portland on Amtrak.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:37 pm

had same q, how is that even possible?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
--------
Then you don't know how non-rev travel works. He wouldn't have gotten "upgraded" OVER paying elites. You're lumping two different groups of people together as regarding upgrade eligibility.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
How exactly did you ascertain this was the case, namely that paying elites were not upgraded and a non rev is? More specifically based on what would any elites have been entitled to an upgrade? Regardless, given that the person in question was a non-rev, i can authoritatively state that he did not get upgraded into D1.

Last edited by jspira; Jul 9, 2017 at 8:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.