Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2010, 8:41 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USirritated
Unless I can purchase and pack one of the airplanes on display at the museum, I ain't interested! @:-) ^
There is one attendee who would like to take a piece of the wrought iron fence that surrounds the world headquarters of Delta Air Lines and transport it on the flight home, as the fence includes the Delta Air Lines “widget” on each section.
Originally Posted by USirritated
If you just concentrate on always picking up a MEMENTO from every MOMENTOUS occasion or event you partake in, then when you become older, you will not have to worry about having a SENIOR MOMENT due to lack of MEMORIES of the occasions or events in which you partook!
(Just try saying that five times fast!)
“That five times fast”...

...or did you want for me to say “That that that that that”?

Either way, that should fulfill your request, but with regards to what you posted and I quoted, all I have to say is “amateur”:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I will not repeat about being repetitive in a repetitive manner because I would be repeating what I repeated about not repeating in a repetitive manner, unless you would like for me to repeat about repeating the repetition of repetitive repeating, in which case I repeat: I will not repeat about being repetitive in a repetitive manner because I would be repeating what I repeated about not repeating in a repetitive manner
I hate that you hate when I do that, but I really hate that you do not hate to use the word “hate” when hate is a strong word. If people would hate to hate instead of saying hate when hate is not apropos, the hate that people hate to hate would hate to be hated but would not hate to hate being hated by people who hate to hate the hate of hate.
!I have no comment about your no comment comment on my comment about no comment, so if you comment about no comment regarding my comment about no comment comments, I will not comment unless a comment pertaining to comments about no comment is necessary.
Read them carefully. They do make sense.

Can you tell we are going to have a great time at this event?

Anyway, amongst other things, back to organizing this event for me, as there is still a lot to do before October, including getting our dinner venues confirmed...
Old Jul 19, 2010, 8:42 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
there is still a lot to do before October, including getting our dinner venues confirmed...
Mmmmmmmm. Dinner.

David
Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:39 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Did someone say food?

We could use a wrought iron fence along the back of our patio. Does DL have any excess fencing?
Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:59 am

Programs: DL, AA
There is one attendee who would like to take a piece of the wrought iron fence that surrounds the world headquarters of Delta Air Lines and transport it on the flight home, as the fence includes the Delta Air Lines “widget” on each section.
I thought she wanted the gate?

Originally Posted by Italy98
We could use a wrought iron fence along the back of our patio. Does DL have any excess fencing?
Perhaps a suggestion for the Museum Store?
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by scoow
I thought she wanted the gate?
We are going to give one of our posters the gate? Isn't that a moderation matter which should not be discussed in public?
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
You do realize that zero times 420 is still equal to zero.
To tune a process, you need to adjust the bias as well as the gain.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 2:33 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Oy vey! And to think, I do not even like 420, it just seemed like an opportunity for a good yuck!
Old Jul 19, 2010, 2:53 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
420 is a lousy FICO score.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 2:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
420 is a lousy FICO score.
On the other hand, I was quite satisfied when I scored it on my IQ test.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster
On the other hand, I was quite satisfied when I scored it on my IQ test.
I didn't realize that IQ tests were that old.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:11 am

WBurcham How was your trip to CA?
Not sure. Let me get back to you when I remember....
Old Jul 20, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Not sure. Let me get back to you when I remember....
Drink much did we?
Old Jul 20, 2010, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Trivia Time

This thread was the pre-cursor to how the event evolved to what it is today.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Added myself to the waitlist today, hoping to clear!
Old Jul 20, 2010, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vuelos
Added myself to the waitlist today, hoping to clear!
Including you, we currently have 24 potential attendees on the waitlist.

This is not good news if you want to attend the events on Friday, October 22, 2010, as there is only one opening for the Operations Control Center. Otherwise, that day is completely full.

However, we currently have the following slots still open as of the time this was posted:

Delta Executive Engagement — 6 slots left open
Lunch Sponsored by Delta — 5 slots left open
Delta Heritage Museum — 11 slots left open
Delta Operations Control — 1 slot left open
Delta Technical Operation — Completely full with no slots open
ATL Fire Station Tours — 22 slots left open
Road Warrior Training I — 39 slots left open
Road Warrior Training II — 80 slots left open

As of now, anyone who is on the waitlist that wants to attend one or both Road Warrior Trainings will be able to attend them with no problem, while only the first 11 waitlisted people who want to attend the Delta Heritage Museum will have first choice.

We are still working on the number of attendees that can attend the dinners on all three nights, as we want for everyone to be able to attend. Please stay tuned...

Other venues are still in the planning stages and will be announced once confirmed.

Note — Those who are on the waitlist will still be required to pay the $95.00 registration fee once they are confirmed, as that covers the technology for www.atldo.com, printed materials, etc. even though some venues are now completely full.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.