Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
dumb question

On the current season of Top Chef, one of the contestents is the owner/chef of Prime Steakhouse. Is this our Prime in Atlanta/Buckhead/Lenox Mall?
Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:36 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
On the current season of Top Chef, one of the contestents is the owner/chef of Prime Steakhouse. Is this our Prime in Atlanta/Buckhead/Lenox Mall?
I do not know, but it should be easy to find out.

What is the name of the chef?
Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:48 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I do not know, but it should be easy to find out.

What is the name of the chef?
I don't know as I wasn't paying attention very closely and Top Chef frequently identifies people by only their first names. I just remember that he's 40, is black, and looks like a big guy. Also, he seems to be American and talks with a southern accent IMO. If I'm not confusing various participants, he's the one whose wife was killed in an auto accident years ago.

Maybe someone who's a fan of the show can recall his last name and home town as they were probably given in the first episode of the season. I think he's been eliminated so we're unlikely to get much information during future shows.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 1:10 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by atldlff
BTW... If you didn't provide your legal name, i.e. the name that appears on your Government issued ID (just like TSA), you will need to update your registration. Your Visitor Badge MUST match your ID for the FAA secure areas of the airport.
I updated the registration but have a question about the ID. The only government-issued ID I carry (a driver's license and a press card) is issued by the Israeli government. Both are written in Hebrew and English.

Will they suffice or do I have to carry my passport with me four four days? I am really not overly comfortable with that idea.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 5:11 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Uhh mmmmm...

Before anyone asks - I got this question several times last year, no we are not providing a "cross" reference list of First and Last name along with FT name to Delta. I will say, that even if we did, I personally don't see that as an issue. Delta knows my FT handle along with my real name, phone number, email, along with other details, and so far, they are still letting me on their planes, and do return my phone calls and emails.
I agree. DL officials have had my FT handle matched to my real life info for quite some time. I would even say there may have been some benefits, and there certainly has been no downside.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 5:44 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
No, he's "Currently the Chef and owner of Prime Steak House in Baltimore and Prime Steak House by Timothy Dean, which is slated to open this summer in Washington, DC."

http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/bio/timothy-dean

Prime in Atlanta just last month got a new Executive Chef, Dan Garner. Their former Executive Chef, John McGarry, has taken over the kitchen at Cantina -- another restaurant owned by Here to Serve.

Last edited by sc flier; Jul 22, 2010 at 6:05 am Reason: Added Atlanta restaurant chef status info
Old Jul 22, 2010, 5:47 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
BTW... If you didn't provide your legal name, i.e. the name that appears on your Government issued ID (just like TSA), you will need to update your registration. Your Visitor Badge MUST match your ID for the FAA secure areas of the airport.
Is this like TSA in a Secure Flight sense? Does this mean if our government ID includes our middle name that our registration also must include our middle name?
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by Dovster
I updated the registration but have a question about the ID. The only government-issued ID I carry (a driver's license and a press card) is issued by the Israeli government. Both are written in Hebrew and English.

Will they suffice or do I have to carry my passport with me four four days? I am really not overly comfortable with that idea.
I believe that your driver's license will be fine, assuming that your driver's license is a photo ID. I will double check and let you know if I find out differently. Given your reputation, you may be selected for additional screening... just sayin'. Of course, that is completely out of my control.

Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Is this like TSA in a Secure Flight sense? Does this mean if our government ID includes our middle name that our registration also must include our middle name?
There is a possibility that we might add a venue that will require us to pass through TSA airport security. So... I would suggest that everyone check and make sure that your name in your registration matches your Government issued photo ID in a Secure Flight sense including your middle name and then we won't have an issue down the road. If you want another name on your badge other than your "official" registered name, simply indicate that in the "Name as it would appear on the badge" field in you registration.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:07 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
I would suggest that everyone check and make sure that your name in your registration matches your Government issued photo ID in a Secure Flight sense including your middle name and then we won't have an issue down the road.
Could not remember password used when trying to check on name used and tried to reset it.

They have sent me three new passwords and none of them work when I try them. Any suggestions
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
They have sent me three new passwords and none of them work when I try them. Any suggestions
I think that passwords may be case-sensitive. I am almost certain that email address (username) is case-sensitive. Not sure if that might be related to your problem.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by sc flier
I think that passwords are case-sensitive. Not sure if that might be related to your problem.
new passwords sent were all numeric.....
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:34 am

new passwords sent were all numeric.....
I am almost certain that email address (username) is case-sensitive.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:40 am

I am almost certain that email address (username) is case-sensitive.
the password defaulted and is listed as I always use it. Even tried reentering it as well. It sent the passwords to my address with no issues. just a glitch somewhere or I need another cup of coffee.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:44 am

I added my middle name to my registration info, but I am not able to modify any name fields for my +1 other than the "Name on badge" field.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:59 am

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond

I have certainly been accused of being short of a lot of things, but I have never been short a knife.

We can certainly check and see if the Museum has any NWA silverware. Paging WesNSpace! What did they do with all that leftover flatware, it has to be somewhere ?!?

Glad to hear that in-flight can finally solve the mystery of that missing flatware! I am willing to bet you can keep that as gratis...
I was sitting in my office and I kept getting e-mails from the registration system telling me that people were updating their profiles. NOW I know why :-)

Good question the NWA flatware... I'll send an e-mail and let you know.

Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Make a note if your badge name if you are like me and go by your middle name.

Email me at [email protected] and I'll fix.

Could not remember password used when trying to check on name used and tried to reset it.

I added my middle name to my registration info, but I am not able to modify any name fields for my +1 other than the "Name on badge" field.
If you used their personal e-mail address they will have to use their account to modify the info.

Or you can e-mail me the changes at [email protected]

Last edited by Canarsie; Jul 22, 2010 at 9:49 am Reason: Consolidation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.