Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:17 pm

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by USirritated
I have the same question, the instructions until now have been a bit confusing. A clarification on the above would be most appreciated!

I'm going to take an un-official stab at this. We basically need your middle name if you have one. If you are like me and go by your middle name and don't want your first name on your badge... aka Joe Wes and I go by Wes you should put a note in the badge name field saying please use the middle name aka Wes.

Originally Posted by atldlff

No one has put in more effort or time. Thanks Wes!!
I have no life :-)

Originally Posted by sc flier
Either everyone is going to put in a couple nickels each for a beer, or Wes is going to be VERY drunk! WesNSpace, please bookmark the following link...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni/...-am-drunk.html
Now that was drunk. Ever since an old girlfriend knocked a beer over on my laptop when she was drunk I stay away from computers when drunk.

Originally Posted by Italy98
Wes - what is your favorite beverage of choice?
My dear friend I have yet to meet a drink that I didn't like.

Last edited by WesNSpace; Jul 22, 2010 at 11:08 pm
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
On the "Personal Information Screen" the First Name, Middle Name and Last Name fields are what needs to match your Gov't issued Photo ID.

The field "Name as it would appear on the badge" can be whatever name you would like to have on your event badge.

Hope that helps
Perfectly! Thanks, my registration now should be okay.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:40 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Exclamation Teaser Alert! Teaser Alert!

I received word from Delta Air Lines via telephone earlier today regarding the latest possible developments for this event.

They are so mind-boggling that atldlff will not stop sending me e-mail messages ever since I first told him. He is so excited that he is still sending me e-mail messages, even at this hour!

Please stay tuned...
Old Jul 23, 2010, 12:07 am

One more minor update from me tonight and I have to go to bed.

New Agenda Items are now posted in the registration area. Dinner events for Thursday, Friday and Saturday are now listed. Please update your registration to show if you wish to attend these events.

Museum and Executive Engagement times have been updated as well.

http://www.atldo.com/index.php/event...o-is-attending now shows everyone attending that has provided a FT Username INCLUDING Volunteers.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I received word from Delta Air Lines via telephone earlier today regarding the latest possible developments for this event.
Are they taking our suggestion, and creating a new two-letter designator to be added to our records and to the manifests:
Either RW, for Road Warrior Trained, or AB, for ABP, so the FA's know they can count on us and so Delta.com knows it doesn't have to pop up the question list every time we select an exit row.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 1:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Two questions:

1. Why does the registration form ask about our arrival/departure flights?

2. Which do you consider as my departure flight?

a. ATL-LAS immediately after the Do.
b. LAS-ATL-TLV a week later.
c. ATL-TLV only.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 7:37 am

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by Dovster
Two questions:

c. ATL-TLV only.
Just guessing:
1. To know when or if the Hilton should schedule extra shuttles. And, if your Thursday AM flight is seriously delayed, we might arrange to "come back" for you rather than you missing out on all the fun.

Either that or so you can figure out who else will be available to meet in the SkyClub.

2. Probably a. ATL-LAS. But feel free to list whichever you wish.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 7:40 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Why does the registration form ask about our arrival/departure flights?

Somewhat asked and answered already but you can be excused for not noticing this in the barrage of posts thus far in this thread:

Originally Posted by fgirard
Quick question: On the registration form, I left the arrival and departure information blank because I need to firm up those plans. What is the latest date in which that information needs to be in the system?
Originally Posted by WesNSpace
You can add that information all the way up to the day before the event. Basically we just want to make sure that if you don't show up we can check up on ya to make sure they didn't divert you to ANC instead of ATL.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by scoow
Just guessing:
1. To know when or if the Hilton should schedule extra shuttles. And, if your Thursday AM flight is seriously delayed, we might arrange to "come back" for you rather than you missing out on all the fun.

Either that or so you can figure out who else will be available to meet in the SkyClub.

2. Probably a. ATL-LAS. But feel free to list whichever you wish.
Close...

1. If you don't show up we want to check on you of course. We also need to know where to send your entourage to greet you and such. Don't be surprised if they have badges and latex gloves :-p

2. The flight that you leave ATL on.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 7:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
How disappointing!

I had hoped that Delta was going to surprise us by arranging for induction in the Mile High Club on one of the two flights.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 8:24 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I had hoped that Delta was going to surprise us by arranging for induction in the Mile High Club on one of the two flights.
Well if we told you now, it wouldn't be a surprise then would it?

David
Old Jul 23, 2010, 8:30 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Dinner events for Thursday, Friday and Saturday are now listed. Please update your registration to show if you wish to attend these events.

Thanks for the heads-up, WesNSpace!

Since this rather important comment could be easily overlooked, I've taken the liberty of bolding for other attendees who might have missed it.

I wouldn't have noticed it if it weren't for a mention in another thread referenced below:

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It is now possible to sign up for several of the (free) dinners (still listed as location and other details TBA) for the ATL DO. You can go back into your registration to do this. In fact, you might want to add your middle name if it's on your ID at the same time.

There's still no info on the non-RWT activities or sign-ups for this stuff on Saturday and Sunday, but I think times have been added for Thursday.

Some of our organizers were busy overnight and posted this in the the DO thread during the very early morning hours today.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 8:31 am

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Two questions:

c. ATL-TLV only.
1. We are just being busy-bodies. It is also so we can plan transportation logistics to and from the airport. I like the former explanation better.

2. For our planning purposes we need (a), but we will certainly pass along information (b) to Las Vega$ so that they can plan appropriately. I am sure they will want to induct you into something...

Originally Posted by Canarsie

They are so mind-boggling that atldlff will not stop sending me e-mail messages ever since I first told him. He is so excited that he is still sending me e-mail messages, even at this hour!

Please stay tuned...
In my best Sergeant Schultz voice, "I know NOTHING!"

Let me just say this...

Old Jul 23, 2010, 9:39 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Snip . . .

My dear friend I have yet to meet a drink that I didn't like.
Now I know what I do with this old bottle of fermented yak juice.

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Are they taking our suggestion, and creating a new two-letter designator to be added to our records and to the manifests:
Either RW, for Road Warrior Trained, or AB, for ABP, so the FA's know they can count on us and so Delta.com knows it doesn't have to pop up the question list every time we select an exit row.
+1 or maybe create an extra Priority Boarding Zone, before Zone 1, just for RWT attendees.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
In my best Sergeant Schultz voice, "I know NOTHING!"

Let me just say this...

Awesome, I always wanted to be a Revenue Protection Agent for a day ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.