Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2010, 4:53 am

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
Originally Posted by atldlff
I would agree. Given the fact that meals are included in the training, the staff, the equipment, etc., I think Delta is barely covering it's expenses. Chances are that some of these cost have gone up since last year, but they are holding the cost to those that are participating the same as last year.

Also, please keep in mind, that Delta and the SkyMiles team is our primary sponsor for this event. Canarise and I can absolutely tell everyone that the SkyMiles is not only providing incredible support behind the scenes, but they are putting significant resources and $$ into this event. They are also helping to secure our other corporate sponsors... more to come on that so stay tuned.

There are PLENTY of shopping opportunities at the Delta Heritage Museum store! If I recall correctly, I was told we set the record for single day sales at the store last year, and we had to use the "luggage storage" on the bus to store the large boxes that many people brought home from the Museum. I have no clue what was in those boxes Which reminds me, if there are specific items that people want to purchase, let us know in advance so we can help make sure there is enough merchandise on hand.
While I don't think you got a large "check" mersk862, if I recall correctly, you ALSO won Delta SkyMiles at last year's event.
Can't speak for everyone but I know myself and 3 or 4 others bought full boxes of discontinued amenity kits (headphones etc) as the price was only $10.00 a box (I think, it might have been $5.00 a box). I gave these out like candy at company and family functions all throughout the year and they were a hit!
Old Jul 18, 2010, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I will say that I am planning on packing a small duffle bag (that doesn't take up much room in my suitcase) this year for associated shopping sprees at the Delta Heritage Museum...
Old Jul 18, 2010, 9:50 am

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by Italy98
And just what might some of those 'specific items' be that would be of interest?
You can visit the Museum store website for more information on some of the items that are available. Be sure to click on the tabs Apparel, Books & Multimedia, Delta Collectibles, etc. There are some great airplane models, pins, posters, etc. it is actually a very extensive list!

If I recall correctly, the NW787-800 Plastic model completely sold out last year, as this is a model of a plane that will never actually appear in the NW Livery. A true collectors item.

Here is a small sample of some of the other items:

Any pin collectors out there?

How about these vintage items from in-flight:

You get the idea... check it out!
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:01 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
They are both discounting it & extending it for us, plus we might be the only beneficiaries ever of RWT II.
Road Warrior Training II is actually being designed by us in conjunction with Delta Air Lines.

We literally submitted our suggestions in person at our last meeting of what Road Warrior Training II could look like, and they not only liked the list of suggestions but also plan on adding to it.

We cannot wait to see what the final itinerary of Road Warrior Training II will look like so that we may post its details in this thread.

Road Warrior Training I was also custom-designed just for the attendees at the event last year as well as for this year. As one example, if I recall correctly, the water-ditching exercise was not supposed to be a part of the Road Warrior Training last year, but rather an advanced exercise.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:08 am

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver

LOVE IT!!!

And the amenity kits in bulk idea is a great one. Having a destination wedding and it would be a cute idea to send all our attendees a BE amenity kit (despite most will be flying coach) for their flights.

Yes, we're dorks - doing up passport style invitations and trying to put together an idea for engagement announcement / save the dates on boarding passes. Or maybe luggage tags. still mulling this one over...
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat

Any pin collectors out there?

Those pins bring back good memories from the Third Annual PBI-FLL Meet:

Originally Posted by Dovster
DL has adopted a "Keep Delta My Delta" program, designed to fight the takeover. Part of this includes staff members wearing buttons and wrist bands with this slogan.

In that thread, I said that if any of the DL powers that be are reading it, they can send me the buttons and I will give them out at the meet.

Yesterday, I received a PM from one of them telling me he will Fedex 20 buttons and 20 wrist bands.

I will be giving them out (I picked up my own button in TLV) and he would like to have a picture taken with us wearing them which can be distributed to DL employees.
My KDMD pin is still in my computer room and a prize momento.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Those pins bring back good memories from the Third Annual PBI-FLL Meet:

Did you know that the word is spelled memento and not momento?

That threw me off when I first realized it, and it still makes no sense to me.

By the way, one surprise I am revealing right now is that the person who created and launched the Keep Delta My Delta campaign confirmed that he will attend the event as a speaker, and attendees will get to meet him at the event if they have not already done so prior...
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Sadly, I had a box of my stuff that was stolen while I was moving last year. Amongst the things I lost was my Keep Delta My Delta pin - I will have to replace it at the DO this year. I had been keeping it on a bulletin board above my desk at home as a prized memento.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Yes, but I doubt that anyone will be rude enough to point that out to me. If he is, I may have to break his teeth (again).

By the way, one surprise I am revealing right now is that the person who created and launched the Keep Delta My Delta campaign confirmed that he will attend the event as a speaker, and attendees will get to meet him at the event if they have not already done so prior...
He is also the person who Fedexed the KDMD pins and wristbands to us.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by MemphisQueen
LOVE IT!!!

And the amenity kits in bulk idea is a great one. Having a destination wedding and it would be a cute idea to send all our attendees a BE amenity kit (despite most will be flying coach) for their flights.

Yes, we're dorks - doing up passport style invitations and trying to put together an idea for engagement announcement / save the dates on boarding passes. Or maybe luggage tags. still mulling this one over...
I was thinking of adding the "Best.Field.Trip.Ever." under this year's logo on the T-shirts.

Love the idea of the passport style invitations. I would put the "save the date" on the boarding pass, and send a custom luggage tag to anyone who is a ^ on the RSVP... just my 2 cents.

Speaking of custom luggage tags - wonder what we will come up with for the event this year?
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
It was a brief but significant momento in the history of Delta Airlines.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Speaking of Keep Delta My Delta, I still find it pretty neat that my name ended up on the KDMD website: http://web.archive.org/web/200705141...re_saying.aspx (under Frequent Flyers part...)
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Speaking of custom luggage tags - wonder what we will come up with for the event this year?
I will think about that one...
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:42 am

I will think about that one...
Whatever you come up with, I am sure it will be a true memento
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:45 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic

That threw me off when I first realized it, and it still makes no sense to me.
How do you remomber that it has to do with memory rather than a moment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.