Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP
I missed the window and am on the waitlist. Hurry up and cancel, people.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 10:10 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When I compare the two, it looks to me that the biggest difference is in the type (length) of the dash. The old (top) one has a 1/m-dash while the newer (bottom) one has a 1/n-dash. Thus, the shorter dash doesn't hit the boundary.
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Believe it or not, when I changed the typeface from Frutiger to Whitney, I did not change the length of the dash. However, I am thinking about lengthening it.
It was the space between the dash and the top of the frame which made me think the text had been shifted. Oh well, guess this means I need a stronger magnifying glass.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BobRoss
I missed the window and am on the waitlist. Hurry up and cancel, people.
I'll be cancelling my RWT2 spot. I'm just waiting because I want to see what the alternate Saturday activity is from RWT1. If it's a paid event, I don't want to have to pay again, so I'm just waiting.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 5:08 pm

Programs: One Star 'n Sky
I think both, RWT1 and RWT2 have plenty of slots left available.

The waitlist is for the dinners and other already scheduled activities.

Messieurs organizers:

why don't you open a separate registration for RWT1 and RWT2?

I suspect there are plenty of folks out there willing to fly to ATL for a day or two to attend one or both Road Warrior Training sessions.

Let's make our Delta some more money!

*\|/*
Old Jul 17, 2010, 6:41 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SomeGuy
I'll be cancelling my RWT2 spot. I'm just waiting because I want to see what the alternate Saturday activity is from RWT1. If it's a paid event, I don't want to have to pay again, so I'm just waiting.
The Road Warrior Training venues are the only venues for which payment is required.

All other venues are complimentary and included with your registration fee. While I cannot make any promises, we expect the venues on which we are still working to be complimentary as well.
Originally Posted by SkyVillager
Let's make our Delta some more money!
Because Delta Air Lines is offering Road Warrior Training at a 50% discount from their regular fee of $300.00, I do not know whether or not Delta Air Lines is actually profiting financially from these venues.

I would guess not.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 6:47 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Would it be advisable to those attending the ATL DO to bring a spare suitcase?
Old Jul 17, 2010, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Italy98
Why?

For what?!?
Old Jul 17, 2010, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Why?

For what?!?
No shopping sprees allowed this year at the Delta Heritage Museum store?

Or I take it there will be no giant checks for us to take home from said DO?

Old Jul 17, 2010, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by Italy98
Why?

For what?!?
The Delta Museum gift shop of course.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mersk862
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
The Delta Museum gift shop of course.
Bring two spare suitcases.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
I do not know whether or not Delta Air Lines is actually profiting financially from these venues.

I would guess not.
I would agree. Given the fact that meals are included in the training, the staff, the equipment, etc., I think Delta is barely covering it's expenses. Chances are that some of these cost have gone up since last year, but they are holding the cost to those that are participating the same as last year.

Also, please keep in mind, that Delta and the SkyMiles team is our primary sponsor for this event. Canarise and I can absolutely tell everyone that the SkyMiles is not only providing incredible support behind the scenes, but they are putting significant resources and $$ into this event. They are also helping to secure our other corporate sponsors... more to come on that so stay tuned.

Originally Posted by mersk862

Or I take it there will be no giant checks for us to take home from said DO?

There are PLENTY of shopping opportunities at the Delta Heritage Museum store! If I recall correctly, I was told we set the record for single day sales at the store last year, and we had to use the "luggage storage" on the bus to store the large boxes that many people brought home from the Museum. I have no clue what was in those boxes Which reminds me, if there are specific items that people want to purchase, let us know in advance so we can help make sure there is enough merchandise on hand.

While I don't think you got a large "check" mersk862, if I recall correctly, you ALSO won Delta SkyMiles at last year's event.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by atldlff
While I don't think you got a large "check" mersk862, if I recall correctly, you ALSO won Delta SkyMiles at last year's event.
I didn't hear the end of it from SkyTeam777 that I was always the one to get the miles at the DOs.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 9:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Because Delta Air Lines is offering Road Warrior Training at a 50% discount from their regular fee of $300.00, I do not know whether or not Delta Air Lines is actually profiting financially from these venues.

I would guess not.
I would guess that Delta's cost per person for the RWT drops sharply as the number of participants goes up. If they can get a full group, as opposed to a half group, it will be a much better deal for them.

As such, SkyVillager's idea that people be allowed to sign up for RWT only, and not have to pay the registration fee for the rest of the Do, might well be in Delta's best interest.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 10:00 pm

Why?

For what?!?
Short term memory going?

Originally Posted by atldlff
I would agree. Given the fact that meals are included in the training, the staff, the equipment, etc., I think Delta is barely covering it's expenses. Chances are that some of these cost have gone up since last year, but they are holding the cost to those that are participating the same as last year.

Also, please keep in mind, that Delta and the SkyMiles team is our primary sponsor for this event. Canarise and I can absolutely tell everyone that the SkyMiles is not only providing incredible support behind the scenes, but they are putting significant resources and $$ into this event. They are also helping to secure our other corporate sponsors... more to come on that so stay tuned.

There are PLENTY of shopping opportunities at the Delta Heritage Museum store! If I recall correctly, I was told we set the record for single day sales at the store last year, and we had to use the "luggage storage" on the bus to store the large boxes that many people brought home from the Museum. I have no clue what was in those boxes Which reminds me, if there are specific items that people want to purchase, let us know in advance so we can help make sure there is enough merchandise on hand.

And just what might some of those 'specific items' be that would be of interest?

Good night all, see everyone in the AM or what ever time it might be. =
Old Jul 17, 2010, 10:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
After the Do I will be going to Vegas for a week.

I will be lucky if I have anything left to put into hand luggage, much less two suitcases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.