US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:36 pm

Has anyone used this card in Europe with its chip n sign feature?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Why would you use it in Europe? It has a 3% forex fee.

I don't think it's chip and sign either. The chip is form RFID PayWave machines in the USA

Last edited by amolkold; Oct 16, 2012 at 4:20 pm
Old Oct 16, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by amolkold
Why would you use it in Europe? It has a 3% forex fee.

I don't think it's chip and sign either. The chip is form RFID PayWave machines in the USNN
The US Bank FlexPerks carries both contactless RFID/NFC and contact chip EMV:

https://www.usbank.com/splash/credit...wards-emv.html
Old Oct 16, 2012, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by kebosabi

Even then, I'd rather use a swipe card with no forex than a chip card with 3% forex.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kebosabi

Originally Posted by amolkold
Even then, I'd rather use a swipe card with no forex than a chip card with 3% forex.
+1. But if you have no chip card with 0% forex*, then it's nice to have a chip card as a backup when you hit one of those locations overseas where a swipe card won't work. On each of my last two European trips, there was exactly one place that took my chip card (in my case a Diners Club US card) and wouldn't take any of my swipe cards. In those particular situations, I still preferred using a card with 3% forex that earned me something useful rather than having to fish for cash (and maybe I didn't have the right change to begin with?). I did use my 0% forex swipe cards everywhere else (that took credit cards).

(*Chase Hyatt and now Chase Marriott Premier both are available with chips and both have 0% forex, and both have "net zero" annual fees. Though they might only make sense if you stay at those hotels at least occasionally.)
Old Oct 17, 2012, 6:00 pm

Chase BA also has a chip. And with a Charles Schwab checking account, I don't have to pay any ATM or ForEx fees to withdraw cash, so if I'm stuck in a train station that requires 50£, I'd rather go to an ATM and withdraw it than pay an extra 1.50£ on my credit card.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 9:29 pm

Thanks everyone for ur opinion.
I hv the Ink card with no transaction fee - but it has no chip.
I hv the US flex card with chip but 3% fee.
I figured for limited uses at toll booth, ticket machine n gasoline station, I'll pay the 3% fee instead trying to get another card and I can pay the rest with the INK card with no fee. And I'll be getting Charles Schwab with no atm fee for my cash.
I read the thread abt the Andrew FCU n I m not sure if I want to go thru the hassle since my usage is limited.
So my thots r if the Flex card can handle the toll booth, unmanned gas station n ticket machine, that shld be good.

* will be using Ual explorer card for car rental for the primary insurance that comes with the card.

Last edited by Keflyer; Oct 18, 2012 at 11:11 am Reason: add infor
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keflyer
So my thots r if the Flex card can handle the toll booth, unmanned gas station n ticket machine, that shld be good.
The Flex card is a chip-and-signature card, not a chip-and-PIN card. Thus it may not work in all unmanned machines/kiosks/etc that are set up for "offline" PIN verification. (It may work in some of them with either a dummy PIN such as 0000 or 9999 or your "cash withdrawal" PIN, but there are other machines which will require a PIN that's encoded into the chip and only a true "offline" chip & PIN card has that.)

Then again, there are some places in some countries that only accept local cards period, chip or not chip, offline PIN or no offline PIN. In those, no US-issued card will do any good (nor, necessarily a card issued even in just next country over!). Denmark is especially known for this, and I may have run into this a bit in Italy as well.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 9:46 pm

Ya I get what you mean. But I leave in 3.5 weeks - kinda last minute decision vacation. So just hv to deal with what I hv. Hopefully the Flex will come thru for me . Will make sure I hv always hv cash with me.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:49 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Calling non-toll free number from outside the USA

Hi - I'm in a bit of a bind because I need to contact customer service from outside the US but don't have my card with me that lists the phone numbers. Could someone please post the number for contacting customer service that is a non-toll free number? Or PM me if you prefer. I can't seem to use my US cell phone in Australia for calling a toll-free US number. There is a number for calling collect from outside the US on the back of the cards - please pass it along. Thx! I searched up and down their website and couldn't find it, and can't currently log in.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:05 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Bago'peanuts
Hi - I'm in a bit of a bind because I need to contact customer service from outside the US but don't have my card with me that lists the phone numbers.
(+1) 701.461.1552

Really surprised it's not on the website but I couldn't find it there either.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:07 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
(+1) 701.461.1552

Really surprised it's not on the website but I couldn't find it there either.
Many thanks!!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Keflyer
Has anyone used this card in Europe with its chip n sign feature?
I successfully used it in some places in Europe that required a chip card. Example: machines that sell bus and ferry tickets in Helsinki. I do try to use my no-foreign-transaction-fee Capital One card whenever I can over there but I like to have the chip card available when needed.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 3:12 pm

That's good to know. Like you, will use the no foreign-transaction fee card Ink card 1st. But definitely good to hv a chip n sign card with me just in case.

Originally Posted by Stripe
I successfully used it in some places in Europe that required a chip card. Example: machines that sell bus and ferry tickets in Helsinki. I do try to use my no-foreign-transaction-fee Capital One card whenever I can over there but I like to have the chip card available when needed.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:32 am

Bonus all received now!

Finally received the last of my Olympic bonus points on today's statement! (Of 33,150 points, received 17.5K on 1st statement, then 15,650 on my third statement!)

Time to take a trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.