US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2011, 4:20 pm

Did no tknow that.

Did not know that. Have one of their brances nearby, may check it out. Thanks for mentioning.

Originally Posted by ghlu
Not sure if this was ever mentioned. But if you are like me doing banking with US Bank and get their platinum package, you get 50% additional bonus with this card. This means for every $1 you spend you'll get 1.5 points, so potentially you get almost 3% back for ever $1.
Old May 31, 2011, 10:55 am

I just noticed that e-rewards can now be redeemed for Flexperks points.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 2:38 pm

Yesterday, I tried to redeem miles for travel and was pleasantly surprised to see that under Travelocity there was an option to search for flights, hotels, or vacation packages. Today, it is back to just flights. Does anybody have any insight?
Old Jun 7, 2011, 5:28 am

Anyone got anything for renewing the annual fee lately?
Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:11 am

Called yesterday to have the annual fees waived. The CS rep offered 3500 Perks points as well as a complete waiver of the annual fee. Needless to say, took both offers.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 9:31 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by snshahmd
Called yesterday to have the annual fees waived. The CS rep offered 3500 Perks points as well as a complete waiver of the annual fee. Needless to say, took both offers.
I called today, for both personal and biz Flexperks, asking to have the fees waived - was told it's not possible, and suggested I redeem 3,500 Flexpoints towards the annual fee instead.

Oh well, I'm milking these cards for much more than the annual fee, between the 3,500 Flexpoints for the BT cheques and the spend X get Y bonuses.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 3:10 pm

Sorry for asking a very naive question but since this thread is so long and even if I read from A to Z, still I am not sure if I will get my answer. Can anyone summarize in a nutshell the main benefits of this card. I know there are many die hard fans and someone will not mind.

Also for how long this card has been around and when was the last time some "enhancements" were seen. I have Citi Premier Elite card and with the passage of time, so much has changed over there.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Does anyone if the following is true?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16093242-post9.html

I don't see it anywhere on usbank's website.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:33 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I don't see it anywhere on usbank's website.
Try here:

http://www.flexperks.com/credit/prodTRsig.do#

Read both the Benefits and the Rewards tab.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 11:01 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by maulah
Sorry for asking a very naive question but since this thread is so long and even if I read from A to Z, still I am not sure if I will get my answer. Can anyone summarize in a nutshell the main benefits of this card. I know there are many die hard fans and someone will not mind.

Also for how long this card has been around and when was the last time some "enhancements" were seen. I have Citi Premier Elite card and with the passage of time, so much has changed over there.
While I don't know much about this card's program, one major pro to this card would be the addition of EMV and contactless into one single card, as reported from today's official press release.

$49 annual fee for a rewards card with mag-stripe, contactless, and EMV that even most $300+ annual fee cards don't have is a big plus. ^ It's like getting an cell phone that has a camera and internet connectivity for $49 while everyone else paying more for a cell phone that can only handle basic calling.

Downside is that this card doesn't waive forex fees for charges made internationally but YMMV.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 5:26 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
FlexPerk is true EMV and contactless too

A few people have wondered if FlexPerks will be true EMV. It is, and also has EMV compliant NFC, which means you can use the terminal where one just taps the card and enters the pin rather than inserting it.

http://www.nfctimes.com/news/us-bank...face-emv-cards

Last edited by jbcarioca; Jun 14, 2011 at 10:15 am
Old Jun 12, 2011, 5:07 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
Who is eligible to get the EMV cards? I'm interested.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 8:34 am
k2o

Programs: UA 1K, DL Dia.,AA Plat, Hilton Dia,Bonvoy T
Now if they offered this and waived the 2% foreign transaction fee...
So many Chase cards offer no f fee...

Does anyone know if the 2% foreign transaction fee would count towards being reimbursed as part of the travel reimbursement?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by k2o

Does anyone know if the 2% foreign transaction fee would count towards being reimbursed as part of the travel reimbursement?
Nope. I bought a C$75 Air Canada gift certificate last year to take advantage of the US$25 per ticket travel reimbursement on a redemption of Flexpoints toward 3 tickets Air Canada domestic. The charge including the foreign fee came to US$73.50 - they only credited US$71.36 according to my records.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by k2o

So long as the ball starts rolling, it won't be much longer until each institution starts ante-ing over rivals to woo in customers.

I wouldn't be surprised if US Bank starts a big advertisement campaign to lure in frustrated cardholders that lack a chip. If I were the marketing guy at US Bank, I’d definitely would do one that says “why pay $300-400 in annual fees for a rewards card when you can’t use it abroad when ours only cost $49 a year and it handles the mag-stripe, the chip, and the contactless feature all in one card?” I'd use the earn rewards+mag-stripe+chip+contactless feature of the US Bank FlexPerks card to its full advantage. Heck, they even sold me with just the news itself and I'm seriously planning to get one myself.

Once you see those ads popping up, it won't be much longer until others start jumping on the bandwagon to offer more incentives. In due time, I wouldn't be surprised if CapOne starts issuing their own chip cards that have no forex fees by the end of this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.