US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2011, 6:29 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by satman40
Flex is one to stay away from, the rewards are always a dollar short, and credit voucher 50% short.
It would be helpful if you could explain more fully.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 7:29 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
20,000 get you up to a $400 ticket, if the ticket is $200. then the full 20,000 points are gone.

That same ticket may be Internet priced at $69.00 and the flex tick points have a time limit.

Not full bucks..even AA had super saver rewards...

Now if you canceled the ticket it goes back to flex..

Correct me if I am wrong..or tell me a better way to get the most from the points.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 5:59 am

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
I've had some issues with denied charges because of their fraud department. The problem was concurrent charges in two cities (2 cards), something I had told them was going to happen. After 6 months that notice apparently fell of the radar and they started declining again. It's a nuisance but next time they pull this off again I'll take my business elsewhere.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 6:04 am
mia

...if the ticket is $200....That same ticket may be Internet priced at $69.00
Serious question: Why would anyone redeem rewards in any program for tickets which can be purchased for $200 or less?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:37 am

Expiration dates, and too many free miles.

Most of US like to get the best of a deal and do not take this thing personal,

Many miles are lost, by expiration, and a good saver has more money and miles than he needs...he also hate to see them go the waste..

Flex is not at the top for Flexibility, but them I am not pushing FLEX. just telling like it is for me, It was a card left over from NW days, other wise it would have been gone a long time ago..

I am open to having the value of this card explained, I do have a high credit limit on but see no value in using it., INK and SPG are my main cards at the moment.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 9:55 am
mia

Expiration dates...
I do not have a FlexPerks card, but my understanding is that the points expire after 5 years. The program launched in mid-2009 which suggests that this shouldn't be a concern for anyone until late 2013.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am open to having the value of this card explained, I do have a high credit limit on but see no value in using it., INK and SPG are my main cards at the moment.
I only use it to the point that bonuses work. They gave me a bonus of 3500 points for doing a low % rate 1-year BT ($1000 minimum I think). Then another few hundred bonus points for singing up for statements by email rather than snail mail. At this rate, I have about 4000 points without having ever used the card yet for a single purchase. (I had need of a BT, and the bonus simply made me use US Bank as opposed to someone else.) If I never earn anything again, I can still redeem for a gift card, not as good as the theoretical $400 flight, but few of the flights I've ever wanted to date have been just under $400 anyway, they tend to be either under $300 or over $400!

But the point is, if I only use it for bonuses (and thus only in situations where I couldn't have gotten anything nearly as good with another card), then even a gift card is better than nothing.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 8:07 pm

I've actually found this card to good for someone who
1) Wants to redeem for domestic travel
2) Is an elite.
3) will use the travel within 5 years.

You earn miles on your travel (including elite miles) and it equals 2% cash back.

If your idea of travel is miles for business elite to Europe, this is not your card.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 7:48 am

Yes you earn miles on your travel, but it is not the lowest purchase price.

20k gets you up to a $400 ticket not a bad deal, but that same ticket is web priced at $109.00, so almost $300 is lost.

That same 10k points get you a $50 coupon on some hotels.

All cards have good points, I just look for value when I pay a fee every year for a card.

The card was a hold over from NW days, someones trash is always someones treasure.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 9:22 am

20k gets you up to a $400 ticket not a bad deal, but that same ticket is web priced at $109.00, so almost $300 is lost.

The card was a hold over from NW days, someones trash is always someones treasure.
I like this trash.

Most of my flights booked with this retailed for about the same cost as any other site. LAX-KOA, LAX-BON. I've been happy with it alongside our Delta Amex, AA Citi, Chase United, etc.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 7:36 pm

I've been happy with it as well, and have not experienced what satman has.

The tickets are booked via a Travelocity booking engine that has fliced pirced in points required (rather than dollars). I have found that the points are in line with the cash value of the ticket.

Here's the key: I only book if I get close to the full value. For instance, I will only redeem 20,000 flexpoints if the value of the ticket is $350-400. If not, I'll just buy them myself. But if the points make it a good deal, I pull the trigger.

Example: I booked PIT-CDG (approx $750 if I were buying it myself), but I was able to use 40,000 Flexpoints, so it was a great deal. Plus, I earned 33,000 DL miles thanks to a promotion DL was running in PIT, and I got the $25 air allowance that I used to offset a price of a 30-day SkyClub membership. Not too shabby if you ask me, particularly because I on't pay an annual fee due to my spending levels on the card.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Yes you earn miles on your travel, but it is not the lowest purchase price.

That same 10k points get you a $50 coupon on some hotels.

All cards have good points, I just look for value when I pay a fee every year for a card.

I'll take it as treasure, so far. (at least 4% back (2% on air, redeem at around 2% more), plus the double point/mile dip when the card first converted, plus the constant promos for 500 points here, 1,000 there)

I don't know why you're getting such bad redemptions through flexperks. The MINIMUM you should be getting is $.01/pt, which would come out to a $100 gift card for hotels, not $50 for 10k flexpts.

As far as redeeming for flights, don't bother unless your flight cost is around the "magical" $400, $600, $800, etc. numbers. If you can get a flight for $109, why even bother going onto flexperks and search? That would be a non-starter for me.

If, however, you are noticing that flights that are in the $370s to $399 range are coming up on flexperks as 30k flexpoints, instead of 20k, you might want to change your search to multi-city and put in the exact itinerary on the exact dates you found on, let's say kayak or the regular travelocity engine.

I think the flexperks engine very specifically limits search results and you have to force out the more "inconvenient," yet cheaper routings from the search engine and the multi-city search can usually do it if you have at least one connection.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:12 pm

Here is a big plus for FLEX, I did change a reward, booked it as SW business, and got back the full amount,change , an AA change gets you a fee with miles,

Guess I'll keep FLEX for the last minute renss when miles are no good.

I do thank them for the miles return,
Old Mar 11, 2011, 1:15 pm

Another reason to keep the card

I am not a huge fan of this card, but have kept it for one purpose--for some reason, it gives me double points at Walmart!!
Old Mar 11, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by elcraig
for some reason, it gives me double points at Walmart!!

"Double FlexPoints earned on whichever you spend most on each monthly billing cycle: Gas, office supplies or airline purchases"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.