Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alliant CU VISA, 3% cash 1st yr, then 2.5% (Capped). Fee waived 1st year.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alliant CU VISA, 3% cash 1st yr, then 2.5% (Capped). Fee waived 1st year.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:18 am
bbd

Just signed up for an account, through donating $10 dollars.

I also got the checking, is there any money required in savings or checking to keep the account active. There is no fees as well correct?
Old Mar 16, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
After the first year, the USAA limitless is still a better deal.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by missing_link
My guess based on my experience with Alliant is that they will award cash back but that they will not abide by heavy MSing.
What are the odds this lasts longer than the Diner's Club cards from a couple years ago?
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:29 pm
bbd

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
Yeah but hard to become a member
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by bbd
Yeah but hard to become a member
True, but some people are eligible to become members without realizing it... They may have a great grandfather or someone who served, or a step parent who has served.

Once you get in, though, the card isn't difficult to obtain. Their internal score was a 670 and I was approved for 5k with 18 inquiries.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:26 pm

For people that already applied for this credit card (or their previous ones), did they ask you to submit pay stubs and/or employment verification letter? Some people report being asked, not sure if that's due to a certain range of income or other factors.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by NoonRadar
Has anyone done M$-ed with an Alliant card? How did it go?
I don't think they've ever had a card offering more than 1% before.

Is Alliant willing to dedicate resources to patrol M$ in general (hard to do without level 3 data, for in-store purchases anyhow) and how aggressive will they be towards our hobby in general?
My guess is they may be very aggressive because they are a conservative CU.

Even without L3 data they can for instance target & shut down ppl that do most of their spending online at GCM and/or GC. I guess we'll find out.
Yeah.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 12:40 pm
bbd

For people that already applied for this credit card (or their previous ones), did they ask you to submit pay stubs and/or employment verification letter? Some people report being asked, not sure if that's due to a certain range of income or other factors.

They did not ask for mine, but they declined me because of my i use some of my personal credit cards for my work so they get maxed out every month but get paid off in full.

So i have to pay them off in full and re apply they said.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: Marriott - Titanium, AA - Lifetime Gold
Getting an approval from these guys is like applying for a mortgage.
You go through the "Lending" department who review and document all aspects of your identity, credit, and income.
Need to provide pay stubs and ID documents regardless of credit score and other cards you may have.
These are Newbies in this field and they rely on their Mortgage model.
BUT, great card and cash back.....
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Duke5150
You go through the "Lending" department who review and document all aspects of your identity, credit, and income.
Need to provide pay stubs and ID documents regardless of credit score and other cards you may have.
I didn't have to submit any of that, they basically just asked the standard questions for any normal CC app. At the end of the call, after analyst said I was approved, she said I might need to submit an ID but then I got an email 30 mins later saying they had received all required documents. This was Wednesday of last week. Still waiting for the card to showup like a kid waiting for Christmas
Old Mar 23, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
Even before the first year my grandfathered Priceline 2x/5x is better than this, otherwise I'd just use Freedom Unlimited instead.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: Marriott - Titanium, AA - Lifetime Gold
I don't think you can beat this card for cash back.
It will be secondary to my Chase Sapphire Reserve for all items other than Dining and Travel.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 3:30 pm

Got my card in the mail today. Off to Simon!
Old Mar 24, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by Duke5150
Let's see what they think of all the MS
Old Mar 25, 2017, 7:36 am

Good catch. Many considered this an overseas alt Citi DoubleCash type, which it seems isn't.

Alliant seems to be overly caution and the a la carte type of bank. They seem to now want to make big waves with 2.5% cashback, which is aimed as competition for the big banks.
I think "foreign transaction currency charges" is different than "foreign transactions"... but probably should clarify with them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.