Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays Arrival/Arrival Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Thread closed. Click HERE to read the new thread.

Let's crowd source things that have counted towards travel redemptions that are not so obvious

Successful
  • NS Hispeed Train Tickets (nshispeed.com)
  • Capitaine Train Tickets (capitaine.com)
  • Eurostar Train Tickets (eurostar.com)
  • DB Bahn Trains Germany (bahn.de)
  • Super Shuttle (mixed, worked in SF when (billed SUPERSHUTTLE EXECUCARS), worked in Boston (SUPERSHUTTLE BOSTON), failed in LA (SUPERSHUTTLE)
  • rail europe on travelocity
  • New York City MTA Subway Cards
  • Boston MBTA Charlie Card reload & Commuter Rail passes & tickets
  • San Francisco Clipper Card public transit (autoload from website)
  • Norwegian Cruise Line purchase made from telephone order from vacationstogo.com
  • rail JR Rail in Japan, load as tourist attraction, call in to get it credit (Post#938)
  • Alaska Airlines checked baggage fee $25 charge
  • Southwest Early Bird Check-in (billed separately from airfare charges)
  • cheaptickets.com hotel
  • Amtrak train ticket >$25 (ALB-NYP)
  • Amtrak train ticket >$25 (unknown destinations)
  • Buying Lifemiles from Avianca
  • Primetime Shuttle (Worked from LAX-SNA)
  • Orbitz.com purchase
  • Priceline
  • Las Vegas Show Booked through hotel
  • Hotels.com
  • WMATA (Washington DC Metro) Weekly pass

Successful - Plus Only
  • Uber
  • NYC Taxi
  • Empire State Building tickets
  • SF Taxi (coded as "YELLOW CARD SERVICES I")

Unsuccessful (please mention the amount redeemed - important as anything under $25 cannot be reimbursed)

• Amtrak (possibly due <$25 charge)
  • IHG points and cash hotel redemption
  • www.b-europe.com (SNCB rail)
  • Description: ZERVE *CA WHALES Merchant Category: THEATRICAL PRODUCERS (EXCEPT MOTION PICTURES), TICKET AGENCIES...Tickets to whale watching tour purchased over the phone.
  • Car2go
  • Hostelbookers.com deposit (maybe the charge which is >$25 will count?)
  • Thello train (France-Italy night train, codes as rail-freight)
  • Trenitalia (both online and in stations, posts as rail-freight)
  • Brazil airline GOL booked online codes as DIRECT MARKETING/DIRECT MARKETERS--NOT ELESWH ..
  • Blue Water Rafting. Merchant category "Recreation Services -- Not elsewhere classified"
  • Parking at IAH (Houston Intercontinental - on airport) -$76 (PARKING LOTS AND GARAGES)
  • Parking at SNA (John Wayne Airport)
  • Skyjump at Stratosphere Hotel LV $150 (01/14) - not charged by hotel.
  • Gotobus.com Long Distance Buses, ~$100
  • Global Entry

Don't forget travel purchase needs to be > $25 charge for 2,500 mile redemption
Partial redemptions are possible - however you cannot redeem against that charge again. So if you have a $500 charge and you spend 40K points against it, you cannot redeem 10K points for the remaining $100 of that charge.
Print Wikipost

Barclays Arrival/Arrival Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2013, 6:10 am

I applied for the card this morning and received an application pending message. I had not applied for any other credit card since September of 2012. My FICO is above 800.

I phoned Barclays, spoke to an analyst, and was told that I had opened quite a few accounts recently. I then had to explain why I wanted another card. After a brief hold, I was approved.
Old May 23, 2013, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Data point:
Wife applied today & was instantly approved. She applied for & was approved for a CITI & an AMEX card 2/23/13. In 2012 she had 9 applications & 8 approvals. I was sure she was going to be declined for "too many recent apps." Score!!
Old May 28, 2013, 11:06 am

Ok Made some purchases, got points, etc etc- booked some travel on Expedia, used some points (credits) to cover that,no problem- I have since cancelled that Expedia res. now what? Does this change the points? Can't find an answer on the site..... Or does it just go forward from here-..... I don't know what to expect .... any advice?
Essentially it was xxx.xx paid for in credits...so I didn't pay any $$$-
Old May 31, 2013, 1:16 pm

Applied last week. After a few days, got the denial. Thanks to the department's limited hours, I only found time to call today.

Agent asked standard questions, including income and assets. After a long hold, they weren't comfortable extending more credit, but were fine with redistributing existing credit. took $5k from my newly opened Miles & More card and opened the Arrival card.

Worked out well.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: Show me the points!
signed up for this yesterday (Sunday), had a credit alert from Credit Karma today notifying me of a hard pull. ugh.

Approved though.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 12:40 pm

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Applied for both USAir MC and Arrival MC today. Instant approval for UsAir card (first application) and pending decision for Arrival card (second application). Has anyone had success getting approved for both on the same day?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Kpoxa
Applied for both USAir MC and Arrival MC today. Instant approval for UsAir card (first application) and pending decision for Arrival card (second application). Has anyone had success getting approved for both on the same day?
I was just approved for both a few days ago. Instant on 1st and had to explain why I wanted both. Also asked about 2 citi cards opened a few months ago, guess they didnt see that I also opened 3 others at same time.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by Kpoxa
I also applied for both and was rejected for both. It was my third USAirways card, though, and I apply often. I'm still trying to decide if I want to call them back.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: AA Gold, US Silver, Starwood Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by TTT103
I applied for the card this morning and received an application pending message. I had not applied for any other credit card since September of 2012. My FICO is above 800.

I phoned Barclays, spoke to an analyst, and was told that I had opened quite a few accounts recently. I then had to explain why I wanted another card. After a brief hold, I was approved.
Got the same pending message. What reason did you give for wanting a new card?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SW
Fyi, amusement parks do not count as travel, BGW, although coded correctly. Amex Blue Sky accounts them as travel; not saying it is a better card than Arrival. Just wanted to let others know where not to charge those types of merchants.

"MERCHANT CATEGORY: AMUSEMENT PARKS, CIRCUSES, CARNIVALS, FORTUNE TELLERS"
Old Jun 5, 2013, 10:54 am

Applied for the Arrival MC after being approved for another US Air card and got the 10day wait message.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:01 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by Superorb
Applied for the Arrival MC after being approved for another US Air card and got the 10day wait message.
I'm green with envy. I was denied for both. How many inquiries do you have in the last year?
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
I'm green with envy. I was denied for both. How many inquiries do you have in the last year?
8 new credit cards in the past 12 months, two were only 1 inquiry. I don't have any way to check inquiries for all 3 bureaus.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
8 new credit cards in the past 12 months, two were only 1 inquiry. I don't have any way to check inquiries for all 3 bureaus.

Better than my 12 inquiries. I'll try again in 3 months...
Old Jun 8, 2013, 9:48 pm

What, no fortune tellers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.