Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays Arrival/Arrival Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Thread closed. Click HERE to read the new thread.

Let's crowd source things that have counted towards travel redemptions that are not so obvious

Successful
  • NS Hispeed Train Tickets (nshispeed.com)
  • Capitaine Train Tickets (capitaine.com)
  • Eurostar Train Tickets (eurostar.com)
  • DB Bahn Trains Germany (bahn.de)
  • Super Shuttle (mixed, worked in SF when (billed SUPERSHUTTLE EXECUCARS), worked in Boston (SUPERSHUTTLE BOSTON), failed in LA (SUPERSHUTTLE)
  • rail europe on travelocity
  • New York City MTA Subway Cards
  • Boston MBTA Charlie Card reload & Commuter Rail passes & tickets
  • San Francisco Clipper Card public transit (autoload from website)
  • Norwegian Cruise Line purchase made from telephone order from vacationstogo.com
  • rail JR Rail in Japan, load as tourist attraction, call in to get it credit (Post#938)
  • Alaska Airlines checked baggage fee $25 charge
  • Southwest Early Bird Check-in (billed separately from airfare charges)
  • cheaptickets.com hotel
  • Amtrak train ticket >$25 (ALB-NYP)
  • Amtrak train ticket >$25 (unknown destinations)
  • Buying Lifemiles from Avianca
  • Primetime Shuttle (Worked from LAX-SNA)
  • Orbitz.com purchase
  • Priceline
  • Las Vegas Show Booked through hotel
  • Hotels.com
  • WMATA (Washington DC Metro) Weekly pass

Successful - Plus Only
  • Uber
  • NYC Taxi
  • Empire State Building tickets
  • SF Taxi (coded as "YELLOW CARD SERVICES I")

Unsuccessful (please mention the amount redeemed - important as anything under $25 cannot be reimbursed)

• Amtrak (possibly due <$25 charge)
  • IHG points and cash hotel redemption
  • www.b-europe.com (SNCB rail)
  • Description: ZERVE *CA WHALES Merchant Category: THEATRICAL PRODUCERS (EXCEPT MOTION PICTURES), TICKET AGENCIES...Tickets to whale watching tour purchased over the phone.
  • Car2go
  • Hostelbookers.com deposit (maybe the charge which is >$25 will count?)
  • Thello train (France-Italy night train, codes as rail-freight)
  • Trenitalia (both online and in stations, posts as rail-freight)
  • Brazil airline GOL booked online codes as DIRECT MARKETING/DIRECT MARKETERS--NOT ELESWH ..
  • Blue Water Rafting. Merchant category "Recreation Services -- Not elsewhere classified"
  • Parking at IAH (Houston Intercontinental - on airport) -$76 (PARKING LOTS AND GARAGES)
  • Parking at SNA (John Wayne Airport)
  • Skyjump at Stratosphere Hotel LV $150 (01/14) - not charged by hotel.
  • Gotobus.com Long Distance Buses, ~$100
  • Global Entry

Don't forget travel purchase needs to be > $25 charge for 2,500 mile redemption
Partial redemptions are possible - however you cannot redeem against that charge again. So if you have a $500 charge and you spend 40K points against it, you cannot redeem 10K points for the remaining $100 of that charge.
Print Wikipost

Barclays Arrival/Arrival Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2013, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
You really should do research into a program before you apply...
thank you. I have, but I still have some questions....and though I looked at the site when I set up the card, I didn't see a clear path to redeeming them, ala SWA or whatever. That is a simple 'have points,buy tickets' type of redeeming. Or Amex, which was a simple'have points, buy things' type of redeeming. Are there any good links to read for a thorogh explanation? Just figured I'd toss it out here......thanks and I will keep reading on my own,I promise...
Old Apr 15, 2013, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by hsmama
thank you. I have, but I still have some questions....and though I looked at the site when I set up the card, I didn't see a clear path to redeeming them, ala SWA or whatever. That is a simple 'have points,buy tickets' type of redeeming. Or Amex, which was a simple'have points, buy things' type of redeeming. Are there any good links to read for a thorogh explanation? Just figured I'd toss it out here......thanks and I will keep reading on my own,I promise...
http://thepointsguy.com/2013/04/deta...ption-options/
Old Apr 15, 2013, 1:45 pm

thanks for the link!
Old Apr 20, 2013, 8:35 pm

How long does it take to get the Arrival card in the mail? I got instant approved 3 business days ago.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 1:29 am

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by rdnrvn
How long does it take to get the Arrival card in the mail? I got instant approved 3 business days ago.
I got approved 4/14 and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. I think they said 7-10 days, I guess I should have done the expedited shipping.

Update: Approved 4/14, received card 4/22.

Last edited by texasguy77; Apr 23, 2013 at 11:45 pm Reason: Update Post
Old Apr 21, 2013, 6:09 am

I got mine after about a week
Old Apr 21, 2013, 8:59 am

Thanks for the responses. Will wait patiently
Old Apr 21, 2013, 4:08 pm

Before I pull the trigger on this one, I assume that it's OK to apply your miles on this card towards expensive purchases where you're not fully reimbursed? For instance, if I buy a $500 ticket it will let me apply 40,000 points ($400) towards that, correct?
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by scottytheoneandonly
are points from this card transferrable? could I transfer points to my skymiles acct?
No.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 2:47 pm

Barclays Arrival Card

How often can you apply for Barclays credit cards? I just applied for a US Air MC about two weeks ago, how long should I wait to apply for the Arrival card?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by Mirage777
How often can you apply for Barclays credit cards? I just applied for a US Air MC about two weeks ago, how long should I wait to apply for the Arrival card?
Barclays is all over the map, and seems to have been tightening up on apps.

My advice - If you have few other recent apps you might be ok, otherwise I would wait until you have paid your first statement on the USAir.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:05 pm

Some of my data points...

Applied 4/11. Approved same day after recon. Received 4/18. Met spending requirement 4/19. Points posted today, 4/23.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
If you have previous Barclays cards, I find that doing charges every so often on them increases the chances of getting an approval on a later card to be better. This is from experience of handling apps for myself + 2 others with similar scores.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:11 pm

Looking for guidance on how to handle a Barclay's reconsideration call. Most recent attempt of mine was not successful.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:31 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by Dynastar
Before I pull the trigger on this one, I assume that it's OK to apply your miles on this card towards expensive purchases where you're not fully reimbursed? For instance, if I buy a $500 ticket it will let me apply 40,000 points ($400) towards that, correct?
Yes, that's what I was told by Barclays. Final spend purchase posted today, which included a travel related purchase >$400. I checked and it's giving me the choice to apply $400 or less toward the charge. I notice that you have to redeem in 2500 point increments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.