Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Us FTers never say die! I'm Canadian, but I get as many CCs down here as I want. Don't give up so quickly--you've gotta think outside the box. That's what many FTers are great for--thinking creatively.

But really, the Canadian CC market is lucrative. Not as much so as down here, but an excellent supplement to the US market. It's definitely something you would want to look into if I were u. As someone who has been double dipping for years, I'm telling you it's definitely worth it!
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Regarding two-browser-method:

The pulls are merged at the same agency only if the agency can't tell them apart enough to be sure they aren't duplicates. Is that really the case with a personal and a biz pull from Chase? At Citi, it didn't work with personal vs biz, and it also didn't work for AA vs a personal card of a "different-enough type" at Citi (Citi super-compartmentalizes it's different affinity cards). I can't remember whether it was AA vs TYP or AA vs HH or what combinations that didn't get merged, while 2xAA did get merged and 2xHH did get merged.
When they pull the same agency, YES. So does AMEX.

Just that Citi has different entities for business and personal, does not mean other banks operate the same way. HH is completely on its own - whether it is the HP or the website log in. AA is the same as all other Citi cards.

OTOH, Chase does not always pull from the same agency. On top of that, Chase can pull TWICE on same application - one each from 2 different agencies. This happens to yours truly for the last 2 years, as well as to some FTers reported here or privately, just FYI.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:22 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by Preacher7
Us FTers never say die! I'm Canadian, but I get as many CCs down here as I want. Don't give up so quickly--you've gotta think outside the box. That's what many FTers are great for--thinking creatively.

But really, the Canadian CC market is lucrative. Not as much so as down here, but an excellent supplement to the US market. It's definitely something you would want to look into if I were u. As someone who has been double dipping for years, I'm telling you it's definitely worth it!
while that maybe the case, thanks for heads up once again, I gotta say: your posts make it sound like you're a Canadian who obv had a SIN and moved down to the US where you currently reside and have obtained an SSN due to obv reasons.

how exactly would an American get a SIN, without physically moving to CAN and living there atleast for a bit before they're eligible for a SIN etc?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
On top of that, Chase can pull TWICE on same application - one each from 2 different agencies. This happens to yours truly for the last 2 years, as well as to some FTers reported here or privately, just FYI.
For me, it is Citi who pulls from 2 different agencies and could never figure out why.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 1:52 am
cnn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Dell Streak Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 UCBrowser/9.9.2.467 U3/0.8.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I got two $100 statement credits on the 1st statement (completing $1000 spending requirement before closing dates) on the last two AS cards. Now for the 3rd one the credit didn't post the same way. So I doubt I will get it.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by cnn

I got two $100 statement credits on the 1st statement (completing $1000 spending requirement before closing dates) on the last two AS cards. Now for the 3rd one the credit didn't post the same way. So I doubt I will get it.
Hi All,

I have two old B of A personal cards. Long history prob 13 years. Got it as a student not for miles.

I am planning to get Alaska card. Should I apply for two Personal at the same time? I see people discuss using 2mb method. Is it for 2 personal cards or 1 personal and 1 biz card? I still do not have any but AS but have a pre approval. If I am applying should I use one pre approval and one from the link? (both have the same offer) Wondering if I should go for 1 and then apply again for a one later....appreciate the feedback.

Last edited by woow14610; Sep 5, 2014 at 9:47 am
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:27 am

Just data points...I did apply for a card utilizing 2bm. Status on the browser say they are considering. I phoned they said both card are approved and pending for account #s. 1 for 18K not sure about the 2nd one.

Thanks for all the information here.....I will updated the information.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 4:14 pm

Just data points...I did apply for a card utilizing 2bm. Status on the browser say they are considering. I phoned they said both card are approved and pending for account #s. 1 for 18K not sure about the 2nd one.

Thanks for all the information here.....I will updated the information.
Did you apply for one of each card or two personals?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:06 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
anyone have any luck getting their AF waived? not sure how good BofA is regarding that or any sort of retention offers on the AS cards.

I'd appreciate a heads up.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:35 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
They've never waived the AF for me.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by coronado22
Did you apply for one of each card or two personals?
2 personal. let me know if there are any further questions
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:17 am

Signed-up for the 25k + $100 statement credit offer in mid-August. I completed the $1,000 spend, my first statement closed but no $100 credit and no AF charged either. I did get the 25k miles upon account approval though. It will be interesting to see how this develops, especially when I have a 2nd card obtained through 2bm that I haven't completed spend yet.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by michael_v
Signed-up for the 25k + $100 statement credit offer in mid-August. I completed the $1,000 spend, my first statement closed but no $100 credit and no AF charged either. I did get the 25k miles upon account approval though. It will be interesting to see how this develops, especially when I have a 2nd card obtained through 2bm that I haven't completed spend yet.
One day later, both AF and $100 statement credit posted, after statement was generated. Odd, but I'll take it.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 10:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by woow14610
2 personal. let me know if there are any further questions
why yes then since you asked, what scent of airfreshner do you prefer for your bathroom?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 1:09 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by skibum7732
why yes then since you asked, what scent of airfreshner do you prefer for your bathroom?
^^

Thank you for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.