Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA, BA, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wheelsup57
The "Newer 35k link" at the top of the wiki on page one of this thread. Deep Down in the terms and conditions of the app, you will see details of the bonus confirmed. Special thanks to the person on this thread who pointed out that if the card is left unused for six months or more, you will not receive the 10k bonus on your anniversary.
I take it you applied successfully!! Congrats!!

& Thanks!! I had skimmed through the fine print, but didn't see that!! I wonder what will happen to the anniversary bonus when the miles are moved to AA. Guess nobody knows yet!!

Guess it's my turn!!!
Old Dec 6, 2013, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by jjd477
When one gets a second card do you get another mileage acct number or do you use your existing one?
My wife who was approved for a second card had her points credited to her existing acct number.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA, BA, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wheelsup57
The "Newer 35k link" at the top of the wiki on page one of this thread. Deep Down in the terms and conditions of the app, you will see details of the bonus confirmed. Special thanks to the person on this thread who pointed out that if the card is left unused for six months or more, you will not receive the 10k bonus on your anniversary.
Got mine!!! Thanks Wheelsup57 & everyone else!!
Old Dec 6, 2013, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by jjd477
When one gets a second card do you get another mileage acct number or do you use your existing one?
Use your existing mileage number. Both my wife and I both have two cards under the same mileage account number with zero issues.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

3rd set 35K posted. All 3 sets use same US Airway numbers.

Now waiting for the annual 10K bonus on the 2nd set. Have not received annual fee notification letter yet.

My experience on the 1st set's annual bonus is, the notice letters arrived first. Then the bonus posted right after the statement dates, bearing the statement dates as post date in US accounts. Cards were canceled via SM before annual fee being billed.

Unless your statement date falls on the last 3 or 4 days of the month, chances are, you would see your annual bonus in your US account before the annual fee is billed - the last business date of the month of the anniversary it seems. Besides you still have 60 days to cancel the card from the fee is billed, to get the fee reversed.

Thank You, Barclay's. Your website is one of the best to use, except your reps dont seem to answer the SM in a timely fashion. Now if you can give us the 10K $750 spend offers we would be very thankful!
Old Dec 7, 2013, 11:38 am

Fee waived, no spend, US Airways Card, 35K (WIKI)

Does anyone have insight on applying for the US Air cc along with another Barclays?

Feb 2013 - US Air (my first Barclays), instant approval
June 2013 - Lufthansa, denied (too many inquiries with other apps)
Dec 6 - Arrival, instant approval

I'm debating if I should try for a second US Air now or if I should give it some time due to the Arrival application. Also applied for 3 other cards this round.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 4:23 pm

Instant approval for second card. Applied for the first one around May 2013.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 7:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum,
Just Applied for my wife barclay arrival card, which was approved and then applied for her second us airways card, it shows pending and will let me know.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 7:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum,
Is it worth calling reconsideration line?
Old Dec 7, 2013, 7:40 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Originally Posted by flew-d-coop
My SO recently got denied credit for the US Airways Card 35K offer. She is a little squeamish calling the recon dept so we awaited the letter and it stated:

"Sufficient credit is available on your account issued by Barclays Bank Delaware".

So, my question is, if she were to close her existing account how long should we wait until reapplying?

Edit below,
Is there any other action that needs to be done to churn (for example when churning the aa business card I needed to close both the credit line and online account access).

Thanks
Oh, one other thing...
My 10K anniversary isn't till the middle of March - not sure if they will be around that long.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 8:13 pm

Programs: A Few Here, A Few There
Data Point:

Opened first US Airways Card - 01/13
Have opened appx 10 new cards (various other banks, not Barclay) since then
Instant approval today for second US Airways Card with higher credit line than the first hah.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 3:27 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Data point

Another round of Dividend miles posted on 12/8 closing date. Used the same US Airway Dividends # on each app.

11/20 - applied for 3rd card
11/29 received card
11/30 - made $1.99 purchase
12/8 - 35k miles posted on statement closing date

Thank you Barclays and US Airways. Earned 150k miles with little to no effort. Hope i can get in more for 15k bonus offer ($750 for 3 months).

History:
07/12 1st card 40K instant approval (no annual fee); Offered 15k w/$750 spend for 3 months
03/13 2nd card 35K instant approval (no annual fee) Offered 15k w/$750 spend for 3 months
07/13 X'ed 1st card after 10K bonus but before fee billed
11/13 3rd card 35K instant approval (no annual fee) while 2nd card still is open. Miles posted.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 12:59 am

Hola! JUST heard about the Barclay Arrival Card when my soon-to-be MIL accidentally applied for this card instead of the US Airways Mastercard. I've been doing a little research on it because I was going to apply soon for my 2nd US Airways Mastercard and because I'm curious if she can still apply for the US Air she meant to get or if she needs to wait.

I got my 1st US Air MC on April 30th, 2013. I have even been putting purchases on it recently so they can't deny me for not using what I already have! But now I'm considering this Arrival card too..

I know Barclay isnt the easiest bank to get credit from so I'm assuming I wont be able to apply for both at the same time. Which one should I apply for first? And is it still recommended to wait about 6 months before getting the other one as it is b/w US Air cards?

My goal is to collect miles before the merger. I have 2 Citi AA PLT cards from this year and gonna try to get the Business as well! Just not sure which Barclay card to go for first! Any suggestions are welcome! TIA!!
Old Dec 9, 2013, 1:04 am

Data point.

5/2012 1st card
2/2013 2nd card
6/2013 Closed 1st card
12/2013 3rd card

In my state, US Airways pulls from TransUnion while Citi and Chase pull from Experian. That helped. Besides this latest applications, I only have two inquiries in the past 6 months and they were from Chase.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 12:57 pm

Opened 1st card in September 2012. Closed account when annual fee hit in September 2013.

Applied and accepted for second card today. 35,000 miles after first spend, annual fee waived for first year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.