Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 14 Newcastle, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 26 to May 28, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 14 Newcastle, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 26 to May 28, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:22 pm
Oz Fest organizers
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Efrem
1. I think I signed up for everything. If I got something wrong, could one of the organizers please let me know?
Yes: signed up for all events

Link to Who is attending events (as in post 3)
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Think we are staying at Mercure Charlestown.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have 2 off *free* Qantas club pass’s available for people going to Oz Fest. If any one wants one or both please PM me. One valid until end May 2017 and the other valid until end May 2018.

Not all lounges can be accessed: read the QF web site carefully. QF lounge info link. From https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...egory=qcLounge Note: Complimentary invitations cannot be used in the Los Angeles oneworld lounge.

Before requesting please check flights post 6 Flights link if you are on a QF flight with other Oz Fest people. If so, there is a chance someone with QF status may be able to guest you into a QF lounge. Compared to other years not many people have advised their flight details.

1 is a physical card (2017 expiry).
From the back of the card:-
This invitation is valid for a single visit for one person to any Qantas Club or Qantas operated International Business Lounge before the date specified in the invitation. You must present the invitation on arrival at the Lounge and your next onward flight that day must be on Qantas or Jetstar. No guest allowed

The other (2018 expiry) is an e-invitation.
As www.qantas.com/freeloungeinvite It must associated with a QF or JQ flight and you have to be QF frequent flyer member. I can “Transfer a complimentary invitation to another Qantas Frequent Flyer member” on line. You receive an email that you show to lounge attendant. You can join the QF ffp for free via a link. Unsure what happens if you change the QF ff number to another frequent flyer programme after registering the lounge invitation. On the Finnair “manage my booking” you can change the ff program

===
For those that want to fly SYD NTL or NTL-SYD read this trip report
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...l#post28209661
===

Edit 1: The is a physical card (2017 expiry) has been claimed
Edit 2: The is a physical card (2017 expiry) is available again, as the claimee has now scored an F award out of Australia.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; May 16, 2017 at 4:06 am Reason: update
Old Apr 29, 2017, 12:05 am

Programs: QFF Platinum
Flight Details

Arriving (From MEL) Friday 26 May VA 1593 1:50pm
Staying Crowne Plaza
Depart (To MEL) Monday 29 May VA 1594 2:25pm
Old Apr 29, 2017, 4:50 am

I'm sorry, I have to withdraw.

My current job is already mad enough; I don't think I'll be able to duck down to Newcastle for a weekend, get back on Sunday afternoon and live to tell the tale the following week.

For those who have come from over the seas to join us in Australia, I hope you enjoy Newcastle. Props of course to the hosts and organisers - they always do a tiring, invaluable yet thankless job. We'll see how next year's OzFest pans out, destination-wise.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
Just wondering... any more space for Sat dinner, or the fighter excursion on Sun? Toying with the idea of tacking on the OZ DO to my Tassie trip starting on 30/5...
Old Apr 29, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
===
For those that want to fly SYD NTL or NTL-SYD read this trip report
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...l#post28209661
===
Thanks for the trip report link, decided to go to Newcastle tomorrow for 1 hour.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:26 am
Oz Fest organizers
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ellyse
Just wondering... any more space for Sat dinner, or the fighter excursion on Sun? Toying with the idea of tacking on the OZ DO to my Tassie trip starting on 30/5...
You would be OK for the Saturday night dinner & Sunday RAAF fighter world tour. Seats still available ^

Register and pay for activities here:- On line site to book activities
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
Originally Posted by Oz Fest
You would be OK for the Saturday night dinner & Sunday RAAF fighter world tour. Seats still available ^

Register and pay for activities here:- On line site to book activities
Sorry, guess I'm not coming after all. My travel companion and I both wanted to lock in tickets before the price rose any higher (what on earth is going on that all the flights from HBA on 11th and 12th are almost all sold out?!) so I nixed the add-on. That said, if anyone is still passing through SYD on Tue 30/5 morning, I'll be there and can guest 1 into the QF lounge.
Old May 1, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Flights booked

Fri 26 May 2017 BNE-NTL JQ485 16:00-17:15
Sun 28 May 2017 NTL-BNE JQ484 14:10-15:25

Can guest 1 into BNE Business lounge on Friday afternoon and should be able to guest 1 into BNE Business lounge arriving Sunday afternoon.
Old May 1, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
Skymiles bonus

It may be mentioned upthread, but repeating here in case it was missed. For any attendees flying DL or VS from/to LAX nonstop to/from SYD MEL or BNE, there's a Skymiles bonus offer.

here's the link.
Old May 3, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Oops. Seems we haven't advised our flights.

26th May VA1593 Dep MEL 1220. Arr NTL 1350.
29th May VA1594 Dep NTL 1425. Arr MEL 1600.
Old May 3, 2017, 5:11 am
Oz Fest organizers
Original Poster

Wine trip details

SATURDAY, MAY 27, 2017 ***Times are approximate only and will be confirmed closer to the date.

One, (1), 57 Seat Semi Coach
0930hrs Collect Newcastle -- Crowne Plaza
Transfer to Hunter Valley Wine Country
1045hrs McGuigans Wines
1150hrs Goldfish Bar or Hope Estate lunch see menu below 1400hrs Tyrrells Vineyard (tour included)
1500hrs Tamburlaine Wines
1600hrs Depart and return to Newcastle
1715hrs Arrive Newcastle -- Drop at Crowne Plaza

COST $90.00 per person @ Goldfish Bar/ Hope Estate based on a min 30 guests

Includes coach travel, tasting charges & lunch
Old May 3, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by anat0l
I'm sorry, I have to withdraw.

My current job is already mad enough; I don't think I'll be able to duck down to Newcastle for a weekend, get back on Sunday afternoon and live to tell the tale the following week.

For those who have come from over the seas to join us in Australia, I hope you enjoy Newcastle. Props of course to the hosts and organisers - they always do a tiring, invaluable yet thankless job. We'll see how next year's OzFest pans out, destination-wise.
Where is the dislike button?
Old May 3, 2017, 11:46 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Count me as a scratching for this....(There might be a last minute change, but I'm not counting on it)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.