Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 14 Newcastle, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 26 to May 28, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 14 Newcastle, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 26 to May 28, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:10 am
Oz Fest organizers
Original Poster

Originally Posted by doug_westcott
I stuffed up and paid for both "All main events" PLUS the wine tour and the RAAF Fighter World tour (ie double payment). How can I get a refund?
You are not the first person to do this for Oz Fest. Usually they do not even notice.

Have processed a refund for you.
Sunday dinner is not included in "all main events"
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by penegal
Thanks for posting Oz Fest.

I would likely be in for all, although not sure about Sunday dinner as I may need to commence the trek to "work" on Monday, wherever that may be.
No surprises there!
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: QFF Platinum
Originally Posted by Oz Fest
You are not the first person to do this for Oz Fest. Usually they do not even notice.

Have processed a refund for you.
Sunday dinner is not included in "all main events"
Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Saturday tour and dinner booked.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: QFF, VA, SQ
Dinner Saturday night booked x 2.
Sorry we have an AGM to attend in Sydney CBD Saturday afternoon, (should finish around 3pm) will be driving from Sydney to dinner venue directly.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:39 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
At (time to be advised) there will be a bus pickup to head out to RAAF Fighter World. The bus requires prepayment of $25pp and admission is pay as you go at $12-$15pp. There is a cafe at Fighter World for those who may need a snack or drink.
We plan to have two ex RAAF fighter/test pilots as tour guides. (They were Qantas Captains later in life) Time at Fighter World will be 2–2.5 hrs as needed...
We will be driving home as soon as this is finished so will drive to RAAF Fighter World ourselves so don't need to catch the bus. How do we indicate this on the trybooking site? We will do all activities but not the Sunday night dinner. Thanks for organising!
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:48 pm
Oz Fest organizers
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kpc
We will be driving home as soon as this is finished so will drive to RAAF Fighter World ourselves so don't need to catch the bus. How do we indicate this on the trybooking site? We will do all activities but not the Sunday night dinner.
Have added a RAAF Fighter World self drive option

Last edited by Oz Fest; Apr 15, 2017 at 6:34 pm Reason: Added RAAF Fighter World self drive option
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
I'm registered for:
Friday dinner
Saturday wine tour
Saturday dinner
Sunday RAAF Fighter tour

Will depart for Sydney after the Fighter tour
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Booked Fri dinner, Sat Wine Tour & Sat. Dinner.

Approx. what time would the Fighterworld tour finish on Sunday?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:55 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kpc
We will be driving home as soon as this is finished so will drive to RAAF Fighter World ourselves so don't need to catch the bus. How do we indicate this on the trybooking site? We will do all activities but not the Sunday night dinner. Thanks for organising!
Have added a RAAF Fighter World self drive option
Thanks. We are doing all activities bar Sunday night dinner. Paid and staying Fri and Sat at CP . Looking forward to catching up with everyone
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:21 pm
Oz Fest organizers
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
Booked Fri dinner, Sat Wine Tour & Sat. Dinner.

Approx. what time would the Fighterworld tour finish on Sunday?
**UPDATE**

Fighter World closes at 4pm so must finish no later than 4pm.

Last edited by Oz Fest; Apr 16, 2017 at 1:10 am
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:14 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Can't belive I haven't RSVP'ed for this yet - so confirming Mrs QF WP and I are both Platinum.

Flights booked - Inbound Fri 26th VA1106 BNE/NTL Dep 15:20 Arr 16:40. Outbound Sun 28th VA1108 Dep 17:15

Accom booked - TBA (but not the Crowne Plaza)
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:08 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
As we flew into/out of NTL last weekend for a 4 day mini-holidays with the kids (to Nelson Bay), I did a bit of recce work.

Arrivals - there is only one arrivals hall and luggage belt. Not many flights in (none at the same time we came in), so easy to know if your bags made it.

Exit the Arrivals Hall and taxis to the right. Hire cars are to the left (along walkway [undercover] to the hire car external building) - about a 200m walk.

There are no Lounges (QF or VA) in the Terminal . Just leave enough time for check-in (there was 1 VA Priority desk, 1 Bag drop and IIRC 3-4 economy). So don't get there too early for your flights out, They opened an hour before departure for us, we were the only pax in the priority queue when it opened. Check-in with 2 bags and 4 pax domestically - 4 mins (we had already checked-in online) - tag the bags and print out BP's. The couple ahead in the bag drop were doing an International flight connection (with 1 child) - it took them a little longer [as expected]. As there may be multiple ozfest pax doing international connection, I'd suggest you'll want to be there at the 1 hour mark and I hope you're all in the Priority queue. Probably 40-60 people were sitting in the 200-300 chairs when we arrived and as soon as check-in was announced "open", made a bee-line for the queue.

Only a small security check line and only 1 scanner - as we went towards it, there was a fingerprint ID kiosk with a security person at it, asking the 3 people ahead of us to scan their finger/thumb? They all got selected for separate screening (to the left) but we went straight through without being scanned.

Once through, there are limited food & beverage options - there is a bar in between Gates 1 and 2, with semi-decent views of the tarmac (and both times we were there, the Williamstown Air Force squadron were doing their normal loud (in a nice way) TOGA's etc. A little noisy, but just awesome for those of us with aviation in the blood. Got some nice video and stills - tom911 and other camera buffs will love it (although better views may be from outside through the chain-link fence). Fairly normal, as I believe ATC is done by the Air Force there , IIRC itsalongwaydown ?

Food & Beverages after security - it's not a large area and limited options - we went to the Red Rooster outlet and had a snack before our 5:15pm departure. Also a cafe on the back wall, with ample seating in front of both. There is a decent NewsTravels - newsagency, travel goods, knick knacks etc. Between it and the Red Rooster is a corridor that heads to Gate 3 (4??).

Last edited by QF WP; Apr 17, 2017 at 12:16 am
Old Apr 17, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: UA 2MM
I have just booked for "Main Events". I was amused to note that the "United States" is not an option for "Country", so I listed my country as "United States Minor Outlying Islands".
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
I am guessing we still need to fill out booking form if attending Friday night dinner and Saturday night dinner only?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.