Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 14 Newcastle, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 26 to May 28, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 14 Newcastle, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 26 to May 28, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:55 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Originally Posted by BOB W
and the toilets swirl backwards too
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is an urban myth.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
We are all signed up from here in VCE and looking forward to it. Thank you organizers!

We're sorry we won't be seeing Audrey and Leon this year. Best regards to you both from Kathy and me. ^

Brian
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by JessicaTam
I know. Just pulling the chain of the gullible.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I guess you can move me to Bronze. If i'm lucky i can pull a penegal and show up last minute
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
event booking queston

I've signed up and purchased Main Events. Does that include the dinner head count (pay as you go) or was I supposed to add a ticket for the $0.00 dinners. If so, can I update?

Also please list me as staying at Crowne Plaza, arriving Friday, departing Monday.

Thank you for your work organizing.

BD
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:11 pm
Oz Fest organizers
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bdnyc
I've signed up and purchased Main Events. Does that include the dinner head count (pay as you go) or was I supposed to add a ticket for the $0.00 dinners.
Main events includes you in the Friday & Saturday dinner head count, with pay as you go at the venue.
Sunday dinner is an additional ticket if you want to attend that. Is a "head count" with pay as you go at the venue.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: QF OWE, NZ EP, Le Club Gold, HH Silver
Have just booked the main events package. I didn't see any VIP package? But I assume everyone is a VIP at this event
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
It was on the Simpsons - It must be true.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
It actually can happen, but everyday bath furniture (Shape of basin, plughole, bath) as well as lower (water efficient) volumes interferes too much in the slight influence of the Coriolis forces for consistency.

If you obtain a large circular tub with a central circular drain, fill it with at least 500 litres of water, ensure the water is perfectly still and unplug the drain without disturbing the water then the alternate hemispheres' effects of the Coriolis can be observed.

Me? I'll drop a symmetrically round strawberry in a nice flute of dry cava and watch it rotate for several minutes ... a little before I consume them both ...

Last edited by serfty; Apr 19, 2017 at 1:05 am
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Oz Fest
Yes please.
It does help planning and advising the venues how many people will show up.
Saturday night has limited seats. As post 3, we may not be able to get more seats if we exceed the limit. People who sign up will get the first seats.
The link is not working for me. It just goes to generic TryBooking site and I need to search for event and obviously searching for wrong event.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by serfty
Me? I'll drop a symmetrically round strawberry in a nice flute of dry cava and watch it rotate for several minutes ... a little before I consume them both ...
Great minds think alike, but sometimes I don't have a strawberry to drop into my Rimarts, and I don't wait....
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:44 pm
Oz Fest organizers
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JohnK
The link is not working for me. It just goes to generic TryBooking site and I need to search for event and obviously searching for wrong event.
Link in post 3 works for me.
If you go trybooking site "buy tickets" and search for Oz Fest, OzFest or Flyertalk it shows up.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Upgrade me to Platinum, please!

Arriving Thurs., 11:05 am, VA 1102 from BNE.

Leaving Mon., 2:25 pm, VA 1594 to MEL. (In Melbourne until the next morning, 11:30 flight out. Anyone who's interested in dinner or whatever there on the 29th, please get in touch. I recall an AFF dinner at the Blue Train there, after OzFest 11 in the Red Centre, that was a lot of fun.)

Will sign up for the full slate of activities when I get a chance; hotel information coming when I have it. Have to teach a class right now, so that might not be until tomorrow.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Oz Fest
Link in post 3 works for me.
If you go trybooking site "buy tickets" and search for Oz Fest, OzFest or Flyertalk it shows up.
Links works if one is not using Internet Explorer. Yesterday TryBooking was coming up but not functioning and today I get error message Unsupported Browser.

I have signed up for Friday night and Saturday night dinner. Hopefully wife and daughter will come along to Saturday night dinner.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Updates:

1. I think I signed up for everything. If I got something wrong, could one of the organizers please let me know?

2. Booked a room at the Crowne Plaza for Thurs-Sun nights (checking out Monday).

(Still have to get a room in Melbourne for Monday night, but they're not hard to find and that's not an OzFest issue anyhow.)

Originally Posted by Efrem
Upgrade me to Platinum, please!

Arriving Thurs., 11:05 am, VA 1102 from BNE.

Leaving Mon., 2:25 pm, VA 1594 to MEL. (In Melbourne until the next morning, 11:30 flight out. Anyone who's interested in dinner or whatever there on the 29th, please get in touch. I recall an AFF dinner at the Blue Train there, after OzFest 11 in the Red Centre, that was a lot of fun.)

Will sign up for the full slate of activities when I get a chance; hotel information coming when I have it. Have to teach a class right now, so that might not be until tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.