Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors Reserve Card [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 6, 2013, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends in December 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html

ALL known links for ALL Citi Hilton Honors cards appear to be dead now.
-----------------------------

This thread is a continuation of: Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card (2012 - 2015)

Link no longer working: https://www.citicards.com/cards/cred...7A711D5L00101W

Link no longer working: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/cr...s-reserve-card

- Earn two weekend night certificates - at select hotels and resorts - after making $2,500 in purchases.

- Enjoy Hilton HHonors Gold Status as long as you are a Citi Hilton Reserve cardmember

- Annual Fee: $95,
not waived

From the app page:
"Weekend Night Certificates offer is not available if you have had any Citi®Hilton HHonorsTM card opened or closed in the past 24 months"."Weekend Night Certificates offer is not available if you have had a Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card account that was opened or closed in the past 24 months." (Language change to "any" dates back to August 2016.)

When will I receive my free nights?
Some datapoints indicate that the certificates are emailed ~7 days after the statement in which the spend is met, but others datapoints indicate that it may take 1-2 additional statement cycles before they're actually sent.

How long do I have to use the free nights?
The certificates expire 12 months from the date that they're emailed to you. Your stay must be completed on or before this expiration date.

Do I need to print the certificates and take them with me?
Yes. Some people say they haven't been asked for them, but it's much better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.

Can the free weekend certs be redeemed online?
No, you have to call the HHonors department to book them. Even regular Hilton reservations cannot book them, although they can transfer you to the right department.

so the 2-browser trick is dead. can we still apply two HH Reserve card every 65 days, with same HH #, and get four certificates?
Several people have reported successfully churning this card, and receiving the certificates for both cards. Closing one card before applying for another doesn't appear to be required.

You can still get as many as you want of the Citi Hilton 50k cards (except that CITI only allows two cards of any type every 60-65 days).all 50k card offers without 18 month language dead as of 7/5/15

Can you get the anniversary free night bonus without paying the annual fee, or do you get the free night bonus only if you hit $10,000 in charges AND renew?
This seems to be YMMV. Some people have reported not getting it until well after their AF payment is due, while others have reported getting it in time to cancel and have their AF refunded. More data points on this are needed.

Terms and conditions for the free nights
Friday, Saturday & Sunday night, and I don't think there are any blackout nights (beyond the normal HHonors program rules). Here is the description from the Cert as well as the T&C's:

Description: You've received this reward certificate because you've met the purchase requirements with your Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve card. This reward is valid for one complimentary weekend night for a standard room at participating hotels worldwide, subject to availability. This reward is not valid at All-Inclusive or Distinctive properties and cannot be combined with the 5th Night Free benefit or other promotions. Please visit HHonors.com/weekendcertificate to see a list of excluded properties.

GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As with any HHonors Reward, this Reward Certificate is subject to all HHonors Terms & Conditions on participation, use, and redemption, posted at http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/terms.do. The hotel stay received with this Hotel Reward Certificate shall be treated as a Hotel Reward Stay, as defined in the Terms & Conditions, except Points & Money, Premium Room and Room Upgrade Rewards cannot be used with this Certificate.

HOTEL REWARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Reward Certificate is not transferable after issued and may be redeemed only by the individual named thereon, consistent with HHonors Terms & Conditions. If a person other than the individual named on the Reward Certificate attempts to redeem it, the Certificate will be deemed void and accommodations will be denied.
2. Reward Certificate may not be sold, auctioned, bartered, brokered or purchased except with the express written consent of Hilton HHonors. Any Reward Certificate obtained in this manner by any person or entity will be considered to be fraudulently obtained and will be deemed void if transferred for cash or other consideration. Altered Reward Certificates are void and will not be honored.
3. Reward Certificate may not be combined with other certificates, discounts, packages or promotional offers, or Hotel Reward stays beyond Standard Room Rewards, unless otherwise specified in writing by Hilton HHonors.
4. Reward Certificate cannot be redeemed for cash, prizes or credit. Reward Certificate is not exchangeable.
5. Reward Certificate will not be replaced, reissued or credited if lost, stolen or otherwise destroyed.
6. Reward Certificate is void if copied, prohibited or restricted by law.
7. HHonors members will not earn points or miles for Hotel Reward stays, unless otherwise stated on the Reward Certificate.
8. Reward Certificate expires on the date noted on the face of the Reward Certificate.
9. Reward Certificate must be redeemed in strict accordance with the procedures specified on the certificate.
10. For the purpose of Certificate redemption, a weekend night is defined as a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night, unless specified otherwise on the Reward Certificate.
11. Reward Certificate applies to the room rate and tax of one standard room at a participating hotel and as further provided on the Certificate. A "Standard room" is as defined by the hotel. Any tax liability incurred in connection with the receipt and/or use of this Certificate, including, but not limited to, local or city occupancy taxes, or individual income tax is the sole responsibility of the user. Incidental charges are the responsibility of the user.
12. Reward Certificate usage is limited to Double Occupancy. Additional occupants, age 19 and above, are subject to the standard extra person charges.
13. Reward Certificate reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card. Some hotels may require a deposit in lieu of a credit card guarantee. Deposits cannot be waived for Reward Certificate reservations. Reward Certificate reservations that are cancelled outside of the time frame set by the hotel's individual cancellation policy will be charged one night's room and tax at the hotel's minimum rate for that date.
14. Reward Certificate is valid for the number of nights noted under the description on the face of the Certificate. If the Certificate is valid for more than one night, all nights must be used and the Certificate redeemed for a single stay that includes up to all Certificate nights. The Certificate cannot be broken down and/or redeemed for more than one stay. Any unused nights will be forfeited and will not be replaced or credited.
15. No credit or substitutions will be given for any Reward Certificate including those that are only partially used.
16. Promotional Rewards are for Standard Rooms only.
17. Hotel stays resulting from Reward Certificate are non-commissionable to travel agents.
18. Recipients of Reward Certificate may be required to sign a release of liability and a statement permitting the use of their name and/or photo for promotional purposes without additional compensation.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors Reserve Card [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by RobertHanson
I found a separate thread on this, but the last post on it was over 2 years old, so I don't consider the DPs on it to still be valid.

My 24 months for my Res card are up mid-Dec. What I want to do is:
spend $10K before then to qualify for the Renewal cert
pay the AF
get the Renewal cert
apply for a new Res with 2 more certs
cancel the first card and get the fee refunded.

The T/C say the Renewal cert will be sent out 6-8 weeks after the renewal date. But they also seem to say that the first card must only be kept open for another billing cycle after the AF posts. Which would be @ 31 days, and you can cancel and get the fee refunded up to 37 days after it posts.

So in theory I can:
pay the fee when it posts in Dec
Apply for a new Res in early Jan, which puts me over the 24 full months
Qualify for the Renewal cert in mid-Jan
Cancel the first card @35 days after the fee posted and get the fee refunded
End up with 3 certs, but only pay the AF for the new card

Do we have any data points on whether this is doable and/or does anyone know of a current thread discussing this? TIA
It's doable, but getting the renewal cert before being able to get the AF refunded might not happen depending on how slow Hilton and Citi are.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
I had a weird call with a retention rep yesterday. AF posted on my citi hilton reserve and I told the front line to cancel. Was transferred to retention. Retention kept pushing me to product change to no annual fee cards. Would not offer any statement credits or points. I said I will call again when my free night certificate posts to cancel. Hoepfully I can get the 5k points or $95 credit offer then.

It does seem like citi is making it difficult to get retention offers when you have no real intention of canceling
Old Oct 13, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by RobertHanson
I found a separate thread on this, but the last post on it was over 2 years old, so I don't consider the DPs on it to still be valid.

My 24 months for my Res card are up mid-Dec. What I want to do is:
spend $10K before then to qualify for the Renewal cert
pay the AF
get the Renewal cert
apply for a new Res with 2 more certs
cancel the first card and get the fee refunded.

The T/C say the Renewal cert will be sent out 6-8 weeks after the renewal date. But they also seem to say that the first card must only be kept open for another billing cycle after the AF posts. Which would be @ 31 days, and you can cancel and get the fee refunded up to 37 days after it posts.

So in theory I can:
pay the fee when it posts in Dec
Apply for a new Res in early Jan, which puts me over the 24 full months
Qualify for the Renewal cert in mid-Jan
Cancel the first card @35 days after the fee posted and get the fee refunded
End up with 3 certs, but only pay the AF for the new card

Do we have any data points on whether this is doable and/or does anyone know of a current thread discussing this? TIA
this is definitely doable. If my annual fee statement is on dec 15, I get the certificates a couple of days after jan statement. So one can cancel just in time.

We have four cards between us and won't be cancelling any cards. I wanted to add mroe cards but they have that stupid 24 monthl language now
Old Oct 13, 2016, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
getting the renewal cert before being able to get the AF refunded might not happen depending on how slow Hilton and Citi are.
The thing is the T/C don't say you have to get it issued while the card is still open. Only that you have to keep the card open for one billing cycle after the Renewal date.

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
this is definitely doable. If my annual fee statement is on dec 15, I get the certificates a couple of days after jan statement. So one can cancel just in time.

We have four cards between us and won't be cancelling any cards. I wanted to add mroe cards but they have that stupid 24 monthl language now
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm guessing the odds of it working are definitely in my favor.

I don't want to keep the old card open though, as the cost of covering that $10K spend, when added to the AF, is just too high for only one "free" night. The AF with 2 certs for sign up, plus one more cert for $10K spend, yes. AF plus $10K spend for only one cert, no.

Opening the new card resets the 24 month clock, so closing the first card only extends that 24 months by a few weeks. But keeping the first card open requires paying the AF twice for each card before you can apply again. I know Citi came up with this new policy to keep us from churning and closing, but for savvy players it actually encourages you to close cards you might otherwise keep open. If they were still giving out Retention offer like candy it would be different. But sadly those days seem to be over.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 2:16 pm

Last year it was about 2 months after my wife's AF posted before she received the free night. It was a while.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by luv2fly4free
Any recent data points about how long it typically takes to receive the signup bonus two free weekend night certificate after meeting the minimum spend and statement closing?

Received by mail or by e-mail most recently?
Data point...received 2 weekend certificates by e-mail just 4 days after closing date on recent statement where minimum spend was met
Old Oct 31, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Question Consecutive Nights?

Can I use the 2 weekend night certificates for consecutive nights?
Old Oct 31, 2016, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by aragno
Yes, certainly.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by aragno
Just did it.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 11:40 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Any datapoints on being able to product change this card to a different Citi card? Specifically, the AT&T Access More?
Old Nov 12, 2016, 6:09 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Any intel on a Reserve card link without the bonus language for 24 months with any Citi Hilton card?
Old Nov 12, 2016, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Any intel on a Reserve card link without the bonus language for 24 months with any Citi Hilton card?
If so, please don't post the link. Citi seems to be finding links here and closing them.

But a PM would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 7:20 pm

Any data points on extending the certificates?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond
The current link in the wiki goes to an app that doesn't include the $100 statement credit after a $100 spend at Hilton within 6 months. I don't think there is a permanent link to such an offer, but I've seen this very often on the Hilton website when making bookings (before having to pay). And I just applied for this card through such a link and in my welcome letter it mentions the credit.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 5:45 pm

Anyone know how long it takes for the $100 statement credit to post? I did a prepaid booking past when the credit expires to see if that would trigger it since I'm going to need that hotel night anyway, but if it won't work for that, I'll just stay in a Hilton nearby to use up the credit. I'll also try to get them to apply it via PM if it doesn't post soon.

Edit: I was my own DP. $100 statement credit posted today after my close date, so prepaid bookings do trigger it, but I would book with enough time left for your statement to close before the 6 months is up so that you can have time to use the credit if your prepaid booking doesn't work.

Last edited by corpgator; Nov 19, 2016 at 6:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.