Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?

[1] What are the most current working links?

There is a standard offer for 50K points after $1K spend in 4 months. (No landing page is available for this offer; lnik taken from wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html.)

There are no known 60K offers available. The most recent one expired in late September 2014.

[2] Is this card churnable?
In the past, this card has been easily churnable. However, in December 2014 Citi began inserting language into some applications and landing pages disqualifying current Hilton Visa cardholders & requiring an 18-month wait from the date of the previous card's cancellation. The application link listed above does not include this restriction, and FTers have confirmed that they have been approved through this application despite being current or recent holders of another Citi Hilton card.

[3] How frequently can I apply for these cards?
You can only apply for ONE Citi card in a week or TWO in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between ANY two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of ANY kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60 days (65+) from your second application to your 4th applications, and so forth.

If math is not your strong suit, you can use: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html.

Example:
Day 0 - Citi HHonors Card #1
Day 8 - Citi AA Personal Card
Day 65 - Citi AA Business Card
Day 73 - Citi HHonors Card #2
Day 130 - Citi TY Card

[4] Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
Not if you use the application link above. As stated above, in December 2014 Citi began introducing new application pages requiring an 18-month wait since cancellation of the prior card.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand.

[5] I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?
There appears to be a problem with Citi crediting you with both bonuses but Hilton not crediting the second bonus because their system sees it as a duplicate.

You need to open up a case, preferably with Hilton, and explain that you have two separate cards (feel free to explain one is for business and one for personal if they ask why you have multiple cards and you feel like explaining). You also need to diligently check back with them and make sure that they do not close the case as you already got the bonus.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Depending on who you talk to and where, this can be a relatively short process or a particularly unpleasant and long one. Best advice: Be nice to the CSRs and get them on your side or HUACA until you find someone useful.

For some people it may be worth getting the 50K card instead, possibly trying to "bump the bonus" to 60K and getting it as a 10K adjustment instead.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by susieling
2 browser trick? but looks like all links in #468 are for visa, is it possible to get 2 visa card approved? thanks
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19645697-post1042.html
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by susieling
2 browser trick? but looks like all links in #468 are for visa, is it possible to get 2 visa card approved? thanks
yes
Old Nov 9, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Am I right in thinking you close these accounts on day 64 and reapply on day 65 and there is no issue regarding pts clawback?
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by michael_v
I receive the 50k offer every 3 months or so. Here are the links for the most recent 2 ones:

Expiration date: 4/30/2012:
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...BB8hZNW-I&hhon

Expiration date: 6/30/2012:
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...BPuk8TB8jEP9hL

Another link with the same 6/30/2012 expiration date (they goofed by sending the email twice, with first time email showing an incorrect "you have xxxx points" amount):
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...BPsRSTB8iVT3wt

It would seem there is very little difference among the links.
Is the spend on this card still $1,500 in 6 mos?
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by duranza
Is the spend on this card still $1,500 in 6 mos?
Yes
Old Nov 9, 2012, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
Yes
I got it last week. I only verified one of them, and it's $1500 in 6 months. ^
Old Nov 9, 2012, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
Am I right in thinking you close these accounts on day 64 and reapply on day 65 and there is no issue regarding pts clawback?
Citi does not do clawbacks, or at least not that I am aware of on this card.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 3:52 pm

Citi does not do clawbacks, or at least not that I am aware of on this card.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 6:51 pm

You don't have to close the first set. My wife and I each have 3 at the moment. Personally, I would not get these cards more than 2-3 times a year, but that may just be me.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First of all, you have to make sure your points have already posted to Hilton HHonors (and to the correct account there! sometimes Citi makes mistakes with account number, so until you verify at HH, not just on your Citi statement, that you got the bonus points I would not close the card). If you haven't gotten to that point by day 64, then definitely don't close. If the points have posted correctly to HHonors already, then no, Citi doesn't clawback, no matter when after that you cancel the card.

Second, if you close before you apply for the new cards, they can't pull credit limit from the cards you just closed to the new cards. In some cases, that may turn out to cause you to be denied ("we cannot offer you more credit")! The better approach is to either close the cards many months before you apply for new ones (obviously not psosibly if you're trying to apply after 65 days), or else leave the previous cards open until you've been successfully issued new cards.

Btw, that's one possible hitch with applying every 65 days: It can take much more than 65 days for cancelled cards to return credit limit to your "pool"; and so you'll always be 2 to 4 cards' worth of credit limit "behind" at that rate. So depending on how much credit they're willing to offer you, that might put a limit on how often you can really apply for these cards (on a repeating basis).

(On the other hand, if you keep all the cards open, you'll eventually hit Citi's "you have too many open cards with us" situation. So therein's the dilemma when to cancel what if you want to keep applying every 65 days.)
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:44 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Originally Posted by User Name
I opened the two previous Citi cards in Dec 2011 and Apr 2012.

Prior to this latest round of apps, I have opened 8 cards this year:
You inspired me to apply for this card (again). I made it to step 5.

Step 5: Final Summary
Thank You!

Thank you isle-hawg for applying for CitiŽ Hilton HHonorsTM Visa SignatureŽ Card.

Your application is pending further review and we need additional information from you. Please call 1-866-606-2787 now to receive an immediate decision. Agents are available now to quickly complete the processing of your application.

Any advice? I have one Citi HH card since March 2012, I had another from a couple years before that. I have 2 other active Citi cards an AA and TYR.

EDIT: I called this morning and spoke with a very pleasant CSR who verified my address and phone number and then approved my card.

Last edited by isle-hawg; Nov 11, 2012 at 9:37 am
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:11 pm

Programs: A Few Here, A Few There
Originally Posted by isle-hawg
Any advice? I have one Citi HH card since March 2012, I had another from a couple years before that. I have 2 other active Citi cards an AA and TYR.
Give them a ring and see whats up, personally I've always been able to talk through getting approved. Might just need to move some figures around.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: BA, LM // HH, CP
50,000 Citi Hilton HHonors Visa

I applied for this Visa Signature card from this thread but received a Visa Gold. is this normal?
card doesn't look the same and now I worry about the bonus miles
Old Nov 11, 2012, 9:03 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Originally Posted by imslippy
I applied for this Visa Signature card from this thread but received a Visa Gold. is this normal?
card doesn't look the same and now I worry about the bonus miles
Call and verify your bonus.

"If you do not meet our criteria for the Visa Signature Card, your application may be processed for the VisaŽ Gold Card. The Visa Gold Card does not carry the same level of benefits as the Visa Signature Card."

Citi AA gives sames bonus for platinum/gold on their 50k promo. (My friend got 75k with Gold card in 2009/10)

--

Should I go for 2x 50k Visa, or 1 50k Visa + no-fee Amex, then upgrade it to Surpass?

Last edited by caGALINDO; Nov 11, 2012 at 9:10 am
Old Nov 11, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: BA, LM // HH, CP
50,000 Citi Hilton HHonors Visa

well, I wish they would've told me I was getting the gold card either when they approvedc my application, the follow up email, or the snail mail they sent me a few days before the actual card. sigh
if they tell me I get very little points is there even a point in keeping the card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.