Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2015, 3:42 am

Read 10 pages into the thread, and did a search. My apologies if this has been asked before:

I just booked a Choice room. Can I send in more than one BPG claim? One referring to OTA X, the other to OTA Y? Of course at best only one can get approved.

How strict is Choice in its matching room restrictions?

E.g. on Choice I book a flex double room (without breakfast) for 100 USD. I see a flex double room with breakfast on an OTA for 80 USD.

Are they strict? Or fair enough to acknowledge that cheaper price + free breakfast is even better than only cheaper price?
Old Apr 13, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by 336
Read 10 pages into the thread, and did a search. My apologies if this has been asked before:

I just booked a Choice room. Can I send in more than one BPG claim? One referring to OTA X, the other to OTA Y? Of course at best only one can get approved.

How strict is Choice in its matching room restrictions?

E.g. on Choice I book a flex double room (without breakfast) for 100 USD. I see a flex double room with breakfast on an OTA for 80 USD.

Are they strict? Or fair enough to acknowledge that cheaper price + free breakfast is even better than only cheaper price?
If it's different, it's different. Likely you will get a rejection.

And you can only submit one claim for a room.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:30 am

I'm taking my first chance at Choice.

I booked a room on the Choice website, and filled a BRG claim. One hour after my reservation, I realised that the number of adults was incorrect. I cancelled, rebooked, and filled in another claim.

12 hours after my initial reservation I get a mail back for the first BRG. Obviously not approved, since I do no longer have a valid reservation.

Currently it is over 24 hours after the second reservation. Is this time discrepancy normal? There was less than an hour between the initial reservation, and the rebooking.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 12:58 pm

Hmm, looks like their Best Rate Guarantee is more of a Best Flex Guarantee.

Too bad no one is interested in a rate a few hours more flexible. Too bad they can market this as a price guarantee.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:17 pm

3. If there is a rate available on a Choice Website that is the same or lower than the Competing Rate, that rate will be offered for the entire Booking and you will not be eligible to receive the first night free.
What is the definition of a Choice website? What about the website of the hotel itself?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:20 pm

yesterday I submitted a claim for 2 night reservation. Today I got a reply that my rate was indeed lower and the reservation is eligible for a free night. Then they are saying that they separated my reservation into two, with two different numbers. One is full price and another is $0. I got confirmations for both reservations and both of them reflecting free cancellation until the check-in day. My question is can I now cancel the full price reservation and just keep the free night, or that will somehow cancel both of them?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:23 pm

This is too strange, I just tested the BRG link today and it went to 403 error again, and others are submitting just fine? Argh... what gives...unless it's my "info/data" that caused the 403 error?

Form I used is
http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-...l/BestRateForm
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
This is too strange, I just tested the BRG link today and it went to 403 error again, and others are submitting just fine? Argh... what gives...unless it's my "info/data" that caused the 403 error?

Form I used is
http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-...l/BestRateForm
I used the link that is on the confirmation page - "Thank you for booking, your confirmation number is ###", then when you scroll down there is a button "Best Rate Guarantee" close to the bottom of the page. Check is you have a link in your confirmation email.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:32 am

Is it possible that somewhere in the form which errored you used a % sign?

I made a BRIG claim, but was denied because the third party website does not specify the type of bedding (twin/double) whereas Choice does. Even though there is no price difference on the Choice website. I tried booking both, and filling in a claim for each one of them, to no avail.

Next, I tried a BRIG on which there was no discussion that everything matched, but, since it was bed and breakfast, it was denied. I repeatedly asked why breakfast rates are excluded, but I never got a real answer. They copy/pasted a section out of their terms and conditions:
"The Best Internet Rate Guarantee does not apply to:

Negotiated rates and any other rates not available to the public, such as group rates, package rates, coupons, motor club, membership rates (including AARP) and Government Rates;"
and bolded the words "package rate". Perhaps they are not that familiar with how the process of "reading" works. It is certainly not selectively disregarding some words to make a sentence which fits your own needs.

I moved on again, and settled for a room without breakfast. No answer for over 72 hours. I did receive the confirmation that they got my claim.

To be continued...
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:58 am

I tried remove any % or & or - in the textbox, still failed
but then I tried to re-enter everything manually (instead of using fill-form app), then it went through (yah)

Not sure what really was the issue, because I've tried entering everything manually before too and it failed
Anyway, glad to see it went through and now hoping for approval

Thanks for all the help, it's good to confirm the URL IS working for others
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:14 pm

17 hours later, my BRG is accepted against Expedia.ca BAR rate, woo hoo, thanks to all
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:51 pm

Booked a non-refundable rate at choice and tried to compare it with a semi refundable rate at a third party website. They didn't accept the claim because its not exactly the same cancelation police.
Rate at third party website is better, IHG would accept that but choise not.
Old May 14, 2015, 9:00 am

Noob question, sorry...my travel dates changed & I'll have to cancel my validated brg. Once it's canceled, does it still count for the one brg/household/month limit?
Old May 14, 2015, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by cebee
Noob question, sorry...my travel dates changed & I'll have to cancel my validated brg. Once it's canceled, does it still count for the one brg/household/month limit?
No it does not. You would be able to then BRG again
Old May 14, 2015, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by robertwcook16
No it does not. You would be able to then BRG again
thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.