Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2015, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
So did Choice corporate offer you any sort of compensation?
Old Dec 18, 2015, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by nacho
So did Choice corporate offer you any sort of compensation?
No None at all
Old Dec 18, 2015, 7:36 am

Do you plan to follow up on this?
Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Do you plan to follow up on this?
I will send a letter to the corporate office to make sure that this is noted and some action against the hotel owner is taken.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by robertwcook16
I will send a letter to the corporate office to make sure that this is noted and some action against the hotel owner is taken.
Most likely, this property is already on its way to being dis-affiliated with Choice. Look for it to transition to another brand, or standalone, independent at some point soon.

While it never hurts to contact "corporate", your "harm" is limited. You should re-contact the BRG group and let them fight on your behalf, in advance of the stay. Though, if the BRG group does successfully get you free rooms, expect the worst rooms in the house.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by RobertTheTraveler
Most likely, this property is already on its way to being dis-affiliated with Choice. Look for it to transition to another brand, or standalone, independent at some point soon.

While it never hurts to contact "corporate", your "harm" is limited. You should re-contact the BRG group and let them fight on your behalf, in advance of the stay. Though, if the BRG group does successfully get you free rooms, expect the worst rooms in the house.
That is exactly my thought as well, therefore, I have made alternate plans and allowed them to cancel the reservation. The Choice agent did offer to get the rooms for me, but I chose not to have any issues on New years eve day upon checkin, probably ending up in a broom closet.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 4:24 pm

This is a first, after submitting

We're sorry...
... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears that your computer or network has been infected.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again soon.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
just got off the phone with choice about a reservation for new years eve in center city philadelphia at the rodeway inn. I had gotten a successful brg claim approved for 2 rooms for the night. I decided today to call to confirm those rooms.
never.

Ever.

Call.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:26 pm

That is exactly my thought as well, therefore, I have made alternate plans and allowed them to cancel the reservation. The Choice agent did offer to get the rooms for me, but I chose not to have any issues on New years eve day upon checkin, probably ending up in a broom closet.
I have now been accused of creating a fake website so that I could submit a claim to Choice by the owner as a response to my review on Tripadvisor.

Rodeway2015, Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this review, today
As you know you scammed CHOICE three times previous with your bogus website. This time it snuck through and after the hotel re-acted you called CHOICE and when they saw the previous attempts they basically told you to go away.

FYI - When you scam over and over use a different name. We are proud of our Best Rate Internet guarantee but for the program to have integrity means not letting scams sneak through is important.

Happy New Year!

Funny that the site I was comparing against was Priceline. I really don't think it would be too easy to make a fake Priceline website.

Last edited by robertwcook16; Dec 22, 2015 at 6:43 pm
Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
So, are they correct? Are you trying to scam the system?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:57 pm

Reading other reviews on TA, this seems like par for the course for this property.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by lougord99
So, are they correct? Are you trying to scam the system?
No i am not scamming their system. The website i claimed lower was Priceline. I dont think Priceline is a fake website that i made up. When Choice BRG approves a free night, they are pretty vigilant at making sure it is a valid rate on another website.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 8:16 pm

Don't bother with the form that is provided in the RG page (it is a PDF and on Chrome I was able to fill it out but couldn't figure out how to send it out).
Here is the fom:
https://secure.choicehotels.com/ires...l/BestRateForm
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:30 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
No i am not scamming their system. The website i claimed lower was Priceline. I dont think Priceline is a fake website that i made up. When Choice BRG approves a free night, they are pretty vigilant at making sure it is a valid rate on another website.
I don't see your review on TA... Is it possible that the hotel ask TA to remove some bad review ?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 10:18 pm

I still see it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.