Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by DealAddict
No, they are usually fast.
Yes, I think there was a problem.

Meantime I cancelled my reservation, made a new one, and submited again (but throught email and not with the former online form).

I had a reply 12 hours later (just a few minutes ago): claim valid.

I'm happy with the result, but the submission process is not clear.

Last edited by friendly45; Jan 8, 2016 at 3:48 pm
Old Jan 10, 2016, 6:44 pm

The rate has not even changed. It's still available; they are just claiming they cannot see it (for both properties), even though it is still there....
What ever happened to your claim about the Cambria one.....did you ever get approved and what Choice agent claimed/denied that they couldn't find the rate.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by hilltop15
What ever happened to your claim about the Cambria one.....did you ever get approved and what Choice agent claimed/denied that they couldn't find the rate.

Denied several times with different agents (Mike, Jared, who is usually good for approvals) for both Cambria properties. Claimed the rate was the same as what I booked. Comparison website was booking.com

They must not want to give away free nights at those properties.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:01 pm

Denied several times with different agents (Mike, Jared, who is usually good for approvals) for both Cambria properties. Claimed the rate was the same as what I booked. Comparison website was booking.com

My friend was also denied the other day, provided the exact link as to how he found the rate, booking.com rate 332.10, choice at 369.00, they said they weren't seeing it. He even called booking.com in London/u.k. and they confirmed to him the same rates that were on the website. Looks like Choice is starting to play games like IHG.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:18 pm

Has anyone had claims approved recently where the cancellation terms were the same but the OTA required pre-payment. In my experience, claims of this type have been denied even thoug the cancellation terms were exactly the same
Old Jan 16, 2016, 6:51 am

Another successful BRG for a suite at Comfort Inn St Pancras Kings Cross in London (different date).
Old Jan 19, 2016, 10:41 am

Can I use Hoteling ?
Is it possble to book a Hotel with Person A and B.
One time A is the requester and the other time B but A and B are staying?
Are both names noted down anywhere?

Thank you in advance !
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:32 pm

Same deal with the Distrikt hotel in NYC. Lower rate listed on booking.com; agent claims it's the same rate as what's on Choice.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:12 am

Keep in mind they sometimes say, the cheaper discounted rate on OTAs like booking.com is a special 'daily' deal and they are using the crossed out rate for comparison. Orbitz does exactly the same....
Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by fuyao
Keep in mind they sometimes say, the cheaper discounted rate on OTAs like booking.com is a special 'daily' deal and they are using the crossed out rate for comparison. Orbitz does exactly the same....
They just say they don't see a lower rate on booking.com.

Oh well... you win some you lose some.

They did approve another BRG for NYC at the Gatsby Hotel using booking.com.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Same deal with the Distrikt hotel in NYC. Lower rate listed on booking.com; agent claims it's the same rate as what's on Choice.
Rest assured, you didn't miss much at the Distrikt. I had an approved brg there for a large, high floor Grand View King room in May. When I checked in they only had a regular room for me on the second floor with scaffolding in front of the window.
When I showed them my reservation confirmation, fo boldly told me it didn't matter.. second floor or nothing. I emailed the GM, lot of yada yada, bottom line was "you didn't lose out of pocket money" so there was no problem in the end.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Stealthmode
Rest assured, you didn't miss much at the Distrikt. I had an approved brg there for a large, high floor Grand View King room in May. When I checked in they only had a regular room for me on the second floor with scaffolding in front of the window.
When I showed them my reservation confirmation, fo boldly told me it didn't matter.. second floor or nothing. I emailed the GM, lot of yada yada, bottom line was "you didn't lose out of pocket money" so there was no problem in the end.
I have a BRG for 3 rooms at the Gatsby in March; Hope they don't do the same thing to me...
Old Jan 26, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
I have a BRG for 3 rooms at the Gatsby in March; Hope they don't do the same thing to me...
Check your reservation occasionally in your online account, and be sure to check in early. I arrived somewhere around midnight which put me in a tight spot for arguing.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 6:13 pm

MainStay Suites Pittsburgh International Airport

Successful BRG received within a few hours of submission for MainStay Suites Pittsburgh International Airport. Used booking.com

Last edited by DCAIAD12; Jan 31, 2016 at 6:13 pm Reason: Addition
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
I can't seem to get choice hotels in my area on booking.com, am i doing something wrong?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.