Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: LH, BA, Panera Bread
Does anyone know, how long the response rate is at the moment?

Waiting now for 40 hours...
Old Nov 4, 2015, 10:26 pm

the last 2 claim they all response since choice website have lower rate(non-refundable rate), they will just change me to lower rate without give me the free night , don't want to argue since technically they can say competitor website cancellation policy is different, I think these chain hotels did by purpose, choice website is 12AM and priceline is 6PM
Old Nov 11, 2015, 6:17 pm

Finally got a free night with Choice in NYC at the Comfort Inn Financial District... Not fancy, but at least it's new....They are very strict with their conditions.

Very fast response rate at the moment
Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:00 pm

And another free night... in Stockholm.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ENOTTY
Send the PDF as an attachment to [email protected]
I'm bumping this since the new website sucks - I wasn't able to submit the form either. Thanks for the email.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
I'm bumping this since the new website sucks - I wasn't able to submit the form either. Thanks for the email.
This form still works

https://secure.choicehotels.com/ires...estRateConfirm
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:31 am
Suspended

Thanks! I was looking for that form last night and couldn't seem to find it! It is much better than the form-fill pdf page (seems to function with only certain browsers, if it functions at all).

I'm still not getting confirmations on my bookings, but when I go to the website and look up a reservation it's there. I guess they will never, ever fix the website. This is the new Choice.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by DealAddict
I dont like the new form either. What you can do is with the new form is
Use the Save AS feature, then send an email with the Save AS form as an attachement.
I have done that Since Sept 2015. It has worked. A bit of a headache...but it works.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:30 pm

Anyone know if I can book choice hotels for same dates in two different cities? I want to book know for both because both cities are about to sell out and I want time to decide witch I really wan. Thoughts anyone? thanks
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:18 pm

Sent in a BRG at 3:00 pm, was approved at 7:33 pm. ^
Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:53 pm

YYZ BRG
submitted 5:33 pm at https://secure.choicehotels.com/ires...estRateConfirm
approved 8:16 pm, under 3 hours, I'm impressed
Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:58 pm

Just got off the phone with Choice about a reservation for New Years Eve in Center City Philadelphia at the Rodeway Inn. I had gotten a successful BRG claim approved for 2 rooms for the night. I decided today to call to confirm those rooms. After confirming the reservation was in place, the front desk person put me on hold. He comes back on the line to tell me that they will not be honoring the reservations and will be canceling them. He had spoken with his manager and the manger said that they do not honor such a thing and that they have had a lot of people scamming for rooms. I explained that this is Choice Hotel's policy and guarantee and they should be honoring it. There was no budging on his part, He even proceeded to tell me how a fake website can be made to get a claim approved and that they are independently owned and do not have to abide by Choice's policies. I decided I would take it up with Choice corporate and they did call the hotel after one of the rooms had already been cancelled. They spoke with the manager and he cancelled the other room as well. They will be making a report of this property and it's negligence to abide by Choice's guarantee. She was also told that I am now banned from staying at his hotel !!!!!!!
I have never even stayed at this hotel and never have met this man. I am appalled at the treatment of customers and would stay away from the Rodeway Inn Center City for any BRG claims. They will not be honored...
Old Dec 17, 2015, 5:00 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
So, why did you throw in the face of the hotel??? You had a free room that would have been honored. Now you must fight for it.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by lougord99
So, why did you throw in the face of the hotel??? You had a free room that would have been honored. Now you must fight for it.
Maybe because he did not want to be out of luck the night he check in ?
By the way, please name the hotel and let a precise report on tripadvisor / google...
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Maybe because he did not want to be out of luck the night he check in ?
By the way, please name the hotel and let a precise report on tripadvisor / google...
It was the Rodeway Inn Center City Philadelphia. And I did not want to chance having no room for my friends and I on New Year's Eve. I figured if I fight for the reservation nothing good could come of that once I checked into probably the worst room in the place. After further investigation, I have discovered the place has some very shady practices, such as charging your credit card 48 hrs before checkin for all guests and notoriously canceling reservations without notification. I will be posting this info on tripadvisor, as well as Yelp.

Also, the room would NOT have been honored at all according to the desk agent I spoke with and the owner/manager of the property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.