Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Undocumented aliens Allowed To Fly On Commericial Flights Without ID

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Undocumented aliens Allowed To Fly On Commericial Flights Without ID

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by catocony
If the kids are sick, they most likely got sick here. Any sizable group of kids in close quarters is going to have some colds, sore throats and the like. Nothing to be alarmed about, but a lot of folks act like these kids are either gangsters or carrying Ebola. Possibly both. That's stupid, but it's a waste of time to argue with them. They believe what they want to believe, facts or no facts.
So this story is false?

http://www.10news.com/news/questions...s-hospitalized

No mention of Ebola in this story. Where did you get that information?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
I'm sure that story is true. I'm sure that some of the kids have scabies and/or lice. Just like a lot of kids their ages have scabies and/or lice.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:44 pm

I'm sure that story is true. I'm sure that some of the kids have scabies and/or lice. Just like a lot of kids their ages have scabies and/or lice.
Exactly. No doubt a few with ADD as well.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by zombietooth
So this story is false?

http://www.10news.com/news/questions...s-hospitalized

No mention of Ebola in this story. Where did you get that information?
False? No, the story is 100% accurate -- the Border Patrol Union, whose members who couldn't get a job anywhere else and are infamous for their aggressive xenophobia, and none of whom could pass a basic high school biology exam, believe there is a health risk arising from alien children. That's a true statement. So what? No doubt a good number of them also believe Elvis is alive, the earth is 6000 years old, and it's flat.

Great wish washy headline, too "Questions Swirl"! As in, "Questions Swirl as military again denies having secret contact with Martians"
Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: BA/AA/UA
Originally Posted by cbn42
TSA does not record ID information at the checkpoint. All the TSA does is verify that the name on the boarding pass matches the ID.
Then why on earth did the lady at EWR spend several minutes closely examining both sides of my drivers license? Never mind that (judging from her poor command of English) she is an immigrant and I'm native-born.

If the kids are sick, they most likely got sick here.
How on earth do you know this?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by China Clipper
Then why on earth did the lady at EWR spend several minutes closely examining both sides of my drivers license? Never mind that (judging from her poor command of English) she is an immigrant and I'm native-born.

How on earth do you know this?
These aren't refugee flights out of the Sudan where you throw people onto a transport. These kids have been caught, processed, and detained for a while. If they were sick when they arrived, they would have been isolated immediately.

Now, did they pick up something on the walk and didn't become symptomatic until well after they hit the border? That would be impossible to say, but it's not like they were crawling up to the fence line, getting nabbed by Border Patrol and then thrown on the next plane.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:00 am

These aren't refugee flights out of the Sudan where you throw people onto a transport. These kids have been caught, processed, and detained for a while. If they were sick when they arrived, they would have been isolated immediately.

Now, did they pick up something on the walk and didn't become symptomatic until well after they hit the border? That would be impossible to say, but it's not like they were crawling up to the fence line, getting nabbed by Border Patrol and then thrown on the next plane.
Not sure why it's necessary to explain the obvious to some people.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Quarantine Working Well?

http://news.yahoo.com/arrest-warrant...192756320.html
Old Jul 25, 2014, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Blogndog
Not sure why it's necessary to explain the obvious to some people.
It does get tiresome.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Jeh Johnson's IG Worried About "TB, chicken pox and scabies".

http://www.oig.dhs.gov/assets/Mgmt/2...n_Ali_Chil.pdf

Gee, I guess it might not be xenophobia.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 8:40 am

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...o-Appear-Forms

"If the TSA and Ross Feinstein were allowed to continue lying to the American Public, it could have resulted in the next terrorist attack on American soil. We hope that terrorists did not enter our country while TSA was violating these security protocols and while Ross Feinstein continued to deny their actions," Garza said. "Shame on Ross Feisnten and the TSA for lying to the American Public and for saying that border patrol agents, the NBPC and Brandon Darby were liars."
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:49 pm

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Originally Posted by Spiff
No one should ever have to show ID of any kind to a government employee as a condition of being a passenger on a commercial airline.
Do you show your driver license at the Hertz counter?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Minos
Renting a car is very different than getting on an airplane. In fact, the only place I think you should show ID is at a car rental facility, since you must have a valid drivers license to drive.

You don't need a drivers license to sit on an airplane for an hour or fifteen.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:32 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Minos
He said that "no one should ever have to show ID of any kind to a government employee as a condition of being a passenger on a commercial airline. "

Hertz is not the government, and Hertz employees are generally not government employees. Hertz isn't even a commercial airline. Hertz doesn't even generally require non-driving passengers to show ID.

Want to compare pork to apples? It's like your comparison of TSA to Hertz.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:33 am

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
But yeah, it's like totally cool that we've got an actual TSA person here on the board to tell us what their policy really is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.