Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
As of Oct 2019, offer is as follows:

• $200 (20K UR points) for $500 spend in first 3 months.
  • No annual fees.
  • This is the best available offer since the past few years.
  • Public Application Link

What can I do with Chase Freedom Ultimate Rewards (UR) points?

• Transfer them to a Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Ink Business UR points at 1:1. If you own one of those cards, this is probably the best option for you.
  • Redeem for cash back (statement credit or to a checking account), 1 cent per UR point. So, the 20K UR points for signing up will get you $200 cash back. This is generally the default option if you do not own a Sapphire or Ink card.
  • Redeem them for various gift cards, or shop with points at Amazon.com (usually same value as cash back, eg. $25 for 2500 UR).
  • Book flights/hotels/car rental/activities through Ultimate Rewards, and pay in full or in part using points (1 cent per UR).

More info here: http://thepointsguy.com/2015/09/maxi...hase-trifecta/

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Print Wikipost

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by wco81
OK, got my 20000 points.

Most people are going for the statement credit or transferring to combine with their Chase Sapphire Preferred points?
I transferred to UR and I think most people here do so. You can do the same things with it as UR and more, so makes perfect sense.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:50 pm

Most people are going for the statement credit or transferring to combine with their Chase Sapphire Preferred points?
You'll get more value from partner redemptions than from statement credits. See extensive discussion in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I transferred to UR and I think most people here do so. You can do the same things with it as UR and more, so makes perfect sense.
You mean transfer or combine it with your CSP balance so that you can redeem for UA miles for instance?

The web interface lets me select "from" and "to" accounts to combine the points so as long as I set the CSP as the "to" account, I should then be able to transfer to my MP account for instance?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
You mean transfer or combine it with your CSP balance so that you can redeem for UA miles for instance?

The web interface lets me select "from" and "to" accounts to combine the points so as long as I set the CSP as the "to" account, I should then be able to transfer to my MP account for instance?
Log in to your Freedom UR account and transfer to our CSP. Then from your CSP UR account transfer to UA.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by fr33b13
Would Chase approve a Chase Freedom Visa app and give me the sign on bonus if I already have the Chase Freedom MC from yonder?
Originally Posted by bribro
I'm not sure. Why don't you give it a shot and report back? You could say you wanted a Freedom card with the Visa Signature benefits.
They did not give me a new Chase Freedom stating I already had one. I tried to get a Visa Sig when I had a Mastercard. They told me I had to close my Mastercard. It's my oldest CC so I decided to keep it open and let it get converted to a Visa. The rep did say that the system denied me before doing a credit pull. I don't use Credit Karma or any service so I don't have a way to verify it, but the CSR was pretty sure of it.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 6:39 pm

Can anyone confirm that buying gas at a Safeway gas station (attached to a grocery store) counts for the 5% bonus category?
Old Nov 15, 2014, 9:05 am

Freedom bonus increasing 11/16?

Just came from a branch. They mentioned a new campaign starting on 11/16, $200 sign up bonus for Freedom. Not sure if it will be fully open or branch only, but potentially something to consider...
Old Nov 17, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by Corelli
Just came from a branch. They mentioned a new campaign starting on 11/16, $200 sign up bonus for Freedom. Not sure if it will be fully open or branch only, but potentially something to consider...
Just checked the link, and the active offer online is the $200 after $500 spend. There is also a $25 bonus for adding an AU.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:22 pm

The wiki says "$200 (10K UR points)" it should be "$200 (20K UR points)"
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by fckzzz
The wiki says "$200 (10K UR points)" it should be "$200 (20K UR points)"

The Wiki can be edited by anyone.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:36 pm
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
How do you get a referral link (to refer a friend)? I looked around the site and can't seem to find one. Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:06 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
is it possible to get and hold multiple Freedom cards? I already have one (a Visa) but I’d like to pick another one up if I can. I know that back when they switched over from Mastercard to Visa, that you could hold 2 Freedoms since they were considered ‘different’ products. and I also know that the bonus can only be had once every 24 months for any given ‘product.’

I suppose I may have just answered my own Q, but if anyone else has any other insights that’d be much appreciated as a heads up. always good to have as many no AF cards as possible.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:03 am

Has anyone tried to use the referral link through Chase to send this offer to friends? You get $50 per referral. I tried sending this to several friends last night but nobody has received the email link yet. I went back and read that it may take a week to receive the email. What??? That makes no sense to me. Does anyone have experience with this? How long does it take to receive the email? Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by rundrc
Has anyone tried to use the referral link through Chase to send this offer to friends? You get $50 per referral. I tried sending this to several friends last night but nobody has received the email link yet. I went back and read that it may take a week to receive the email. What??? That makes no sense to me. Does anyone have experience with this? How long does it take to receive the email? Thanks!

How did you get "several" friends interested? Every one I know is terrified of applying for one new CC and is close-minded to this.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by yukon50
How did you get "several" friends interested? Every one I know is terrified of applying for one new CC and is close-minded to this.
LOL! Yeah, just because I sent them the link, doesn't mean that they will apply. But it would help if they actually got the link!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.