Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
As of Oct 2019, offer is as follows:

• $200 (20K UR points) for $500 spend in first 3 months.
  • No annual fees.
  • This is the best available offer since the past few years.
  • Public Application Link

What can I do with Chase Freedom Ultimate Rewards (UR) points?

• Transfer them to a Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Ink Business UR points at 1:1. If you own one of those cards, this is probably the best option for you.
  • Redeem for cash back (statement credit or to a checking account), 1 cent per UR point. So, the 20K UR points for signing up will get you $200 cash back. This is generally the default option if you do not own a Sapphire or Ink card.
  • Redeem them for various gift cards, or shop with points at Amazon.com (usually same value as cash back, eg. $25 for 2500 UR).
  • Book flights/hotels/car rental/activities through Ultimate Rewards, and pay in full or in part using points (1 cent per UR).

More info here: http://thepointsguy.com/2015/09/maxi...hase-trifecta/

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Print Wikipost

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
https://creditcards.chase.com/freedommobile?FM4R=Y71UH0

10% back from November 23 for 4th quarter. Clock resets so if you've already maxed out you'll go back to zero and can max again. Nice way to net a total of 22.5k UR.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 6:02 am

Looks like they increased the sign up bonus from $100 to $150. I just got my card 2 weeks ago under the $100 promotion.

Reading past posts here, it appears that if I send them a secure message about getting the $150 bonus, there's a chance that they might approve. Should I wait until i complete the $500 spending before asking, or should I ask first ASAP? i.e. will not having used the card much yet affect their response negatively?
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:13 am

Declined for "too many accounts open in the last 2 years" and apparently that's not one that can be overwritten. So much for my idea of closing down my Chase Ink Business card while keeping UR points...
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by trufle
Looks like they increased the sign up bonus from $100 to $150. I just got my card 2 weeks ago under the $100 promotion.

Reading past posts here, it appears that if I send them a secure message about getting the $150 bonus, there's a chance that they might approve. Should I wait until i complete the $500 spending before asking, or should I ask first ASAP? i.e. will not having used the card much yet affect their response negatively?
I got Freedom along with Sapphire back in September. They got both bonuses matched. It looks like once you ask they will honor requests without any consideration. Cheers!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by highlanderfil
Declined for "too many accounts open in the last 2 years"
I'm guessing you made the mistake of calling.

If so, this should serve as a warning to others.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:36 am

Smile

Originally Posted by LostPanda
I got Freedom along with Sapphire back in September. They got both bonuses matched. It looks like once you ask they will honor requests without any consideration. Cheers!
Sent them a secure message, they approved the extra 5000 points. :-:
Old Nov 22, 2015, 2:21 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
I recently applied for and received this card. The 10% bonus on Amazon is amazing, especially considering there's no annual fee.

1% on other purchases is a bit low, so I'll probably use other cards when making purchases that don't fall under a Chase Freedom bonus category.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by beltway
I'm guessing you made the mistake of calling.

If so, this should serve as a warning to others.
So...should I not call? Applied this morning and got a confirmation screen with an application number saying I should call and answer some more questions to finalize. Is that a trap?

I have great credit, but may be pushing the 5/24 limit if you factor in AUs.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, HH, National
I applied for this today and just got a screen saying your application is under review and did not get a reference number. I've only had three applications within the last two years. When I called, it looks like it doesn't even show up in their system and one rep said to apply again and another said to call back tomorrow.

Has anyone had a situation like this happen?

I also applied for the CSP and got instant approval for that today (that's included in the 3 apps in the last 24 months).
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:42 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
I got my credit card just before the increase to $150 (15k UR), so I sent them a secure message asking if I can be eligible for the increased bonus.

They replied within an hour, and said I'll get 15k UR My question is: What is the best use of these UR points if Freedom is the only Chase card I have?

I have also updated the wiki with the new offer. Any idea how to update the title?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Xlr
I got my credit card just before the increase to $150 (15k UR), so I sent them a secure message asking if I can be eligible for the increased bonus.

They replied within an hour, and said I'll get 15k UR My question is: What is the best use of these UR points if Freedom is the only Chase card I have?

I have also updated the wiki with the new offer. Any idea how to update the title?
Only a mod can update the title. If you think there's a real need, click the red triangle in any post in the thread to alert a mod and let them know
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Xlr
...My question is: What is the best use of these UR points if Freedom is the only Chase card I have?...
I wrote an article about this yesterday. With Freedom only, there are a few redemption options, but all are worth 1 cent per point. Redeeming for a statement credit is the most convenient, IMO. You can also hold points, apply for Sapphire Preferred, which will give you more valuable travel related transfer options.

The following is a link to my blog article with more detailed info...

http://pointsyak.com/basics/chase-fr...w-your-points/
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:29 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Only a mod can update the title. If you think there's a real need, click the red triangle in any post in the thread to alert a mod and let them know
Moderator action: Title updated to reflect new offer. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:38 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Question about how it works w/ a spouse w/ the card... My wife has the Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, and Ink Plus card. She's a master of the UR points.

I don't have any UR earning cards in my name. If I get the Chase Freedom for ME, can I transfer the points to HER, which would be UR points? I'm not sure if this would work, as my understanding is that in order for a Chase Freedom card to get UR points, I must also have a Sapphire Preferred or Ink Plus card.

Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Question about how it works w/ a spouse w/ the card... My wife has the Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, and Ink Plus card. She's a master of the UR points.

I don't have any UR earning cards in my name. If I get the Chase Freedom for ME, can I transfer the points to HER, which would be UR points? I'm not sure if this would work, as my understanding is that in order for a Chase Freedom card to get UR points, I must also have a Sapphire Preferred or Ink Plus card.
You can earn UR with your Freedom card & transfer to any of your wife's UR accounts.

Note: to transfer her UR points to a partner account (e.g., for an airline FFP) in your name, you must be an AU on her applicable Chase card account. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-accounts.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.