Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
As of Oct 2019, offer is as follows:

• $200 (20K UR points) for $500 spend in first 3 months.
  • No annual fees.
  • This is the best available offer since the past few years.
  • Public Application Link

What can I do with Chase Freedom Ultimate Rewards (UR) points?

• Transfer them to a Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Ink Business UR points at 1:1. If you own one of those cards, this is probably the best option for you.
  • Redeem for cash back (statement credit or to a checking account), 1 cent per UR point. So, the 20K UR points for signing up will get you $200 cash back. This is generally the default option if you do not own a Sapphire or Ink card.
  • Redeem them for various gift cards, or shop with points at Amazon.com (usually same value as cash back, eg. $25 for 2500 UR).
  • Book flights/hotels/car rental/activities through Ultimate Rewards, and pay in full or in part using points (1 cent per UR).

More info here: http://thepointsguy.com/2015/09/maxi...hase-trifecta/

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Print Wikipost

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mtbmtb01
if I already have a freedom card, will chase let me get a second card and get the bonus w/o cancelling my present account or is it a one time shot?
No. But if your freedom does not have long history, it might be worthwhile to cancel it and wait for the next offer - the $100 offer seems very frequent with the $200 offer once or twice a year.

Unlike us, we have our freedom cards are approaching their 10 years anniversary, that are converted from other Chase cards long time ago and never receive any bonus. But they are the "relationship builders" with Chase, so we keep them and forgo the periodic lucrative bonuses.

If anyone knows a good choice to convert the Freedom to other no fee Chase cards, I am all ears!
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA, A3, TK, Marriott, IHG, Hertz
anyone knows if the $200 deal is going to come back?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by cacohenassaf
anyone knows if the $200 deal is going to come back?
Did you read the Wiki? Hint: the $200 deal is on NOW.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:05 am

Programs: UA, A3, TK, Marriott, IHG, Hertz
Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
thank you, the link to this thread is showing the wrong amount on the master thread. fixed now FYI

Last edited by cacohenassaf; Dec 4, 2014 at 9:39 pm
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
We rename the site: readwikifirst.com
Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:13 am

I have a Chase Freedom Visa and I received the bonus over 2 years ago. I'm planning to close it immediately after my newest statement so that some UR points from Amazon purchases post to my account.

What is the wait required to reapply so that Chase will recognize that I am no longer a current cardholder? I'm guessing the current offer expires around the end of the year, similar to last year.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: SW RR
Is 20,000pts the largest bonus anyone has seen on this card?

I read somewhere there was a 30K bonus. But you needed to be a special customer or something.

I want to get the card eventually (don't really need right now), but if 20K is the largest it gets, I will just go for it.

Thanks
Old Dec 5, 2014, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by vegaslover8
Is 20,000pts the largest bonus anyone has seen on this card?

I read somewhere there was a 30K bonus. But you needed to be a special customer or something.

I want to get the card eventually (don't really need right now), but if 20K is the largest it gets, I will just go for it.

Thanks
There was once a 30K offer I think.

Folks I think I saw some referral links for an additional 5K, so consider that.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 1:32 pm

I cashed in the 30K offer a few months back.

I forgot to add the missus as an AU though and wonder if there would've been additional spend bonus.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Ketawa
I have a Chase Freedom Visa and I received the bonus over 2 years ago. I'm planning to close it immediately after my newest statement so that some UR points from Amazon purchases post to my account.

What is the wait required to reapply so that Chase will recognize that I am no longer a current cardholder? I'm guessing the current offer expires around the end of the year, similar to last year.
I closed my Chase Freedom on December 6. I checked Credit Karma today and it showed the account was officially closed on my credit report.

Earlier today, I applied for the Chase IHG Rewards. I rolled the dice and also applied for a new Chase Freedom today. I was approved, but with a miniscule $500 credit limit. It will be my 7th currently active Chase card.

I should be able to receive the bonus since I last received it in September 2012.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
There have been many reports that this offer will expire on Dec. 17, so i have updated the wiki and someone has updated the title.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:13 pm

Today is 12/18, I just applied for the deal and was approved instantly.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by sac86738
Today is 12/18, I just applied for the deal and was approved instantly.
Did you use the link in the wiki? When I click on it, it now shows the bonus as just 10,000 points.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by onthego15
Did you use the link in the wiki? When I click on it, it now shows the bonus as just 10,000 points.
Yes, used the wiki link above. And to my disbelief, you're absolutely right; I'm now seeing what you see. Looks like my application was a buzzer beater! LOL
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by sac86738
Yes, used the wiki link above. And to my disbelief, you're absolutely right; I'm now seeing what you see. Looks like my application was a buzzer beater! LOL
I hope you took a screenshot before you applied. Also, I would confirm with a csr that you're getting 20,000 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.