Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
As of Oct 2019, offer is as follows:

• $200 (20K UR points) for $500 spend in first 3 months.
  • No annual fees.
  • This is the best available offer since the past few years.
  • Public Application Link

What can I do with Chase Freedom Ultimate Rewards (UR) points?

• Transfer them to a Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Ink Business UR points at 1:1. If you own one of those cards, this is probably the best option for you.
  • Redeem for cash back (statement credit or to a checking account), 1 cent per UR point. So, the 20K UR points for signing up will get you $200 cash back. This is generally the default option if you do not own a Sapphire or Ink card.
  • Redeem them for various gift cards, or shop with points at Amazon.com (usually same value as cash back, eg. $25 for 2500 UR).
  • Book flights/hotels/car rental/activities through Ultimate Rewards, and pay in full or in part using points (1 cent per UR).

More info here: http://thepointsguy.com/2015/09/maxi...hase-trifecta/

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Print Wikipost

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2014, 7:30 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by rgAAFT
Update my card was received with a chip today as agreed and expected so I suggest fallowing this process to receive your cards
No luck... Talked with a CSR and a supervisor and they both said that it is still in a "testing period" for select customers only. They told me to call back in a few months.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by ryanmcv
No luck... Talked with a CSR and a supervisor and they both said that it is still in a "testing period" for select customers only. They told me to call back in a few months.
Don't give up
As they say in the citi thread HUKA until you are able to find an agent willing to submit a "special request" to have the card issued due to urgent pending travel My supervisor CSR started the call by telling me the card was currently being bata tested but nonetheless as I say she was willing to issue me that card without much prompting from me
Good luck
Old Jul 8, 2014, 10:22 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by rgAAFT
Don't give up
As they say in the citi thread HUKA until you are able to find an agent willing to submit a "special request" to have the card issued due to urgent pending travel My supervisor CSR started the call by telling me the card was currently being bata tested but nonetheless as I say she was willing to issue me that card without much prompting from me
Good luck
Yeah, I'll call again tomorrow. The CSR mentioned that accounts being converted from MC to Visa are receiving EMV chips as new cards are issued. Not sure how true that is, but at least it's something to go off of.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by ryanmcv
Yeah, I'll call again tomorrow. The CSR mentioned that accounts being converted from MC to Visa are receiving EMV chips as new cards are issued. Not sure how true that is, but at least it's something to go off of.
If it helps, I have always had a visa version.
They may not have the option to put an EMV chip in a MasterCard, simular to the situation with the CSP
Old Jul 11, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
I just received a notification that my Freedom will change from MC to Visa with chip/signature. Didn't even realize that was an option, but I'm happy about it.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
I just received a notification that my Freedom will change from MC to Visa with chip/signature. Didn't even realize that was an option, but I'm happy about it.
Was this via SM or postal mail?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
Was this via SM or postal mail?
Via postal mail. They said the new card will arrive by Sept 15, although I'm hoping it comes sooner. What's changing includes:

Account number
Expiration date and security code
"embedded chip and signature feature for added security and wider acceptance outside the United State."
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:12 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
if I were you, I'd cancel the MC and get a bonus for the Freedom Visa assuming you've had this card for atleast 2 yrs.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by FTRox87
if I were you, I'd cancel the MC and get a bonus for the Freedom Visa assuming you've had this card for atleast 2 yrs.
You can do that??? Awesome, I'll look into it.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by FTRox87
You can do that??? Awesome, I'll look into it.
It's better than that, even. The MC & Visa are considered separate products for churning purposes. While Chase normally won't let you hold both simultaneously, you need not wait two years between them. The poster above is conflating two different rules (for churning a single product vs. applying for MC & Visa versions of a card).
Old Jul 12, 2014, 8:39 pm

Offer has been updated to $150 w/$500 spend within first three months. Same link as what is currently on the wiki - took a screenshot, pasted below

http://i.imgur.com/adwfd1l.png
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by trekx
Offer has been updated to $150 w/$500 spend within first three months. Same link as what is currently on the wiki - took a screenshot, pasted below

http://i.imgur.com/adwfd1l.png
Thanks!
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:58 pm

Seeing $150 on this link. Can anyone else collaborate?

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...38C4&CELL=63WS
Old Jul 13, 2014, 12:32 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
There's a landing page on the Chase site now for the $150 offer:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...e-freedom.aspx
Old Jul 13, 2014, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Why would you want to use a freedom in Europe? With the FT fee you'd only get ~2% even in bonus categories. Conversely the Barclay gets 2x all the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.