Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ddlo1982
is the 50k+5k deal dead? after logging into the account, all it shows is the 30k offer for me
Expired on June 2nd.

However you may try to do a flight search and see if a similar offer would show up. Your account must be targeted to see the 50K offer though.

For the longest time in the past, whenever I did a flight search even though it is for award purpose, the 50K offer popped up even though the public offer was 30K only.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:25 pm

To look for the 50k + 5k offer, instead of doing a flight search you can use this link https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW.

I then entered my MileagePlus number and it allowed me to apply. This was today.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
I applied 6/1 for the 50 plus 5k offer but the app went pending. Yesterday, I called, answered a few security questions and was approved. I should get the offer I applied for rather than the one that is currently being offered, right?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ecm1185
To look for the 50k + 5k offer, instead of doing a flight search you can use this link https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW.

I then entered my MileagePlus number and it allowed me to apply. This was today.
That means your MP account is targeted. People whose MP accounts are not targeted, a 50K link would redirect to a 30K link no matter how they try in all known mechanism. Such scenarios have been reported many many times over past year(s) in this thread.

Originally Posted by CJ99
I applied 6/1 for the 50 plus 5k offer but the app went pending. Yesterday, I called, answered a few security questions and was approved. I should get the offer I applied for rather than the one that is currently being offered, right?
Correct. as long as you applied thru the link that expired on 6/2.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Happy
That means your MP account is targeted. People whose MP accounts are not targeted, a 50K link would redirect to a 30K link no matter how they try in all known mechanism. Such scenarios have been reported many many times over past year(s) in this thread.

Correct. as long as you applied thru the link that expired on 6/2.
JUST SOME DATA --I tried the link as I was looking for the 50k for a friend -- it took me to 50k application page all pre filled in --what is strange--- I have open a personal n business exp card and a united club card
Old Jun 27, 2015, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SPLP007
JUST SOME DATA --I tried the link as I was looking for the 50k for a friend -- it took me to 50k application page all pre filled in --what is strange--- I have open a personal n business exp card and a united club card
Actually the link page CHANGED from the first time I looked at it. It was just a landing page of 50K a few days ago, WITHOUT requiring me to log in and brought up the Application screen when click Apply Now, as I mentioned in my previous post.

Tonight it shows 2 card images and requires to log in - it gives me a 30K offer after I logged in.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Actually the link page CHANGED from the first time I looked at it. It was just a landing page of 50K a few days ago, WITHOUT requiring me to log in and brought up the Application screen when click Apply Now, as I mentioned in my previous post.

Tonight it shows 2 card images and requires to log in - it gives me a 30K offer after I logged in.
RE tried now---when I am not logged into my UA acct. when i click on link it asks me to sign in -- i sign in and i get 50k offer -- then hit apply ,I see two cards -exp and club card- hit apply an takes me to application filled in --like I said -- i have all 3 untd cards still open ---- if i am logged into my UA acct same except no need for me to sign in --why i get 50k when i have all 3 untied cards i do not know -- anyway for me -end of story --I no need to apply
Old Jun 28, 2015, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SPLP007
RE tried now---when I am not logged into my UA acct. when i click on link it asks me to sign in -- i sign in and i get 50k offer -- then hit apply ,I see two cards -exp and club card- hit apply an takes me to application filled in --like I said -- i have all 3 untd cards still open ---- if i am logged into my UA acct same except no need for me to sign in --why i get 50k when i have all 3 untied cards i do not know -- anyway for me -end of story --I no need to apply
My husband's account also gets 50K. He also has an Explorer card.

Why shows the offer? Well some stupid souls would apply and think since now they are targeted they will get the bonus, despite their previous bonus are earned less than 24 months ago... Then they find out they would not get a bonus...

I would not think twice about it why it still shows the offer. However I do believe in order to see the 50K, your account must be targeted. Else you would not be able to see it.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 7:23 am
Suspended

Does anyone has any difficulty getting the $50 cashback. I saw the $50 posted within 1-2 days of 1st purchace on my dad's card, yet nothing on mine. I applied them using the same link (fake booking). I sent SM and was told that I don't use the correct link.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
United Mileage Plus Explorer - What kind of products changes avail?

United Mileage Plus Explorer

Our annual fee is coming up on the UMP and if we don't get a credit, I'm looking to switch it into some no fee Chase product. Our spend has been maybe $5-8k over the year on it, so not sure if they will step up for us.

What are potentials to product change it to?

Are there obvious lower level versions of the United card like the AA Bronze levels that are 'free'?

Freedom would be useful since we need one eventually, but I can't quite figure out how I would combine UR points between the spouses personal card and my business Ink Plus.

Thanks
Old Jul 10, 2015, 4:30 pm

https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-...ewards-new.htm

I believe that's your only downgrade option as I've read you can't PC from a branded card to an unbranded card, or between branded cards.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by akr1970akr
United Mileage Plus Explorer

Our annual fee is coming up on the UMP and if we don't get a credit, I'm looking to switch it into some no fee Chase product. Our spend has been maybe $5-8k over the year on it, so not sure if they will step up for us.

What are potentials to product change it to?

Are there obvious lower level versions of the United card like the AA Bronze levels that are 'free'?

Freedom would be useful since we need one eventually, but I can't quite figure out how I would combine UR points between the spouses personal card and my business Ink Plus.

Thanks
Once you get a freedom, you can transfer the UR points to the INK and thus transfer UR points to United or other chase partners. i would apply for the freedom card first then move credit from the united explorer card to the freedom so you won't lose that credit line and then close united explorer. This way you get bonus from freedom and keep credit line
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by t325
https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-...ewards-new.htm

I believe that's your only downgrade option as I've read you can't PC from a branded card to an unbranded card, or between branded cards.
Ok, that makes sense. We'll try that.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 5:48 am

Reasons to keep Chase UA MP Explorer Card after 1st year?

My AF is coming due for this card soon, and I am trying to decide on whether to keep this card or cancel/downgrade.

I've heard of more availability when searching for award seats as a perk of being a cardholder, but not sure of the details. I am in the Boston area, so I have plenty of airline options so I am not bound to flying United. Also I doubt I would spend enough on it within a year to get the 10K mile bonus.

What are good reasons to keep this card after the 1st year?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:02 am

Have not done myself, but seems like you can downgrade to a non-publicly offered Chase United CC that has no AF, but still allows you to earn United miles (albeit at a poor ratio) in order to keep them alive.

Anyone who has done this want to chime in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.