Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2013, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by vagrants
Got a Bold back in the middle of Apr. Called the # on the back 6/16, asked to match, on hold for a min, got the 10k bonus. She said that it'll be credited in 2 - 3 statement cycles, but the bonus was credited in 2 days. Love you, Chase.
+1
Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
I know that Chase has an "internal" limit of the credit they are willing to extend to a customer. Is there a separate limit for Personal and a different one for Business?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:49 pm

Chase appears to have new stringent rules for approval

Originally Posted by domino007
Have 2 Ink - last one approved in Dec 12. Was planning to close one of the Ink and applied for the Chase UA Biz card on 6/10/13 (as a part of AOR of 4 cards). Application rejected, called up 3 times - was told that chase can neither extend more credit nor closing the Ink will help.

I have been approved for 5 personal chase cards in last 12 months (+ 2 biz cards). Need to go slow.
Have a similar experience to share.

Have Ink Bold and Plus from 10-12 months ago and 4 personal Chase cards open from the last 13 months. Also have 5 more cards from other banks in 12 months. Till now never had a problem with my or wife's Chase applications during AORs in getting reconsideration to close other cards or shift credit lines and approve new cards.

But to start my AOR two weeks ago, applied for Ink Classic, Chase pulled Experian (which I keep frozen), in the past I was able to convince them to pull other bureaus. Experian shows 6 inquiries in last 12 months. But they specifically mentioned larger number of cards opened from all banks and rejected. The rules definitely seem to have changed in the last 2 months when my wife had her AOR and we were able to get 3 Chase cards (2 personal + 1 business) eventually approved through reconsideration. This time even after my 3 calls to reconsideration line they dont want to entertain any of my thoughts (close cards, reduce credit line) on why they should approve. They said wait 6-12 months before trying again, because that will build history on my other cards.

I wonder if its only their business lending department that has become stricter in enforcing this or personal too. Also I wonder in hindsight if I should have tried harder to get someone who would be willing to pull another bureau instead of giving them PIN to pull frozen Experian report.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by acinchus
Have a similar experience to share.

Have Ink Bold and Plus from 10-12 months ago and 4 personal Chase cards open from the last 13 months. Also have 5 more cards from other banks in 12 months. Till now never had a problem with my or wife's Chase applications during AORs in getting reconsideration to close other cards or shift credit lines and approve new cards.

But to start my AOR two weeks ago, applied for Ink Classic, Chase pulled Experian (which I keep frozen), in the past I was able to convince them to pull other bureaus. Experian shows 6 inquiries in last 12 months. But they specifically mentioned larger number of cards opened from all banks and rejected. The rules definitely seem to have changed in the last 2 months when my wife had her AOR and we were able to get 3 Chase cards (2 personal + 1 business) eventually approved through reconsideration. This time even after my 3 calls to reconsideration line they dont want to entertain any of my thoughts (close cards, reduce credit line) on why they should approve. They said wait 6-12 months before trying again, because that will build history on my other cards.

I wonder if its only their business lending department that has become stricter in enforcing this or personal too. Also I wonder in hindsight if I should have tried harder to get someone who would be willing to pull another bureau instead of giving them PIN to pull frozen Experian report.
Do you have any other accounts with chase besides CC; savings and or checking?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
I had success in getting Chase to match.

April 1: I applied for both Chase Ink Bold and Chase Ink Plus w/ 50k point offer
May 15: Had already hit $5k in spend on each and bonus points had posted
June 19, 7:30am: Emailed Chase to ask for them to match both cards to the 60k point offer
June 19, 11am: Already had response from Chase confirming that 10k extra points/card had been added to my account

If you're looking for screenshots/exactly what I said to get the bonus you can read the (very boring) post here: Getting Chase credit card bonuses matched retroactively
Old Jun 20, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jatink129
I know that Chase has an "internal" limit of the credit they are willing to extend to a customer. Is there a separate limit for Personal and a different one for Business?
No. They lump the 2 areas together based on my own experience. When I got my CSP MC, the rep mentioned the total number that included the biz side despite my "protest".
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:05 am

Chase - Chase - and Chase question...

I currently have the Chase Sapphire (no annual fee) and the Chase Preferred, (with the annual fee coming due soon.)

My plan is to apply for the Chase Ink Plus Business for the 60,000 with $5000 spend.

Should I cancel the Chase Sapphire and/or the Preferred? Also I want to be sure my points will transfer to the new card intact before making the move.

I also have an AAdvantage card but not doing as much traveling now as before so I cancelled my United card a few months ago. Credit score currently is very good.

Any tips will be appreciated...don't want to mess this up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:23 am

It's a toss up and a pretty simple one. The following scenarios is assuming you want to keep the Ink Plus long term...

Scenario A. If you do LOTS of travel (airline tickets, car rentals, train tickets), the CSP gives the 2x pts. I would keep both CSP and the Ink Plus.

Scenario B. If you dont do lots of travel (airlines, car rentals, train tickets), I would keep the regular sapphire (still has 2x dining but no 2x travel) in addition with the Ink Plus.

The Ink Plus gives 2x points on Hotel so it all comes down to 3 things: how much are u gonna spend on Airline tickets, car rentals, and train tickets...
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:02 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
It's a toss up and a pretty simple one. The following scenarios is assuming you want to keep the Ink Plus long term...

Scenario A. If you do LOTS of travel (airline tickets, car rentals, train tickets), the CSP gives the 2x pts. I would keep both CSP and the Ink Plus.

Scenario B. If you dont do lots of travel (airlines, car rentals, train tickets), I would keep the regular sapphire (still has 2x dining but no 2x travel) in addition with the Ink Plus.

The Ink Plus gives 2x points on Hotel so it all comes down to 3 things: how much are u gonna spend on Airline tickets, car rentals, and train tickets...
I would keep the Preferred, and downgrade (or apply for and close the Ink Plus) the Ink Classic, same bonus categories, with smaller limits for those categories, and no AF on the Classic.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 7:13 am

TL;DR InkBold Business Reconsideration Line says approval process will take a few weeks due to high volume.
--

Like others I applied for the Ink Bold this morning. I got the "Decision Pending, we'll contact you within 30 days message". I already have the Plus and Classic from last year.

I waited about 15 minutes before calling the business reconsideration line. I usually just call to ask "if anything is missing" to get them to process my app straight away. However, this time the CSR took my information, pulled my app and said that it needs to be reviewed by a credit analyst. He said everything looked in order, and nothing was missing, but they just had a VERY high workload right now and there was no way they could review it today. I countered that I'd be traveling soon and would like a decision sooner, he apologized and said that it couldn't be done today.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
I would keep the Preferred, and downgrade (or apply for and close the Ink Plus) the Ink Classic, same bonus categories, with smaller limits for those categories, and no AF on the Classic.
Personally I would do the same. But looks like this OP wants the 60K bonus. How long does he have to keep the Ink Plus before he can downgrade or cancel and still keep the 60K pts?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Personally I would do the same. But looks like this OP wants the 60K bonus. How long does he have to keep the Ink Plus before he can downgrade or cancel and still keep the 60K pts?
I don't think you can downgrade for a year, something about CC reform, but Amex is the only one I've heard that from....

Get Ink Plus now, in a year either downgrade or apply for AF free Ink Classic/Cash and keep that.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Denied for Ink Bold two months ago... When can I reapply?

I have opened 10 cards in the last 8 months... was denied because my business is too new and because I have opened too many cards in the last year (I suspect that my short credit history has an impact as well).

If I wait 6 months and keep my 3 chase cards open, will I have good chances to be approved? I am probably only applying to one card in the meantime (non chase).

thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2013, 6:37 pm

Programs: united
Applied a week ago and patiently waited for the response. I got the "sorry" letter yesterday stating that Chase could not verify my name of the company, tax ID, and proof of physical address.
From previous post, some one was sucessful in "planned" to have a company and was using his SSN and house address for his company.
Any advise when calling up the reconsideration line?
How can I "prove" that my company is in the "plan"?
Thanks in advance for the advices.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:52 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Called the automated line hoping for good news. Did 2 apps, one for husband, one for self. His status says "We will let you know in writing in 7-10 days" (possible gong?), and mine says "We received your application on June 22, we will let you know in 2 weeks". (possible good news?)

Same call in number. Same last name. His app was a couple days before mine.

Edited to add-- yup, "7-10 days in writing"= GONG! Husband got the reject letter today.

Last edited by StartinSanDiego; Jun 24, 2013 at 6:10 pm Reason: sadly, rejected

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.