Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Moderator note:
This thread was archived on 01 February 2015. You can follow the active discussion in the When is the next BA sale? thread.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Is the I7SALE just for North American destinations, or are others on sale too?
Old Aug 16, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Either the fares are still loading of this sale is not yet widespread but limited to BRU. And for those interested, the BRU-HNL run is now available again.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 9:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Oh dear, I am now looking at BRU-LHR-MIA-SFO-JFK-LCY-LHR-BRU as a possible trip early next year on ITA.

I had a look at BRU-LHR-LAX-HNL-LAX-LHR-BRU as well coming out at about €2180 in J - is that about right or is it available cheaper?
Old Aug 16, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: BA GGL
That sounds about right. It should work out around £1830. Remember, you can add additional sectors as you fly across the US, which won't add too much in terms of time, but will considerably increase the number of tier points you receive. Also, try pricing it with a return into LUX. You may find it comes out slightly cheaper...
Old Aug 16, 2013, 9:36 am

Thanks Filthy Monkey. Yep, went to to AA site and £1830. I'll have a look at maybe adding in a few domestic US sectors as well, but may just leave it at BRU-LHR-LAX-HNL-LAX-LHR-BRU.

I notice that the last day for travel outbound is 15 April, but that you need to start your inbound leg no sooner than the first Sunday after the outbound, so Sunday 20 April. So I could do this to go over the Easter holiday for a 5 night stay.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 11:27 am

There are definitely worse ways to spend Easter!!
Old Aug 16, 2013, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
There are definitely worse ways to spend Easter!!
Just applied for a BAPP as well so may have to wait for a few days until that arrives. This will help me nicely along for the £3k bonus target. Will have to see if I can manage to wait until the card arrives, or might just book it on my Amex gold card anyway this weekend
Old Aug 16, 2013, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by KARFA
Just applied for a BAPP as well so may have to wait for a few days until that arrives. This will help me nicely along for the £3k bonus target. Will have to see if I can manage to wait until the card arrives, or might just book it on my Amex gold card anyway this weekend
You. Must. Resist.

Just kidding, book it, book it, book it!
Old Aug 18, 2013, 9:01 am

Sounds like a good sale from Europe... we are trying for LHR-LAX-LAS / MCO-MIA-LHR in Oct Nov in First, which comes to c.£25k for 5 people.

If we add either CDG or DUB on both ends it takes the prices down to under £15k!!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed the UK routes will be on sale soon
Old Aug 18, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Originally Posted by our_kid
£1546
Do you have the exact itinerary that got you that price? Thanks
Old Aug 18, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Moomin126
Sounds like a good sale from Europe... we are trying for LHR-LAX-LAS / MCO-MIA-LHR in Oct Nov in First, which comes to c.£25k for 5 people.

If we add either CDG or DUB on both ends it takes the prices down to under £15k!!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed the UK routes will be on sale soon
Crikey that's a big saving! I doubt you'll get anything like that discount starting from UK anytime soon. Have you tried pricing it starting from BRU or LUX?
Old Aug 18, 2013, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by ShadowCaptain
Crikey that's a big saving! I doubt you'll get anything like that discount starting from UK anytime soon. Have you tried pricing it starting from BRU or LUX?
We haven't tried BRU or LUX ... It'll be a struggle for us to get to either unfortunately If I'm not mistaken, if we miss one sector, the whole journey will be invalid??
Old Aug 18, 2013, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by haasha
You. Must. Resist.

Just kidding, book it, book it, book it!
Thanks haasha. I have spent far too much time this weekend looking at various options. My choice has pretty much come down to holiday to San Francisco or Honolulu for same dates 15-20 April. SFO come out about £200 cheaper and routing probably BRU-LHR-LCY-JFK-ORD-SFO-JFK-LHR-BRU for 760 TPs. HNL would be BRU-LHR-LAX-HNL-LAX-LHR-BRU for 780 TPs. I know that I could do a few more stops on the HNL one for a few more TPs so may play around a bit more with that, perhaps a LAX-LAS-LHR deviation on the way home which takes it up to 840 TPs

If only my BAPP had arrived on Saturday I would have booked one by now
Old Aug 18, 2013, 6:21 pm

If you're going to stick a stop in on the way back, try LAX-MIA-LHR for an extra 150 TPs over a stop in LAS...
Old Aug 19, 2013, 3:46 am

I'm still waiting and hoping and waiting lol.
We can't fly ex mainland EU so still hopeful for a ex UK sale sometime soon................

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.