Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
Originally Posted by MADPhil
BAEC does not work on a Jan-Dec basis. Your qualification year will start on the 9th. of the month in which you credit your first flight and end on the 8th. of that month in the next year. Your status year will start when you qualify and end at the end of the month following the end of the next qualifying year.

Example:
Join BAEC 15 June 2015 - means nothing except that you can't credit until you join
Credit flight on 15 August 2016 - points collection year is 9 August 2016 to 8 August 2017
Qualify for status on 20 November 2016 - status runs from 20 November 2016 until 30 September 2018
Status counters reset 9 August 2017
Interestingly this not how it worked out for me.

I earned my first ever TP points in June and enough for Silver a couple of weeks later. Just received my card and it is valid to January 18 only - my TP collection year remains 8 December.

Not worried or complaining but I think Silver should have run through to July.

Maybe I previously booked flights while logged in to BA and that triggered the date, even though they where credited to AA?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:54 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by LSunbury

I earned my first ever TP points in June and enough for Silver a couple of weeks later. Just received my card and it is valid to January 18 only - my TP collection year remains 8 December.

Maybe I previously booked flights while logged in to BA and that triggered the date, even though they where credited to AA?
When did you open your BAEC account?

What is your lifetime TP total compared to your current year TP total?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by LSunbury

My actual timing was a bit tighter: joined 17 Sep, flew 16 Nov, TP year started 9 Nov, card valid to 31 Dec. I thought the TP year started when you first flew and credited to BA as reported by others.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
Originally Posted by nux
When did you open your BAEC account?

What is your lifetime TP total compared to your current year TP total?
Date of joining 16Nov, current year and lifetime points are identical.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: Executive Club, Kris, Flying Blue
Hi,
First posting on this site, hope this is the correct place, can't seem to see this particular question asked elsewhere.

I was just wondering, if you pay for an upgrade on a BA Flight, do you earn the extra avios points on the Class flown rather than on the Class that was originally booked? I flew ORD to LHR and upgraded to World Traveller Plus (by Credit Card at the desk, after a nightmare trying to use their App).

Looking at my statement it would appear that I have only been credited with Avios for a World Traveller ticket.

Thanks
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to FT, Hasto!
Originally Posted by Hasto
I was just wondering, if you pay for an upgrade on a BA Flight, do you earn the extra avios points on the Class flown rather than on the Class that was originally booked? I flew ORD to LHR and upgraded to World Traveller Plus (by Credit Card at the desk, after a nightmare trying to use their App).

Looking at my statement it would appear that I have only been credited with Avios for a World Traveller ticket.
Yes, if you have paid for the upgrade with cash, you're entitled to the Avios and Tier Points for the upgraded cabin.

However, if you pay at the airport, it's very common that they don't automatically post properly. You should get in touch with BAEC (personally, I would use the webform on ba.com) to ask for the correct Avios and TPs to be credited to you.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: Executive Club, Kris, Flying Blue
Thanks for your quick reply, Globaliser.

I will give it a few days to see if it gets amended, if not I will certainly use the Webform.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 1:07 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hasto
Thanks for your quick reply, Globaliser.

I will give it a few days to see if it gets amended, if not I will certainly use the Webform.
If the flight has already posted to your account it won't be amended without intervention, so you will need to contact BAEC.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Sorry not sure where to ask this. looking at flights to S'pore and have found flights with Qantas but it says all flights are operated by Emirates via DXB, all flights are Qantas coded, will I still earn Avios and TP's even though I will be on Emirates.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:04 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sapper188
Sorry not sure where to ask this. looking at flights to S'pore and have found flights with Qantas but it says all flights are operated by Emirates via DXB, all flights are Qantas coded, will I still earn Avios and TP's even though I will be on Emirates.
Yes, QF marketed EK operated flights earn avios and TPs. Refer to post #5 in this thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25948899-post5.html).
See bottom of: http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...g-avios--index

See also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-points.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-emirates.html
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thank you for such a quick reply, so in BIZ I should earn 560tp's, great
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
SIN-BNE on a BA code in S class, will I earn 5733 avios as if its a BA flight or a measly 953 as its a QF flight?

Many thanks
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
SIN-BNE on a BA code in S class, will I earn 5733 avios as if its a BA flight or a measly 953 as its a QF flight?

Many thanks
You earn based on the marketing airline.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Thanks KARFA. Bit of a bonus for doing long haul Y then
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Thanks KARFA. Bit of a bonus for doing long haul Y then
Ha, you would have to give me more than 5000 avios as a bonus to encourage me to do longhaul Y. Good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.