Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I'm 27th Dec - ERROR!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by highlandguy
Is there a known problem on RFS bookings?

I've been trying to book LHR-GLA RFS flights since Sunday on both desktop and mobile and keep getting the following error message.

"Error
There was a problem with your request, please try again later"
So 12 days after this post I'm still having this issue as are others looking at the thread. Is there anywhere this can be flagged so BA are aware of it?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
So 12 days after this post I'm still having this issue as are others looking at the thread. Is there anywhere this can be flagged so BA are aware of it?
Does it not work if you use the app? I booked an RFS only on Saturday on the website so I don't think it is a problem preventing any RFS bookings. Sorry if you have tried this already but have you cleared your cookies? Also if you can't get in to the "find reward flights" page have you tried the booking bar on the left hand side on your BAEC homepage instead?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Does it not work if you use the app? I booked an RFS only on Saturday on the website so I don't think it is a problem preventing any RFS bookings. Sorry if you have tried this already but have you cleared your cookies? Also if you can't get in to the "find reward flights" page have you tried the booking bar on the left hand side on your BAEC homepage instead?
Thanks Karfa, I have tried the website (inc the booking bar), cleared cookies and tried the app with no joy.

It seems to be a GLA-LHR issue (I can book RFS to other locations) and also only on specific accounts (someone further up could make a booking on one account but not the same booking on another account).
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I want to pay.. but website won't go beyond "Proceed to Payment". It just hangs.

Tried it both on Chrome and Firefox. Same problem.

Quick there's only 2 seats left at this fare...

Tried to book on my phone.. but it doesn't have multiple sectors..

Can't call Exec Club line - cos its closed in North America and UK.

EDIT: UPDATE - Got it working through INTERNET EXPLORER ! Something in / not in either Chrome or Firefox are preventing the website from moving forward to payment.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Jul 26, 2017 at 1:39 am
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:57 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Call a ba location that's open.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1532264-tool-finding-ba-offices-currently-open.html
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Have tried on laptop, app & iPad - no luck.

When trying to book one way GLA-LHR on Avios in December it fails and comes back with "Error - there was a problem with your request, please try again later"

Has been doing this for 2/3 days
Any update on this issue ba.com Official ?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:05 am

Issue with updated flight details

I use an iPad running the latest software. BA recently cancelled my flight and rebooked me on another. Yet on the my flights section it is still showing the original flight.

What makes it more confusing is the the difference between the 2 flights is 15 original departure 00:05 new departure 23:50 the previous day.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:15 am

Pricing error in date tabs

I've had the following situation on several occasions and haven't been able to work out why - is this a known/documented issue?

In a nutshell, the price shown the date tabs at the top of the booking page is lower any of the available flights in the table below. It makes it very frustrating to try and find the actual lowest price!

Here is an example for NCL-LHR on 1st September - the tab promises "from £55" but the cheapest was well above this.

Sometimes clicking about a bit (forward or backward a day) seems to 'fix' the problem, as per the second screenshot where the previously unavailable BA1337 suddenly offered the £55 fare. But at other times, it just doesn't do anything at all.
Attached Images   
Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
Is there a known problem on RFS bookings?

I've been trying to book LHR-GLA RFS flights since Sunday on both desktop and mobile and keep getting the following error message.

"Error
There was a problem with your request, please try again later"
Originally Posted by KARFA
I'm also still hitting this issue, it affects both the website and the app. Have been trying to check RFS availability for LHR-MAN in September for the last week. A comparative search for LHR-FRA does return results, so it does appear to be limited to domestic.

The booking bar on the left is missing as well, replaced by "Sorry, but you cannot book online using Avios at the moment. To book flights, hotels, cars or experiences please contact your local Executive Club Service Centre.".

Come on @BA.com Official, get this fixed already.

ETA: BA have confirmed via Twitter DM that they've reported the issue to the Web Support team, but as ever who knows how long it'll be until they address it.

Last edited by dakaix; Aug 1, 2017 at 5:24 am
Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
It seems to be a GLA-LHR issue (I can book RFS to other locations) and also only on specific accounts.
I'm having exactly this problem trying to book GLA-LCY in September, on a date where availability is shown in the 'find reward seats' section. However, I just get an error message when trying to find specific flights.

I've tried my account, my wife has tried hers, we've tried laptop, app, different browsers, deleting cookies etc. etc. all to no avail.

It's astonishing that this was reported by users several weeks ago and is still unfixed.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:22 am

I have checked the off peak calendar online and it shows off peak days in red, peak days in blue, but there are days greyed out, what does that mean?

See attached
Attached Images  
Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Gazkane
I have checked the off peak calendar online and it shows off peak days in red, peak days in blue, but there are days greyed out, what does that mean?
Any date greyed out just means that there is no availability that day at the time of you checking.

However, that's not to say that there won't be availability as is sometimes the case in the week and days leading up to whichever date it is redemptions can suddenly open up. Usually at midnight but I have seen at 1500 hours availability being released.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: Some
Not sure if this is an IT glitch or a general lack of geographical knowledge, but I notice that Beijing and Shanghai have now been moved to Middle East & Africa on the BA low fare finder...
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Not sure if this is an IT glitch or a general lack of geographical knowledge, but I notice that Beijing and Shanghai have now been moved to Middle East & Africa on the BA low fare finder...
It's been months. Was already mentioned here, but apparently it's not important enough to fix it.

Personally I find however more annoying that at the same time the BA low fare finder pages for various countries lost US destinations examples (PT/CZ) or all of them (GR/PL).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.