Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2010, 1:22 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by eddy67
According to another thread the first embodied B744 operated LHR-JFK today !

Any news from the BA insiders on its reg ?
I have a sneaking suspicion it was G-CIVF.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, AX Cent so...Delta Plat, SPG Gold, etc..
Originally Posted by eddy67
According to another thread the first embodied B744 operated LHR-JFK today !

Any news from the BA insiders on its reg ?
Would you mind linking the thread?
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:40 am

NF is currently on the ground somewhere and will be for at least the next 24 hours.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 11:39 pm

I flew in the new First Class cabin the other day

jFK to LHR - the first BA flight from JFK after the volcano had the new cabin. It looks good but it offers no more space than before in the seat, cabin or loos - so it is all show really. Superb new lighting; great new window shades and a useful but not clever coat cupboard. No where to put a book, iPod or any other bits and pieces ( just like in club) and new rules stop one from having such things on the ledge at take off and landing - thanks ! Food and wine as cheap as one has come to expect these days - why can't they give passengers a treat ? I used to be thrilled in First class, now whilst grateful for the space, I know not to expect much more than the space and just pray for a friendly crew which they mostly are. To summarize - the new cabin is a spineless re-decoration in blue and grey designed by those who could never know better for those who never knew better. Classless society indeed.....

Last edited by DavidSW1; Apr 27, 2010 at 5:39 pm Reason: Unfinished before
Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: Tesco Blue, Library Card
Originally Posted by DavidSW1
No where to put a book, iPod or any other bits and pieces ( just like in club)
Club has a handy drawer for this stuff and even window boxes on the UD 747s seats.

Plus I believe that the storage cupboard has pockets for the storage of books and things.

Last edited by theaxe; Apr 27, 2010 at 9:56 am
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
jFK to LHR - the first BA flight from JFK after the volcano had the new cabin. It looks good but it offers no more space than before in the seat, cabin or loos - so it is all show really. Superb new lighting; great new window shades and a useful but not clever coat cupboard. No where to put a book, iPod or any other bits and pieces ( just like in club) and new rules stop one from having such things on the ledge at take off and landing - thanks ! Food and wine as cheap as one has come to expect these days - why can't they give passengers a
Welcome to FT.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by theaxe
Club has a handy drawer for this stuff and even window boxes on the UD 747s seats.

Plus I believe that the storage cupboard has pockets for the storage of books and things.
Yes. I think the drawer in Club is under your leg rest though when reclining - so not much use. My first class cupboard had a very narrow hanger inside - good for a 10 year old's coat but not for a mans' one. There were no pockets in my cupboard - on a 747 by the way.

Indeed for having bits and pieces to hand there is nothing better than the bins next to window-side BA upstairs club seats on a 747.
Old May 1, 2010, 12:51 am

Update!

I recently saw this photo:
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Briti...d84c1acc7a1db7

It shows G-YMMU with the new First back in March

sosfred

Last edited by Prospero; May 1, 2010 at 9:18 am
Old May 6, 2010, 3:42 am

Programs: AY Lumo.
For what it's worth, I was flying G-CIVF on LHR-IAD yesterday in business class (yes, bagged 62K) and the staff mentioned that the plane we were on had the new First.

Yes, it would have been nice to be in First, but until BA starts allowing MFUs for bookings made via travel agents, it ain't going to happen.
Old May 6, 2010, 5:50 am

jFK to LHR - the first BA flight from JFK after the volcano had the new cabin. It looks good but it offers no more space than before in the seat, cabin or loos - so it is all show really. Superb new lighting; great new window shades and a useful but not clever coat cupboard. No where to put a book, iPod or any other bits and pieces ( just like in club) and new rules stop one from having such things on the ledge at take off and landing - thanks ! Food and wine as cheap as one has come to expect these days - why can't they give passengers a treat ? I used to be thrilled in First class, now whilst grateful for the space, I know not to expect much more than the space and just pray for a friendly crew which they mostly are. To summarize - the new cabin is a spineless re-decoration in blue and grey designed by those who could never know better for those who never knew better. Classless society indeed.....
How does the new seat not offer any more space?

The armrests go down and there is a LOT more space at your feet.
Old May 15, 2010, 10:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
I quite like the new First....

Originally Posted by xxxxx
How does the new seat not offer any more space?

The armrests go down and there is a LOT more space at your feet.
We were lucky enough to spy that we were flying on G-VIIU back from DXB this morning. ^

I have to admit that my Mrs markyg and I really enjoyed the new cabin on the 777. I'm a fairly broad shouldered 6" guy and found that there was loads of room around my shoulders and plenty of space all the way down the bed to my feet. The seat feels significantly more spacious than the current offering especially around the knees and feet. Granted it may not be as luxurious or spacious as some of the other carriers offerings but I felt that I had everything I needed for a comfortable flight.

My main thoughts were :-
1) Middle seats feel much more private than they do with the current offering
2) Bigger TV was great but it's a shame the AVOD system doesn't run at a high enough resolution to do it justice
3) Headrest and recline controls enabled me to find a number of relaxing positions to watch the TV
4) I stored my laptop at the base of the seat area and still had plenty of room to stretch without hitting my stuff

Cabin was empty so I tried 1A for approach and landing and although it is a slightly different layout to the centre seats it still felt very comfortable.

Crew were great, food and wine were fine, a top notch experience all round.
Old May 15, 2010, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Sounds good!
Old May 15, 2010, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by markyg
2) Bigger TV was great but it's a shame the AVOD system doesn't run at a high enough resolution to do it justice
You've got to be joking I don't understand the airlines thought process: "Look a crappy picture on a small screen, lets upgrade that to a crappy picture that looks even worse on a bigger screen. The customers will love it!"
Old May 15, 2010, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by sosfred
That actually looks rather better than I would have expected. Maybe no revolution, but a substantial evolution. Not bad at all BA!
Old May 17, 2010, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Is NF being fitted to all 747s?

Reading some of the posts and also some of the press releases a few months ago (although not BA's own press releases), it sounded like it was just being fitted to 777s - although the fact it as already been fitted to one 747 would seem to suggest the opposite. Am I just mis-reading it?

I have a reward flight to SYD next year and was planning to go for the 747 flight. I know there's no guarantees of NF but I don't want to reduce my chances either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.