Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New LM credit card coming to U.S.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA Premier-1K, DM,SM,BA,AA & SPG
I finally got this card trained so I do not get fraud alerts any longer but I just got my September statement with over $3000k spend a grocery stores and the state indicates 0 miles for the the grocery category (some of my spend did not involve giftcards) and 255 miles for other stuff. I can't believe the Popular is filtering out GC purchases when none of the other players are doing this. Any thoughts?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by xshanex
I finally got this card trained so I do not get fraud alerts any longer but I just got my September statement with over $3000k spend a grocery stores and the state indicates 0 miles for the the grocery category (some of my spend did not involve giftcards) and 255 miles for other stuff. I can't believe the Popular is filtering out GC purchases when none of the other players are doing this. Any thoughts?
I have the same issue on my September statement (viz. showing 0 miles for groceries), but the correct miles have posted to my LifeMiles account however.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:50 pm

I am considering the Vuela card at https://www.lifemilescreditcard.com but I am wondering where I enter the AVSPWE code to up the bonus from 40k to 60k? Has the promo code field been removed?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:38 am

Just a heads up:
Since it is getting close to annual fee time, and I have been unable to log in to their online account website for months, I tried calling to cancel the card today.

Unfortunately, I received a busy signal.

I am wondering if this is due to the hurricanes and likely the lack of a non-PR call center.
Regardless, we should probably keep a close watch on this as the annual fee comes due for those of us who applied for the card after it came out.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by AlmostJesus
Just a heads up:
Since it is getting close to annual fee time, and I have been unable to log in to their online account website for months, I tried calling to cancel the card today.

Unfortunately, I received a busy signal.

I am wondering if this is due to the hurricanes and likely the lack of a non-PR call center.
Regardless, we should probably keep a close watch on this as the annual fee comes due for those of us who applied for the card after it came out.
What is the link to their online account website ? I didn't even know there was one.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by rover4618
What is the link to their online account website ? I didn't even know there was one.
The website name makes no sense:
https://www.myonlinecreditcard.com/B...sumer/Login.do
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The website has this message:

Make Payment
  • Due to the impacts of Hurricane Maria, some of our telecommunications systems have been affected. To contact our call center please use the following alternate phone number: 1-800-268-8274 from 7:00am to 4:00pm EST. We apologize for the inconvenience
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: UA Gold
Has anyone cancelled this card yet? I recall reading at the beginning when this card came out that people who cancelled shortly after getting the bonus we’re getting their miles clawed back. I’ve only used up half my miles, but 2nd year annual fee is coming up soon and I’m not interested in keeping the card but I’m wondering if they’ll claw back my remaining miles.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The website has this message:
Not a good time to get this card
Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:01 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Are there any restrictions on the extra free bag when travelling to Central America? If I'm understanding correctly, I'm flying LAX-BOG in Y, then I am entitled to:
2 bags regular allowance
1 bag extra for *G
1 bag extra for having the LM Vuela Card
A total of 4 bags?

Seems a tad generous but seems to match the info I've been able to find.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:57 am

Annual fee is coming due for me this month - tried calling the 1-800-268-8274 number and was on hold for 20 min before i gave up. Anyone else have luck cancelling their cards recently? Best time to call? thanks
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:23 pm

I'm having a hard time getting the extra 20,000

I can't seem to find where to put the promo code for the extra 20,000. I know previous replies said it was in the Financial Information section but I don't see it there or anywhere. Would someone who has applied for this card before mind having a look and let me know if I am missing something obvious? I'm planning a trip to South America in January and that extra 20,000 gets me two additional flights I need!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by sxc234
Annual fee is coming due for me this month - tried calling the 1-800-268-8274 number and was on hold for 20 min before i gave up. Anyone else have luck cancelling their cards recently? Best time to call? thanks
I called yesterday early morning EDT. Had about a 20 minutes hold, but after that, was a no-hassle, professionally handled call.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 4:44 am

2nd Card Application Data Points

Has anyone who had the Banco Avianca card, earned the bonus, and cancelled the card gone back to apply for it again?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 3:51 pm

Cancelling avianca card

AF is coming up too. I have scheduled my flights using the miles, but won't take the actual flights until next year. Any chance they claw them back if I cancel the card, even though I've got scheduled flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.